Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6392 6393 [6394] 6395 6396 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433612 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95895 on: February 08, 2016, 02:49:58 pm »

The legal cutoff for abortion set by the supreme court, which seems like a reasonable standard to me, is the point at which a fetus can survive outside the womb, e.g. if born prematurely. Iirc this is around 20 weeks.

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95896 on: February 08, 2016, 02:57:44 pm »

My monitor display keeps blacking out. Pretty sure it's the graphics card, since the monitor itself doesn't show "signal lost" or anything like that. At first I thought it was some Windows dickishness, but then it did while playing Planetside 2, in the middle of a firefight(somehow managed to survive).

My phone just quit working all of a sudden as well. It cuts out in the middle of a call, refuses to make calls, and refuses to send text messages.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #95897 on: February 08, 2016, 03:00:27 pm »

Well at least we derailed the previous topic.
I was just thinking this, heh.
And before someone says that people are still free to share their emotions in the thread...  That justifies all off-topic posting ever, this isn't a discussion thread, and when I wake up to 5 new pages in an emotion thread guess what I do?

I skim right over the emotions to follow the discussion, because discussion is complicated and attention-grabbing.  That is why we have threads for it :P  There's a huge difference between commenting on people's shares, and this morass.

But it's funny following a thread of discussion and getting really into it, and then having that rogue "naked molerats, wtf?" post right in the middle of it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95898 on: February 08, 2016, 03:04:45 pm »

It is...  But we must be strong!

My monitor display keeps blacking out. Pretty sure it's the graphics card, since the monitor itself doesn't show "signal lost" or anything like that. At first I thought it was some Windows dickishness, but then it did while playing Planetside 2, in the middle of a firefight(somehow managed to survive).

My phone just quit working all of a sudden as well. It cuts out in the middle of a call, refuses to make calls, and refuses to send text messages.
I wonder if there's some sort of electrical interference effect happening?  Probably not, but that's pretty weird.

I mean, I can still reliably kill my wi-fi network specifically by moving my work laptop around nearby it, and not even closer than 5 feet.  Definitely should not be happening, particularly with a relatively new computer I would think, but clearly something wireless is happening.  (And of course the router logs no issue, and keeps broadcasting, but nothing can connect via wifi until I reset it).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #95899 on: February 08, 2016, 03:05:01 pm »

Okay, yes, the IRS doesn't care as long as my income is accurate to within 1 dollar, so I can just leave off the 3 cent W2. That only took an hour on the phone to work out, due to the call dropping at the most inconvenient times.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95900 on: February 08, 2016, 03:06:59 pm »

Those weren't pro-choicers, though. They were pro-abortionists.
Pro-choicers are pro-abortionists. Pro-choice just sounds less 'abortion is compulsory'

It was joke. Though there probably are some misanthropes or eugenicists who would be all over it.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95901 on: February 08, 2016, 03:08:43 pm »

It was joke. Though there probably are some misanthropes or eugenicists who would be all over it.
My joke sensor might be broken then :-)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95902 on: February 08, 2016, 03:14:42 pm »

Edit: speaking of drawing lines, I think I'll just drop out of this conversation. The graphic imagery is bothering me.
Then don't lookup abortion (or even fetus) images on google image search.
Seeing it is worse then imagining it...

Trust me i'm not some scumbag that wants women to constantly give birth but there are other ways to go around it dammit.
The sperm cells need 3 days to get to the egg cell.
There are prescription free pills a woman can take within those 3 days that kills the egg cell (and obviously prevents pregnancy)
Pro lifers can intercourse off because there was no fetus or impregnated cell to begin with.

The ship has sailed and the 3 day "grace" period is over? (what was she doing anyway? Raped and held hostage? Raped while she was in a coma? Wierder things happened.)
Well things will get dirty and will only get dirtier the longer you wait.

Oh and hten you have scumfucks like this.
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/killing-newborns-paper-stirs-debate-death-threats.217955/
"You could prefer that your child actually has an after-birth abortion instead of giving your child to an orphanage..."
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95903 on: February 08, 2016, 03:21:21 pm »

Edit: speaking of drawing lines, I think I'll just drop out of this conversation. The graphic imagery is bothering me.

Trust me i'm not some scumbag that wants women to constantly give birth but there are other ways to go around it dammit.
There are prescription free pills a woman can take within those 3 days that kills the egg cell (and obviously prevents pregnancy)
Pro lifers can intercourse off because there was no fetus or impregnated cell to begin with.

The ship has sailed and the 3 day "grace" period is over? (what was she doing anyway? Raped and held hostage? Raped while she was in a coma? Wierder things happened.)

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/killing-newborns-paper-stirs-debate-death-threats.217955/
"You could prefer that your child actually has an after-birth abortion instead of giving your child to an orphanage..."
Miscarriages/abortions are one thing, making analogies around killing babies with a blunt object is another. Please take the hint.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #95904 on: February 08, 2016, 03:24:25 pm »

After-birth abortion sounds and awful lot like murder, but I am in no way an expert on those things.
Also, again...
This thread.
I have to repeat myself.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95905 on: February 08, 2016, 03:25:26 pm »

I wonder if there's some sort of electrical interference effect happening?  Probably not, but that's pretty weird.

I mean, I can still reliably kill my wi-fi network specifically by moving my work laptop around nearby it, and not even closer than 5 feet.  Definitely should not be happening, particularly with a relatively new computer I would think, but clearly something wireless is happening.  (And of course the router logs no issue, and keeps broadcasting, but nothing can connect via wifi until I reset it).

For the phone, it's probably the battery. It was at 3 bars(of a 3-bar display) last night, 1 bar this morning, and beeping about Low Battery right after it disconnected a call.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95906 on: February 08, 2016, 03:36:15 pm »

I'm not going to respond to the insanity already mentioned, but in general...

A huge part of the problem is lack of access to contraceptives, and to quality sex education (beyond abstinence only and scare tactics). If you believe that you can prevent pregnancy by pulling out...

There's no way a woman can tell she's pregnant within 3 days of having sex afaik. There is reliable contraception, but not everyone knows about, has access to, or wants it.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95907 on: February 08, 2016, 03:37:28 pm »

Why do you care what folks do with their own body, broh?
Why do you feel the need to further stigmatize something that's already pretty thoroughly (and unjustly!) looked down upon by society?

I mean, like, there's a reason it's pro-choice and not pro-abortion. Gotta give people the option to do this stuff if they choose. You want less abortions, go after the societal causes instead.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:44:49 pm by SomeStupidGuy »
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95908 on: February 08, 2016, 03:46:39 pm »

God, what is it with you people lately? Transsexuality discussions in the emotion threads! Now abortion discussions in the emotion threads!

Hey, UR, GI. You guys wanna chat about Ukraine or Syria or Putin or something while we're at it? No? ...Me neither.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95909 on: February 08, 2016, 03:54:36 pm »

...I apologise. Starting right now, I don't think anyone would disagree with just changing the subject.
Pages: 1 ... 6392 6393 [6394] 6395 6396 ... 11039