Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6635 6636 [6637] 6638 6639 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14459805 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99541 on: March 31, 2016, 09:11:52 am »

world of warships is better game anyways
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #99542 on: March 31, 2016, 09:14:06 am »

Not really comparable, those are sailing ships. You might say that Naval Action is a better game, but still this is a joke event anyway.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99543 on: March 31, 2016, 09:22:33 am »

Well it it wasn't a joke i'd be saying this is the worst game ever.
No really the sailship joke is pretty much early access quality and arguably even ravens cry and it's remake vendetta were better and more polished games.

Anyway from the looks of it you can only play the sailships once and you get barred from playing with them even ever again.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:25:07 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #99544 on: March 31, 2016, 09:44:37 am »

Well it it wasn't a joke i'd be saying this is the worst game ever.
No really the sailship joke is pretty much early access quality and arguably even ravens cry and it's remake vendetta were better and more polished games.

Anyway from the looks of it you can only play the sailships once and you get barred from playing with them even ever again.
They still put more work into this than into regular game. :X

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #99545 on: March 31, 2016, 10:02:02 am »

I'm getting a bit peeved about orchestra conductors who try to explain a song's nuances by singing rather than actually explaining what the musicians are doing wrong and what they should do. "Play the 5-note phrases in legato, but put a staccato on the last note" tells me so much more than "Du-i-u-i-ub".
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 10:05:31 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99546 on: March 31, 2016, 10:10:13 am »

There are really advantages to both methods.  But I personally would be a bit confused at someone going "du-i-u-i-ub"  because what the heck is 'ub' even supposed to mean.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #99547 on: March 31, 2016, 10:58:48 am »

because what the heck is 'ub' even supposed to mean.
I wasn't aware 'du-i-u-i' meant anything. The whole thing is just an approximation of a phrase of a song with no lyrics. The 'ub' is supposed to be the phrase abruptly stopping to articulate the staccato.

For me it's the other way round. Primarily because aside from fortissimo I have no clue about musical... words.
Knowing musical words is pretty important in playing in an orchestra where the conductor doesn't have time to explain every action the musicians should do. However, the extremely terse method of singing the nuances wastes time as it has to be repeated over and over as the musician has no idea what they're doing wrong.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:00:36 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99548 on: March 31, 2016, 11:01:10 am »

Yeah, but stacatto is generally '-t' sorts of endings.  So I have no idea where that guy got '-b' from.

It's literally an approximation of what the notes are supposed to sound like.

So, a good starting point, at the very least, but if that's all the guy is doing he's not doing enough.

Or she.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99549 on: March 31, 2016, 11:37:55 am »

However, the extremely terse method of singing the nuances wastes time as it has to be repeated over and over as the musician has no idea what they're doing wrong.
Depends. If the desired effect is difficult to describe using the accepted terminology, singing is both faster and more precise.
Consider jazz musicians at a jam session: If they tried only communicating via that terminology, they'd never get anything done. Of course it's different in an orchestra, but there are parallels.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #99550 on: March 31, 2016, 11:41:56 am »

My old flute teacher used to use 'taa', 'fi', and 'ta'. It actually worked pretty well, although it did occasionally wind me up.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99551 on: March 31, 2016, 12:19:57 pm »

Having a minor moment of irritation.
Item 1: Housemate has food poisoning, is throwing up... in our kitchen sink.
Item 2: Other housemate left plates in said sink.

So I'm a bit freaked out, but can't really explain common courtesy to someone currently chucking their cookies.

(For reference, I've been brought up on the idea that vomit belongs where the poo goes)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99552 on: March 31, 2016, 12:31:06 pm »

Work out most tactful way to determine that item 2's housemate shall be doing the washing up of said plates.
One wheel short of a wagon

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #99553 on: March 31, 2016, 01:02:12 pm »

Get a bucket, have them throw up into that. It's neater than throwing up into the toilet, if they aren't used to that.
Love, scriver~

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99554 on: March 31, 2016, 01:05:39 pm »

Work out most tactful way to tell the vomiting party to find a better place to vomit, and who will perform the cleaning and possible sterilization of the sink :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 6635 6636 [6637] 6638 6639 ... 11040