Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6550 6551 [6552] 6553 6554 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14430503 times)

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #98265 on: March 12, 2016, 08:39:28 pm »

It's not a sexist label so much as a stupidity label. Thinking that effort always comes with the reward you expected.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98266 on: March 12, 2016, 08:47:26 pm »

Man, I never even thought about it in terms of "effort". More like "you've been friends for a while, you develop romantic feelings for the other, the other doesn't reciprocate feelings/thinks it's a bad idea for whatever reason/doesn't even realize it; you're in the friend zone".

Dunno. I have basically zero experience with these matters so I likely have no idea what I'm talking about.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #98267 on: March 12, 2016, 08:50:51 pm »

It pops up since people that use the term generally didn't have real interest in anything other than sex with the person in the first place. I've also seen it pop up in reverse of how usually depicted too, I had a friend in high school that complained her "Boyfriend" freindzoned her and then she broke things off with him since she was mad.

I decided I need better friends then.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98268 on: March 12, 2016, 09:14:32 pm »

Was playing CK2, and there was one guy who had a plot to kill me for more than half of his 75 year long life. I didn't  even do anything wrong or be in the way of anything he could want. We even both liked each other! But no just kill some king you shouldn't care about that makes sense.

Isn't there usually an option to ask a plot leader to end their plot?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98269 on: March 12, 2016, 09:31:52 pm »

Ok how the HECK did the friend zone go from being a thing, to being a sexist thing, to being a thing again?

How the world did it escape the black hole that is the sexist label?
It's only sexist according to people who call everything sexist anyway; the rest of us just think it's dumb. Mostly because it's dumb.

Isn't there usually an option to ask a plot leader to end their plot?
"stop trying to kill me kthx"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #98270 on: March 12, 2016, 09:38:27 pm »

Ok just some extra trivia. The 152 mm HE shell fired from the KV2 has almost 7 kilos of explosive material.
Ammoracks are said to explode when a shell with at least 150 grams of explosives (Or a TNT equivalent) detonates nearby...
So basically what happened here is in theory impossible... but hey balance right?

I guess the explosion tore a massive hole in the vehicles side causing the ammo to fall out before exploding.

The most likely explanation is that the ammo rack in question was empty.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #98271 on: March 12, 2016, 09:44:28 pm »

i got into bronze league in SFV today

then it immediately placed me 5 times in a row against people in the bracket above me, knocking me back down

beautiful

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #98272 on: March 12, 2016, 09:52:46 pm »

The friend zone is a great place! You don't have to deal with drama. It's great out here. Come join me!

EDIT: In other news, I'm trying to get into Space Station 13 and I can't figure out how to connect to open BYOND for some reason  ::)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:55:03 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #98273 on: March 12, 2016, 10:00:30 pm »

i always like the term boyfriendzone better

"i liked this girl and we hit it off and became friends but she didn't want to be my girlfriend so i boyfriendzoned her"

that's a much more appropriate way to look at it

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #98274 on: March 12, 2016, 10:09:37 pm »

Man, I never even thought about it in terms of "effort". More like "you've been friends for a while, you develop romantic feelings for the other, the other doesn't reciprocate feelings/thinks it's a bad idea for whatever reason/doesn't even realize it; you're in the friend zone".

Dunno. I have basically zero experience with these matters so I likely have no idea what I'm talking about.
Its more the way many people went about complaining about it.  Its one thing to recognize that you have unrequited romantic feelings for another person, its quite another thing to think that that's the other person's fault.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98275 on: March 12, 2016, 10:11:26 pm »

The friend zone is a great place! You don't have to deal with drama. It's great out here. Come join me!
Oho, there can certainly be drama amongst friends.  But in my experience it's a lot more rational than, say, family drama.  And what I've seen of relationship drama seems like the worst.
Though maybe family and romantic relationships involve more unconditional forgiveness.  Which is nice, but isn't it a bit meaningless?

Not that I know much about real romantic relationships.  I thought I had partners, but they were really just friends who shared my need to satisfy certain peers and family members (Well actually, there was one person who was at least crushing on me hard...  And was frustrated that I didn't really reciprocate).  When I finally found a real relationship, I had to run away to deal with the personal insight.
(The insight was that I was gay, and that was terrifying and disgusting to me at the time.  Sure explained a lot though!)

Rails before pails

EDIT: In other news, I'm trying to get into Space Station 13 and I can't figure out how to connect to open BYOND for some reason  ::)
Once you have BYOND installed, you should just have to click on a byond:// hyperlink and it'll launch byond.  Almost none of the SS13 servers I played on actually used the in-BYOND server listing, except temporarily.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:13:26 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #98276 on: March 12, 2016, 10:17:34 pm »

So has anyone been following the Apple San Bernadino decryption order thing? Since now there's some stupid sheriff in Florida saying if Tim Cook doesn't unlock the phone he'll go arrest him.

And not that long ago a DA said it needs to be unlocked because it might have some kind of cyber pathogen inside. And then said the cyber pathogen is likely a lie. ... What the fuck is wrong with these people exactly?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98277 on: March 12, 2016, 10:45:56 pm »

The most likely explanation is that the ammo rack in question was empty.
Empty ammoracks are not shown in the X-ray view so the ammo was there. It just didn't explode.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98278 on: March 12, 2016, 11:12:43 pm »

Friend makes plans to bring a couple other people who I kind of know to hang out at our place. Mutual friend of ours also coming.

Me and mutual friend hang out while we wait for the other three to come over. Friend ends up going to the other people's place, while not telling us about the change of plans. We only find out because of a snapchat from one of the other people. Now we are both slightly irritated because we could have made other plans or just not waited for three hours until we knew what was going on. Like we both offered to be elsewhere multiple times today so if he didn't want the two of us there he could have just said.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98279 on: March 12, 2016, 11:45:24 pm »

So has anyone been following the Apple San Bernadino decryption order thing? Since now there's some stupid sheriff in Florida saying if Tim Cook doesn't unlock the phone he'll go arrest him.

And not that long ago a DA said it needs to be unlocked because it might have some kind of cyber pathogen inside. And then said the cyber pathogen is likely a lie. ... What the fuck is wrong with these people exactly?

I don't follow it or even care but if something MIGHT have a virus but most likely does not it does not mean it's not there.
When someone calls the hospital and informs the secretary that he planted a bomb inside the building people evacuate no matter how unlikely the existence of a bomb might be.

That's my 2 cents on it... and again i have no idea what's the whole ordeal is about.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 6550 6551 [6552] 6553 6554 ... 11039