Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6391 6392 [6393] 6394 6395 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433605 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95880 on: February 08, 2016, 02:04:51 pm »

My point exactly
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95881 on: February 08, 2016, 02:08:26 pm »

Well in that case, of course, if they clearly denoted that the fetus had been developing in the womb for more than 26 weeks, the pro-choicers have no business at all worrying about the message got across.
One wheel short of a wagon

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95882 on: February 08, 2016, 02:11:42 pm »

Those weren't pro-choicers, though. They were pro-abortionists.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95883 on: February 08, 2016, 02:12:52 pm »

From a quick google, I'm having a little trouble seeing the difference, but ok.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95884 on: February 08, 2016, 02:14:46 pm »

Those weren't pro-choicers, though. They were pro-abortionists.
Pro-choicers are pro-abortionists. Pro-choice just sounds less 'abortion is compulsory'

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95885 on: February 08, 2016, 02:18:24 pm »

Eh... by this logic newborn babies are not human either because in the first few months of everyone's life we are completely driven by instinct and completely not sapient.

So if we take this insane logic of "fetuses are not human" to the extreme people should be allowed to put down babies before they gain sapience (that's means a good few months after they are born) completely legally.
And if they decide to beat a baby to death with a hammer they should not be held responsible for murder because killing a baby with a hammer should be "animal cruelty" rather than murder.
Alas society is not progressive enough for that dream to come true.

Honestly tho... i get that some people don't want kids and abortion is completely acceptable in the first week or two. There are symptoms that you are pregnant dammit!
But when some decide to abort in the 6'th + month... where the fuck have you been for the past 5 months? Too high to realize you are pregnant? Afraid of your boyfriend/parents? The hell?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95886 on: February 08, 2016, 02:21:31 pm »

Sonlirain, you seem to have a way of making things hella dark :/

Also, no. I don't follow your logic. Fetuses are fetuses. Babies are babies. Fetuses cannot feel, or think. Babies can.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 02:23:54 pm by Reverie »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #95887 on: February 08, 2016, 02:29:26 pm »

The unfortunate point of that argument is that fetuses are babies. At what point does the change between them happen?

Edit: crap wording. At what point do we differentiate between a fetus and a baby?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 02:32:04 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95888 on: February 08, 2016, 02:35:22 pm »

No point can really be defined.

Taking the logic of the pro-lifers to extremes, on the other hand, and one ends up, from the claim that preventing the lives of future and potential beings is murder, at the conclusion that wearing condoms is a sin.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95889 on: February 08, 2016, 02:37:51 pm »

Not making as many babies as humanly possible would become morally unacceptable. And even then humanity would still be committing somewhere around a quadrillion potential murders per day.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95890 on: February 08, 2016, 02:38:45 pm »

The unfortunate point of that argument is that fetuses are babies. At what point does the change between them happen?

Edit: crap wording. At what point do we differentiate between a fetus and a baby?
At a point in which said fetus is little more than aggressive cell division and not at a point which can be likened to bashing a newborn's head in with a hammer. There is a distinction, but I am not a scientist or a doctor and can't make the call on where the line is drawn. :/

Edit: speaking of drawing lines, I think I'll just drop out of this conversation. The graphic imagery is bothering me.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 02:43:29 pm by Reverie »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95891 on: February 08, 2016, 02:44:47 pm »

There is a distinction, but I don't personally know where the line is.
:/
Sounds like a job for fuzzy logic! We would just have to ask a lot of people to assign fetus/baby points to various stages of evolution, then sum it together and draw a "baby/fetus" graph. Thus afterwards, you could refer to said graph to determine a point in time with, say, 90% baby and 10% fetus, and make fuzzy decisions based on that information via fuzzy logic.

It would be both democratic and technological at the same time!
._.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95892 on: February 08, 2016, 02:45:21 pm »

Well at least we derailed the previous topic.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95893 on: February 08, 2016, 02:46:16 pm »

There is a distinction, but I don't personally know where the line is.
:/
Sounds like a job for fuzzy logic! We would just have to ask a lot of people to assign fetus/baby points to various stages of evolution, then sum it together and draw a "baby/fetus" graph. Thus afterwards, you could refer to said graph to determine a point in time with, say, 90% baby and 10% fetus, and make fuzzy decisions based on that information via fuzzy logic.

It would be both democratic and technological at the same time!
That's the thing; I'm not informed enough to make that call. Not a scientist nor a doctor.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95894 on: February 08, 2016, 02:49:30 pm »

Well at least we derailed the previous topic.
I was just thinking this, heh.
And before someone says that people are still free to share their emotions in the thread...  That justifies all off-topic posting ever, this isn't a discussion thread, and when I wake up to 5 new pages in an emotion thread guess what I do?

I skim right over the emotions to follow the discussion, because discussion is complicated and attention-grabbing.  That is why we have threads for it :P  There's a huge difference between commenting on people's shares, and this morass.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 6391 6392 [6393] 6394 6395 ... 11039