Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6628 6629 [6630] 6631 6632 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463419 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99435 on: March 29, 2016, 07:54:23 pm »

Do a dancing class, that would be fun. Depending on what kind of dancing it teaches, I suppose.
But yeah, that is a rather strange combination...

Belly-Dancing, Bollywood Dancing, Dance Fusion, Dance Triple Combo, High-Speed Hip-Hop, Latin Dancing, Line Dancing for Intermediates, and Line Dancing for Experts.

Nah.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99436 on: March 29, 2016, 07:57:50 pm »

Oh... so apart from Bollywood and Latin Dancing, they're all terrible classes.
That's a shame. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #99437 on: March 29, 2016, 07:58:51 pm »

All these courses on how to do things at local community centres. With age limits preventing any adults missing life-skills from being able to get them.

I am 23 and cannot cook. The basic cooking class at my local rec centre has an age limit of 15.
A good rule of thumb is that a lot of the cooking advice on the front page of google for a given thing will come from cooking shows that make it needlessly complicated.  If you want to use those, remove anything from the recipe that is a spice or otherwise feels like a needless addition.

As a general rule you can make cooking pretty simple on yourself if you want.  Most things can be made by putting on a plate/pan/larger pan, putting in microwave/stove/oven (with vegetable oil or parchment paper if its going to stick) and heating for x minutes.  The simplest and cheapest way I know to cook a lot of food is rice or pasta.  Get a large pot, fill it about halfway with water, heat until boiling on a stove, then dump pasta/rice in till its mostly full.  Stir occassionally.  When you think it might be done (10+ minutes very very vaguely), take out a bit of the pasta/rice on a wooden spoon, run cold water over it so it doesn't burn you, then taste it.  If it tastes done then it is (otherwise it should be stiff/dry).  If there's water left (there will be with pasta, might not be with rice), you can strain it out by putting the pot's lid almost on so that water gets through but pasta won't.  If you want more variety you can toss frozen vegetables in a couple minutes before you think the rice/pasta will be done.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99438 on: March 29, 2016, 08:05:35 pm »

That's... a lot of rice, to be honest. A half-cup of rice can be pretty filling for me, and that's before adding stuff. Really, for a half-cup of white long-grain rice(most common, cheapest at grocery store), you just need a cup of water, and maybe a small dallop of margarine or teensy bit of oil(optional, reduces sticking), and a pot. Bring the water to boil, add rice, cover, let sit for about 10-15 minutes(aka "till it's done").

Trust me, cooking is easy. It's not hard to learn, and the only major consequence to failing is food poisoning, and it's actually pretty hard to die from that unless you're allergic to something.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99439 on: March 29, 2016, 08:14:22 pm »

Yeah and rice is a bit tricky, it always soaks up more water than seems possible.
But it's not a problem, there's nothing dangerous about undercooked or dryish rice.  It just doesn't taste so good, and you can add more water later if necessary.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99440 on: March 29, 2016, 08:26:45 pm »

I bought a rice cooker. I rinse the rice, put it in, add the corresponding amount of water, optionally put frozen vegetables in the steam tray, close the lid, press a button, and in 30-45 minutes or so, it's done, I take it out, and clean the things I used to make it, and then eat.

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99441 on: March 29, 2016, 08:33:35 pm »

Exactly, except my rice cooker broke eventually so I use a normal cooking pot.  For about 20 minutes (unless it's brown rise) and I don't bother to rinse the rice first.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #99442 on: March 29, 2016, 08:40:04 pm »

How is Tom Clancy's The Division THIS good? I've barely played it and I'm already hooked :D
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99443 on: March 29, 2016, 08:57:09 pm »

Rice cookers are the best, because you can just throw the meat in as well and eat your vegetables raw and BAM! You've reduced your entire meal to a single cooking dish.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99444 on: March 29, 2016, 09:03:56 pm »

Last time I used any kind of slow-cooker, I managed to ruin it. How the hell was I expected to put a pot within another pot, when there are no instructions available beyond "Put the food into the pot"? I dumped the pot into the pot, and it all fell out the bottom.

I think I mentioned that on here before, actually.

Long Distance Triathlon Training for Beginners. Yes. Perfect. Just what a scrawny little guy like me needs.

Arts: Acrylic Painting, Coloured Penciling, Charcoal Drawing, Pastels Drawing, Pen Painting, Ink Painting, Oil Painting, Wash Painting (?), Water Painting, and a course on how to use Pinterest.

Lots of sports, too. What the hell is Squash, anyways? Or Pickleball, for that matter?

There's also Intermediate and Expert Karate and Judo. And Beginner's Fencing. Why must the beekeepers fight?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #99445 on: March 29, 2016, 09:07:06 pm »

Those instructions are like that because 99% of the time slow cookers are kept with the ceramic pot inside the metal pot. You usually only take it out to clean it. I mean, they nest together. If you store them separately you're just taking up more space and letting the metal heating part get dust inside it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99446 on: March 29, 2016, 09:07:33 pm »

You don't know what squash is?!
Apparently it's pretty fun. And you can play it on your own, or with an opponent. Plus, it's good exercise.
I haven't played it myself, though. This is just what my brother tells me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99447 on: March 29, 2016, 09:08:09 pm »

Not my fault the slow-cooker can't fit in the fridge. I'm not the one who tried to put it in there.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99448 on: March 29, 2016, 09:10:58 pm »

Ooh, squash.  It's basically racquetball but you aren't allowed to hit the wall too low, making the game more about endurance than tricksy kill shots.

you probably know that already but it always looked more fun than racquetball, to me

Haha fencing beekeepers!  Might be more your style than freaking triathlon.
She/they

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #99449 on: March 29, 2016, 09:16:11 pm »

Pickleball is like Badminton, but with a lower net and different racquets. I don't really know anything else about it since I've never played it.
Pages: 1 ... 6628 6629 [6630] 6631 6632 ... 11040