Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6649 6650 [6651] 6652 6653 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14459778 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99750 on: April 01, 2016, 01:44:55 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSZ4tSoumNk

No, no, no, NO!

What's wrong here?
Doom turned into Halo with screamo metal in the background.
Bye Doom. We hardly knew ye :P
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99751 on: April 01, 2016, 01:46:56 pm »

Went to the vet yesterday and discovered that their office had acquired a "therapy cat". This big black cat just sorta wanders around the reception area, casually sauntering up to people and their animals to say hello and receive petting. Probably the calmest, friendliest cat I've ever seen, which probably goes a long way towards being an impromptu therapist.
But what if people are allergic to cats while bringing pets to vets?
What if someone else had left their cat at the vet for a few hours?  (Though, I guess I'm referring to vets that work out of their own home and not a proper office place.)
It's a proper office, pretty well-organized and stocked too. Besides, I asked the receptionist and she told me that the cat does belong to the office.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99752 on: April 01, 2016, 01:48:53 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSZ4tSoumNk

No, no, no, NO!

What's wrong here?
Doom turned into Halo with screamo metal in the background.
Bye Doom. We hardly knew ye :P
Its not halo until you only have 2 weapons at a time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99753 on: April 01, 2016, 01:52:24 pm »

Bethesda is making the new Doom? Oh good, that means it'll be FULL OF BUGS.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99754 on: April 01, 2016, 01:52:41 pm »

I've set up a LAMP server in virtual box to play around with and to learn PHP, SQL, and a few other things. Got the server set up yesterday, could access basic HTML and PHP documents, decided to call it a day. Then today I decided to set up some firewall rules, get some experience with that. Type in ufw enable. Get about two full pages of error messages. Now time to install a second virtual machine and try to see where I fucked up. Because I fucked something up hard enough that I'm only getting one or two results on google for some of these messages, and those are all forum posts with zero answers.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99755 on: April 01, 2016, 01:59:52 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/01/politics/suv-crashes-into-navy-f-a-18-fighter-jet/index.html

How does an SUV fleeing the police get inside a U.S. Navy base and take out a $60 million top-of-the-line fighter jet?

That's the question officials at Naval Station Lemoore outside Fresno, California, are trying to figure out after a Jeep Grand Cherokee racing away from a California Highway Patrol traffic stop got 7 miles inside the Navy installation late Wednesday and crashed into the tail section of an F/A-18 Super Hornet.

Navy and California Highway Patrol officials said at a press conference Thursday that two people were in the Jeep -- a male driver and female passenger. Both died and their identifications were being withheld pending notification of next of kin, officials said.
The air station's commander, Capt. Monty Ashliman, said neither of the occupants of the Jeep had a military affiliation and it was not a targeted attack on the base.

But an investigation was under way on how the vehicle got past armed security at one of the entry points to a base that's home to 15 F/A-18 squadrons, most of the Navy's fighter squadrons in the Pacific, and billions of dollars' worth of aircraft.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99756 on: April 01, 2016, 02:09:56 pm »

Went to the vet yesterday and discovered that their office had acquired a "therapy cat". This big black cat just sorta wanders around the reception area, casually sauntering up to people and their animals to say hello and receive petting. Probably the calmest, friendliest cat I've ever seen, which probably goes a long way towards being an impromptu therapist.
Why did I picture a therapy panther when I first read that?
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99757 on: April 01, 2016, 02:12:39 pm »

Pretty clearly a botched assassination by the secret services.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #99758 on: April 01, 2016, 02:14:07 pm »

sucks to be them?
Cat's possibly just hypoallergenic. There's a few breeds of housecat that are -- we actually had a pair of korats for a while, despite one of the folks in the house being allergic to cats. Never had a problem. Is good stuff!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99759 on: April 01, 2016, 03:03:34 pm »

Bethesda is making the new Doom?

No, Id is. Bethesda Softworks is Id's parent company.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99760 on: April 01, 2016, 04:33:32 pm »

UGH! can people skip April Fools?

No one tells good jokes. At least the vast majority of them are bad jokes.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99761 on: April 01, 2016, 04:35:15 pm »

Don't worry. It is over in approximately half an hour. (Here in Sweden at least.)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99762 on: April 01, 2016, 04:37:35 pm »

Nope.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #99763 on: April 01, 2016, 04:50:10 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/01/politics/suv-crashes-into-navy-f-a-18-fighter-jet/index.html

How does an SUV fleeing the police get inside a U.S. Navy base and take out a $60 million top-of-the-line fighter jet?

That's the question officials at Naval Station Lemoore outside Fresno, California, are trying to figure out after a Jeep Grand Cherokee racing away from a California Highway Patrol traffic stop got 7 miles inside the Navy installation late Wednesday and crashed into the tail section of an F/A-18 Super Hornet.

Navy and California Highway Patrol officials said at a press conference Thursday that two people were in the Jeep -- a male driver and female passenger. Both died and their identifications were being withheld pending notification of next of kin, officials said.
The air station's commander, Capt. Monty Ashliman, said neither of the occupants of the Jeep had a military affiliation and it was not a targeted attack on the base.

But an investigation was under way on how the vehicle got past armed security at one of the entry points to a base that's home to 15 F/A-18 squadrons, most of the Navy's fighter squadrons in the Pacific, and billions of dollars' worth of aircraft.

This is GTA

Must be GTA

Videogames actually affect your behaviour xD

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99764 on: April 01, 2016, 04:54:40 pm »

Almost got one of my coworkers fired today. Here I am, busting my ass enough that it's causing significant strain to the point that I'm tempted to request Workman's Comp forms in advance, while he wanders about doing what he feels like, constantly talking to everyone he can. What really pushed me to report him was seeing him take a single item off of the rack he was putting out, walk halfway across the store to where the item belongs, then spend several minutes talking with another coworker. He was talked to, but then went right back to what he was doing. My sister is also reporting him because later in the day he managed to strike up conversation with two of her employees at the same time, making sure they're not doing anything. Mind you, this is happening at a time when we're constantly being yelled at because for some reason we either cannot make our production quotas or cannot clean up the production area at the end of the day, indicating that there's a problem somewhere along the line.

On the way home, my mother gives me half a meatball parmesan sandwich. As I'm eating it, she explains that she got it from a place she passes regularly but never went in. She explains her reasoning to go in was that. in her words: "It looks so clean inside and everyone inside is white and there's never any black people around". If it wasn't for the fact that I was really hungry and think wasting food is a really bad thing and it was a really good sandwich I'd have thrown it out the window.

Don't worry. It is over in approximately half an hour. (Here in Sweden at least.)

According to my boss, you're technically only supposed to do pranks until midday.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 6649 6650 [6651] 6652 6653 ... 11040