Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6419 6420 [6421] 6422 6423 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453676 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #96300 on: February 13, 2016, 01:53:07 am »

Sounds exactly like my geology course a few months ago. Best of luck. :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96301 on: February 13, 2016, 02:05:03 am »

The problem has more to do with things like tests being entirely material not gone over in class, not assigning any homework or reading material, then using exams as "Makeup", not telling people what format he wants stuff in, and giving everybody Bs regardless of their performance.
How is this not a legal issue
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #96302 on: February 13, 2016, 02:06:21 am »

The problem has more to do with things like tests being entirely material not gone over in class, not assigning any homework or reading material, then using exams as "Makeup", not telling people what format he wants stuff in, and giving everybody Bs regardless of their performance.
This is something I ask myself every single day.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #96303 on: February 13, 2016, 02:08:28 am »

Fortunately, I'm not actually taking the class, it's only a good thirty percent of my nebulous friendgroup does. I'm not sure as to the legal-shenanigan level of things, but at least one person is taking it to the Dean.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96304 on: February 13, 2016, 02:18:52 am »

Honestly I'd be taking something like that straight to the MOE
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #96305 on: February 13, 2016, 02:20:28 am »

I'd take it to way too many people, but I'm not really the person to talk to here; I am neither a lawyer nor am I someone who knows about the schooling system of anywhere
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96306 on: February 13, 2016, 04:00:13 am »

Watching medical curiosity videos when I discovered a new boundary on my squick tolerance. It wasn't a bigger operation or a stranger case, it was... 60fps. Somehow the added smoothness of motion just makes it really disgusting, and I have a pretty high tolerance for grossness.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #96307 on: February 13, 2016, 04:03:48 am »

Some asshole stole the lightbulbs (out of the overhead ceiling light sockets) out of the women's bathrooms at work recently. For the second time. Someone also stole the urinal covers in the men's room a couple weeks ago. Twice, as well.
Apparently we have to nail everything down or weld it in place if we expect to keep it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96308 on: February 13, 2016, 04:08:26 am »

Urinal... covers? Those are a thing?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #96309 on: February 13, 2016, 04:16:23 am »

I'm really not sure what they're called. Its like a plastic mesh thing that sits in the urinal, covering the drain. I guess its there to keep solids out?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96310 on: February 13, 2016, 04:18:04 am »

Urinal Screen/Mat.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96311 on: February 13, 2016, 04:18:29 am »

... There's somebody that wants those? Used, from a public restroom? What on God's green Earth are they doing with them???

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96312 on: February 13, 2016, 04:35:27 am »

I'm really not sure what they're called. Its like a plastic mesh thing that sits in the urinal, covering the drain. I guess its there to keep solids out?
Oh, drain covers?

Those aren't a part of the urinal itself? Are your drains literally just holes?

... There's somebody that wants those? Used, from a public restroom? What on God's green Earth are they doing with them???
Maybe they also have urinals and can't afford covers?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #96313 on: February 13, 2016, 05:15:40 am »

Exactly. A well-trained chemist, who has access to a college-level chem lab? He can make pretty much whatever the hell he wants. Drugs? Easy. IIRC, there was someone who synthesized DNA in a college lab.
That's not really that *hard*, especially depending on what do you use as a starting point. Hell, if you have the building blocks ready (which are commercially available and common) plus a bunch of additional standard reagents for blocking/unblocking and oxidation, you can just pour them into little containers in a specialized machine which has the procedure to synthesize it automated.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96314 on: February 13, 2016, 05:19:25 am »

'cos he's everyone's favourite teacher.
We had one, it was awesome.
Until some kids entered uni and found their senior chemistry prerequisite was Not adequate preparation.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 6419 6420 [6421] 6422 6423 ... 11040