Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6397 6398 [6399] 6400 6401 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433377 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95970 on: February 09, 2016, 12:59:03 pm »

Oh dear, I seem to be afflicted by one of those "crush" things you guys often talk about.
I haven't had one of these in... well, honestly probably about a year ago, but that was a fairly minor one. Before that I hadn't had one for years. Now I'm lying awake at around 4 AM with my chest tight and my brain chasing itself in panicky-yet-gleeful circles over someone I've spoken to once, briefly.
At least we actually had some things in common, so perhaps it's somewhat understandable. Still, she was cool enough that her coolness managed to break through the pleasant, alcoholic haze I had going on at the time, sobered me up and replaced the confidence I'd been savouring with my usual crippling shyness.

I feel like a mech pilot whose invulnerable armour has just been breached by some form of laser attack the likes of which he had no idea existed. Hopefully it's not like that one Voltron book I read years ago, because that would make me some weird looking green dude (and fill my story with absurd plotholes).

Hopefully I see her again, preferably this Saturday, so I can try (and most likely fail) to summon the courage to invite her to accompany me for a feast of FREE TACOS the following day. But I doubt that will work out. :-X
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95971 on: February 09, 2016, 01:00:03 pm »

Good luck, Yoink!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95972 on: February 09, 2016, 01:19:04 pm »

Good luck, Yoink!
Thanks. I'd need a lot of it for even the smallest part of my hopes for the situation to remain un-crushed, haha.
I'm mainly just glad I have this place to ramble on about such things. No way could I have spoken about that to anyone in person.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95973 on: February 09, 2016, 01:50:33 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/09/europe/germany-train-collision/

Ten people are dead, 17 are critically injured and one person is missing after a head-on collision between two trains in Germany's southern state of Bavaria, police said Tuesday.

The weird thing is that there were safety features that should have prevented it:

Authorities say the railway was equipped with an automatic braking system that would stop trains from running on a track where they were not supposed to be.

The safety system was implemented across the country's railways after a 2011 crash in the town of Oschersleben, in eastern Germany, in which 10 people were killed, said Dobrindt.

Both trains in Tuesday's crash had both a driver and a driver instructor on board, said Schreyer. It would be extremely unlikely for both the driver and driver instructor on a train to miss a red signal -- and then for the automatic braking system not to kick in, he said.

"We assume that those signals were green, but we don't know yet," he said.

Christian Schreyer, board chairman for Transdev, told CNN that it was baffling that the crash could have occurred.

"We really have no clue how this could happen," he said.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95974 on: February 09, 2016, 02:25:10 pm »

Donald Trumps price tag on the wall of his and an actual description of the blocks that would make up the wall.

The whole thing was already a wtf, it just got more wtfy.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #95975 on: February 09, 2016, 02:41:43 pm »

Some men just want to watch the world burn

Saw it this morning and found it amusing.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #95976 on: February 09, 2016, 02:58:52 pm »

From what I hear, bikes parked like that get impounded very often. I wouldn't recommend trying it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95977 on: February 09, 2016, 05:58:38 pm »

Heh, not surprised that at least one of those is a fixed gear.  I used to hang out with a group like that...  Protested Bush, did Critical Mass rides, and fixed up junker bikes for free.  Good times.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95978 on: February 09, 2016, 06:01:12 pm »

Cops gonna show up and every last one of those is gonna end up behind the other kind of bars
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95979 on: February 09, 2016, 06:01:51 pm »

Yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95980 on: February 09, 2016, 07:23:41 pm »

Maybe those bikes belong to the Velocipede Squad.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95981 on: February 09, 2016, 07:51:37 pm »

Some men just want to watch the world burn
Living on the edge there.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #95982 on: February 09, 2016, 07:53:45 pm »

Yeah.
And this, my friends, is how TBF got in the top 1% (I think 50th?) and joined in summer 2015.
How do you think I got to 4th most prolific poster on the forum, by making insightful and detailed commentary? You do what you have to to reach the top.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95983 on: February 09, 2016, 07:59:23 pm »

[sucks cigar] I used to be in th' top too, kid... Heh. Back 'n, what, '13? '14? Postin' up a storm... Like a kind 'n a candy store.
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #95984 on: February 09, 2016, 08:00:42 pm »

Yeah.
And this, my friends, is how TBF got in the top 1% (I think 50th?) and joined in summer 2015.
How do you think I got to 4th most prolific poster on the forum, by making insightful and detailed commentary? You do what you have to to reach the top.
no you fool

don't enable him
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 6397 6398 [6399] 6400 6401 ... 11039