Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6365 6366 [6367] 6368 6369 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453059 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95490 on: February 06, 2016, 10:03:45 am »

Mostly it just seems really tedious, even for a Magic.  But I guess blue (and black?) have always had a lot of abilities that require shuffling.  This looks it may be a common ability, though...
in current standard every deck runs at least 4 fetches, which are lands that let you search your library for other lands. so there's quite a lot of shuffling in standard right now :v

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95491 on: February 06, 2016, 11:54:48 am »

-snip-
Oh goodness, on first glance I thought that was a very well-made mask, until I couldn't find the gap between the mask and the face, and then I realized what it was... :-X

Literal facemask there.

Somehow reminded me of the Guy Fawkes one. Except plastered very well.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95492 on: February 06, 2016, 12:10:09 pm »

Some cards from Shadows over Innistrad have already been leaked

gj wizards

(sort of hope this isnt real tbh, but it doesn't seem blatantly false...)

E:

this seems like a pretty terrible idea

The pictures and link in this post are broken~
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #95493 on: February 06, 2016, 12:22:29 pm »

Probably deleted. They were fine a couple hours ago.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95494 on: February 06, 2016, 12:27:42 pm »

Probably deleted. They were fine a couple hours ago.
They're still fine.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95495 on: February 06, 2016, 12:36:29 pm »

Spoiler: what I see (click to show/hide)

They probably just look fine to you because they're still in your cache.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95496 on: February 06, 2016, 01:07:30 pm »

So I looked up what the official name for a "Slave" that exists to be doted upon in return for affection!

Companion

Typically though these were children.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #95497 on: February 06, 2016, 01:18:56 pm »

leddit link, probably with working album? idk

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95498 on: February 06, 2016, 01:19:40 pm »

Concubine?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95499 on: February 06, 2016, 01:21:26 pm »

Yeah, that works.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95500 on: February 06, 2016, 01:23:41 pm »

Yeah, it's like, if you're a slave then really the "be doted upon" is a privilege anyway.
The affection is expected to be delivered regardless.
Which is probably why it's immoral and all that.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #95501 on: February 06, 2016, 01:28:42 pm »

One of my parents (I can't remember which) once said 'Violence is the last bastion of a man under siege'
Decided to look up who said the quote and... nobody apparently. There's similar ones (violence is the last refuge of an incompetent man) but not that.
Prefer my parent's version better.
That's a good saying, though looking into it, isn't a man under siege already in a violent situation?

Not necessarily actively
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95502 on: February 06, 2016, 01:33:00 pm »

Glad this got resurrected from pages ago, 'cos I wanted to say something about violence being a thing of violent people.
Many a smart person I know are still happy to get their hands dirty if it's more effective than labrynthian thinking.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95503 on: February 06, 2016, 01:48:59 pm »

Relatedly,
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/rescued-from-boko-haram-one-girl-hankers-for-life-with-militant-husband/ar-BBp9lhd

> Almost a year after she was rescued from Boko Haram captivity by the Nigerian army, 16-year-old Zara John is still in love with one of the Islamic militants who abducted her.
> She was delighted to discover that she was pregnant with his child following a urine and blood test carried out by a doctor in the refugee camp to which she was taken after her rescue.
> "After I became a commander's wife, I had freedom. I slept anytime I wanted, I woke up anytime I wanted," she said.
> "He bought me food and clothes and gave me everything that a woman needs from a man," adding that he also gave her a mobile phone with his number plugged in and tattooed his name on her stomach to mark her as a Boko Haram wife.
> Ali assured her that the fight would soon be over and they would return to his home town of Baga where he intended his new wife to join his fishing business.
> He told her that he had abandoned his fisherman trade and joined the militant group after his father and elder brother, both fishermen like himself, were killed by Nigerian soldiers.
> In a June 2015 report based on years on research and analysis of evidence, Amnesty International said the Nigerian army was guilty of gross human rights abuse and extra judicial killing of civilians in parts of northeast Nigeria, calling for an investigation into war crimes.
> Ali was not at home when the Nigerian army stormed Bita in March 2015 and rescued Zara and scores of other women, taking them to a refugee camp in Yola in northeast Nigeria.
> Back with her family, Zara's male relatives took over control of her life again, with requests for interviews fielded by them and all of her movements monitored by her family.
> But asked her opinion, she said she would rather be with her Boko Haram husband.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95504 on: February 06, 2016, 02:30:01 pm »

Ok is there a polite way to refer to Chaff?

As in Starbound there are 100s of couches you can find...

What is a non-insulting way to refer to it that isn't Chaff but doesn't hide its superfluous variety?
Pages: 1 ... 6365 6366 [6367] 6368 6369 ... 11040