Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457290 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #9810 on: May 24, 2012, 05:17:41 pm »

First: Why are you applying for a job at a bank? Aren't you already swamped with obligations? Do you need some extra income that bad?
Two: Yes, I once punched a hole in my wall thanks to paperwork like that. Except the way it was set up, it was literally impossible to fill out without lying. Without knowingly lying. And that was literally the ONLY way to fill out the form - not just guessing and maybe being wrong, but explicitly knowing "this is 100% wrong" and writing it down.

Fucking hate paperwork. Now my eye is twitching just remembering it.

Yup. If I got a steady job with a bank that paid a salary instead of essentially hunting down cases, then I could actually have a "normal job." Do you understand how awesome it would be to have benefits? Self employment sucks with the double payroll tax and the no health insurance or paying the outrageous fees yourself.... Plus I'd kill to work ONLY  a 40 hour week while paying off my student loans. Dear God, as much as people say lawyers are expensive, sure seems I have a ton of expenses....

But yeah, it's total bullshit, this application. I'm an attorney and it took me a while... [sigh]. Whoever makes these: I don't know whether to feel enraged at them or sorry for them.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 05:23:57 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #9811 on: May 24, 2012, 05:22:35 pm »

Page number.

PAGE NUMBER
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: May 24, 2012, 05:23:58 pm »

Page number.

PAGE NUMBER
It's just a number, man.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: May 24, 2012, 05:24:20 pm »

200?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: May 24, 2012, 05:24:39 pm »

Page number.

PAGE NUMBER
Only if you're on the default post-per-page setting.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: May 24, 2012, 05:40:32 pm »

Besides, the evil number is actually 616 iirc
It's FEF, not FEOF

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9816 on: May 24, 2012, 05:41:43 pm »

Page number.

PAGE NUMBER
To me, it's 400.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: May 24, 2012, 05:43:40 pm »

Besides, the evil number is actually 616 iirc
It's disputed. Both numbers can be found in the earliest versions of Revelation availiable, but the earliest written copies are long lost.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #9818 on: May 24, 2012, 07:04:26 pm »

Page number.

PAGE NUMBER
To me, it's 400.

But for me, it was Tuesday.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: May 24, 2012, 07:47:04 pm »

I started talking about a game that I bought, and we hopped topics to a dream my mom had in our old house. She dreamed that there was an extra room in the basement, and she had this dream often.

We don't often talk about our old house for lots of reasons. I saw an old lady in the corner of my eye every time I was in the basement. My sister's friend saw it too at my sister's party, and made one hell of a scream. Cold pockets all over the basement, even in summer and far from any vents. At night a shadowy figure descended from the ceiling and stood at the base of my bed staring at me, and this happened often enough that I refused to sleep without the light on in fear of waking up with the figure standing next to me. Once we moved out I went on without the lights without an issue. Lastly, my sister complained about her bed being shaken at night by a girl.

So when my mom brought up the dream it donned on me and my dad, there actually was enough room for another room. The bathroom was always small, and the bedroom next to it had a good 4 foot gap before it opened up. We mapped out the rooms on a piece of paper from what we remembered and there it was. If there could have been an extra room it would have been there. That is one scary coincidence for one hell of a scary house.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: May 24, 2012, 07:48:26 pm »

Well, that's terrifying.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: May 24, 2012, 07:51:18 pm »

I started talking about a game that I bought, and we hopped topics to a dream my mom had in our old house. She dreamed that there was an extra room in the basement, and she had this dream often.

We don't often talk about our old house for lots of reasons. I saw an old lady in the corner of my eye every time I was in the basement. My sister's friend saw it too at my sister's party, and made one hell of a scream. Cold pockets all over the basement, even in summer and far from any vents. At night a shadowy figure descended from the ceiling and stood at the base of my bed staring at me, and this happened often enough that I refused to sleep without the light on in fear of waking up with the figure standing next to me. Once we moved out I went on without the lights without an issue. Lastly, my sister complained about her bed being shaken at night by a girl.

So when my mom brought up the dream it donned on me and my dad, there actually was enough room for another room. The bathroom was always small, and the bedroom next to it had a good 4 foot gap before it opened up. We mapped out the rooms on a piece of paper from what we remembered and there it was. If there could have been an extra room it would have been there. That is one scary coincidence for one hell of a scary house.
You know what you must do. Get in there, man! Skeletons in the walls go with treasure!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: May 24, 2012, 08:02:36 pm »

Thar be ghost booty in them thar walls.

Git to diggin', laddie.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: May 24, 2012, 08:04:17 pm »

I am a terrible coward, but I wish I could examine such a house that I might discover if ghosts are real. I suspect not, as movement of any sort is odd behaviour for the deceased, but I would like to be quite sure.

Thar be ghost booty in them thar walls.

Git to diggin', laddie.
Who wants ghost booty? I certainly do not.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: May 24, 2012, 08:10:30 pm »

How old was the house? Leftover space like that isn't terrible uncommon. Sometimes, with renovations, and especially in basements, construction will block an area off and people will just shrug. We found a smaller one when we redid my parents old basement and, to echo the people above, it was in fact full of money. A big sack of old coins from the 50s and 60s. So conceivably worth checking out.

Don't know if we had ghosts or shit, I got hypnagogia, so I'd never be able to tell the difference anyway. The few times I did freak out enough to bother thinking it was anything more, it turned out to be rats/eels/crabs in the walls/basement gutters (in that order).
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 11040