Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6647 6648 [6649] 6650 6651 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458256 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99720 on: April 01, 2016, 05:32:05 am »

Edit: PhtbbbbbbbbbBBBBBbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 05:43:53 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99721 on: April 01, 2016, 05:52:02 am »

why are we discussing photovoltaics and lasers here? This is about mirrors brah. And lenses. Lenses too.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 05:53:40 am by Gentlefish »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99722 on: April 01, 2016, 06:07:05 am »

Two particles(including photons) cannot occupy the same point. All a lens does is compress photons more densely into an area, but you cannot get any more density than the source. After all you're not creating photons, you're redirecting ones that already exist.

Even with photovoltaic cells and lasers, you're only converting photons to electricity and back at massive inefficiency.

Sorry, had to type this fast.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99723 on: April 01, 2016, 06:10:50 am »

So glad people are arguing about more pointless science than I can be arsed to read right now.  :)

The urge to shitpost was getting way too high, reading back over the last few pages.
One wheel short of a wagon

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #99724 on: April 01, 2016, 06:15:21 am »

So glad people are arguing about more pointless science than I can be arsed to read right now.  :)

The urge to shitpost was getting way too high, reading back over the last few pages.
That reminds me, in something more on-topic for this thread, I keep getting adds for this Iphone game about Tangled, but only on the SBFP site, it's not even very good, it's ten seconds of someone badly playing Rapunzel lassoing her way around a small level collecting flowers with really out of place violin music in the background.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99725 on: April 01, 2016, 06:28:02 am »

Two particles(including photons) cannot occupy the same point.
That's not true. Photons, like all bosons, are not restricted by the Pauli exclusion principle.

That xkcd article looks borked to me also.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99726 on: April 01, 2016, 07:14:02 am »

Well, yeah, that's what we've been saying. It's color that's wrong.
Nah fam. The original Latin used -or affixes for the -or/-our words. -or and -our coexisted for centuries, with the latter being derived from the Old French influences of the Norman conquest, then rolled back later to a certain degree during the Renaissance when people started studying the ancients more. Brits didn't know WTF they wanted to use, and there were strong professional arguments for both. Webster, an American, resolved that for us by using -or exclusively in his dictionary in an effort at spelling reform. The Commonwealth only really shifted towards -our exclusively to differentiate themselves from us filthy colonials.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #99727 on: April 01, 2016, 07:45:35 am »

Bigoted language is banned though. Hopefully not so in jest, I think I've used it a lot...
It happens. The synonym for a bundle of sticks is The Berserk Button.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #99728 on: April 01, 2016, 07:48:49 am »

The explanation is fairly simple: In 1884,  meridian time personnel met in Washington to change Earth time. First words said was that only 1 day could be used on Earth to not change  the 1 day bible. So they applied the 1 day  and  ignored  the  other  3 days.

Time cube website is gone BTW. Farewell you unintentional comedy goldmine
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99729 on: April 01, 2016, 08:19:23 am »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99730 on: April 01, 2016, 09:49:48 am »

Given that the only thing that photovoltaic cells and lasers do is "focus energy", and "in such a way" clearly refers to the "target is hotter than the source", this argument just fails completely. TOP KEK.
THATSNOTFUCKINGOPTICS
H
A
T
S
N
O
T
F
U
C
K
I
N
G
O
P
T
I
C
S
And that makes it break the "general thermodynamic rule", how, exactly? What's the fundamental thing about lasers and photovoltaic cells that makes them so special as to make them (as according to the Randall's argument) break the Second law of thermodynamics, compared with what you call "optics"?

You store energy with photovoltaics. You do not do so with a lens concentrated on a point.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #99731 on: April 01, 2016, 09:56:32 am »

Bigoted language is banned though. Hopefully not so in jest, I think I've used it a lot...
Fag just means ciggy, but calling someone a ciggy butt would be hilarious and offensive though it would have different meanings

inb4 aussie ciggy butt brains

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #99732 on: April 01, 2016, 10:07:41 am »

What about British meatballs? The only people those offend are everyone ever from every meatball-making culture. (Yes, even Brits.)

:P
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:27:00 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99733 on: April 01, 2016, 10:21:57 am »

Given that the only thing that photovoltaic cells and lasers do is "focus energy", and "in such a way" clearly refers to the "target is hotter than the source", this argument just fails completely. TOP KEK.
THATSNOTFUCKINGOPTICS
H
A
T
S
N
O
T
F
U
C
K
I
N
G
O
P
T
I
C
S
And that makes it break the "general thermodynamic rule", how, exactly? What's the fundamental thing about lasers and photovoltaic cells that makes them so special as to make them (as according to the Randall's argument) break the Second law of thermodynamics, compared with what you call "optics"?

You store energy with photovoltaics. You do not do so with a lens concentrated on a point.
And how does "storing energy" explains it seemingly bypassing the supposedly universally applicable "second law of thermodynamics"-based explanation...

you know what

stick a fork in me

i'm done

* Sergarr = done
._.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99734 on: April 01, 2016, 10:35:16 am »

Sergarr, the question was clearly intended to be only about optics, not lasers.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6647 6648 [6649] 6650 6651 ... 11040