Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6361 6362 [6363] 6364 6365 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457411 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95430 on: February 05, 2016, 04:58:10 am »

Didn't seem like backdraft or firey. Very acoustic, a pleasant sort of boom, not heavy on the bass. The crackle came both times. This is a good time for illegal fireworks, now that i think of it. Don't do it roo often or theu'll find your position. Humans are actually way better at that than most animals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95431 on: February 05, 2016, 05:00:04 am »

Good grief.

You know how sometimes you're thinking of things, planning things, and then someone suggests a new variation on the thing which is simultaneously exciting, daunting, convenient and inconvenient, and all of a sudden the thing becomes much harder to think about than it was before?

Yeah, that just happened. I'm pretty sure it's happened a few times today, really, but mostly without external ideas being added.

It's like I'm trying to complete a jigsaw puzzle, but all the pieces warp in shape and size depending on where all the other pieces are, and I'm not even really sure what scene I'm trying to create with them in the first place. Oh, and there's a fucking time limit before the whole thing self-destructs and burns my hands, yeah. Forgot that bit. :-X
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95432 on: February 05, 2016, 05:29:56 am »

Ok... So looked up how tough a human bite is.

Uhhh do NOT let someone seriously bite you. While the scientific "theory" is that human beings lack a strong bite the proven scientific "fact" is that humans have a pretty strong bite for our size.

Also what the heck is with well documented science with making these assertions that could easily be disproven or proven? When Aristotle did it, it was ironic...
Well at least with humans, it's kind of ethically on the edge to say to a person "okay so like, bite down on this REALLY REALLY HARD!" since it could be damaging, and... well, mouths and teeth are pretty vital
Yeah...
The hearsay explanation I got when talking about humans biting humans was that we generally lack the capability to get through the epidermis(skin layer) through direct force and the build to do so without teeth getting ripped out.

Probably true if a person is pulling away. I do know my teeth are capable of cracking bone that's been cooked. Not sure if cooking weakens the bone.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #95433 on: February 05, 2016, 06:02:18 am »

I read that the human finger is about as hard to bite through as a carrot.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95434 on: February 05, 2016, 06:05:10 am »

Snow, and school ISN'T delaying?
Huh?
What's supposed to happen then if they aren't doing anything about it?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95435 on: February 05, 2016, 06:07:04 am »

Only one way to find out.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95436 on: February 05, 2016, 06:07:34 am »

I'm doing some writing. One of my characters is having to react to several unusual things in a row. I couldn't think of more than one reaction so I copy-pasted it twice.
I'm starting to think that "unique" writing style people say I have is less good than it might actually be.
Just add some more stilted analysis of the situation. Congratulations, you're now Frank Herbert.

dune fans please don't manipulate me to my demise
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #95437 on: February 05, 2016, 06:10:05 am »

Probably true if a person is pulling away. I do know my teeth are capable of cracking bone that's been cooked. Not sure if cooking weakens the bone.

It does, as far as I know.

If you hit a joint, probably. Not convinced on the bone.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95438 on: February 05, 2016, 06:10:55 am »

* Yoink hits a joint.

* Yoink exhales after a moment.

...Wait, what?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95439 on: February 05, 2016, 06:16:05 am »

In all fairness few animals can bite through big hard bones... and the ones that can are specialized to do so or are huge.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95440 on: February 05, 2016, 06:59:08 am »

Well, there are cases of people biting of the fingers of others, but I agree that you'll need to bite a joint (not the marijuana one) to be able accomplish that.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95441 on: February 05, 2016, 07:58:39 am »

Only one way to find out.

Hahaha. I'm losing a day of work because of the snow. It's wet, it's slushy, and I nearly slipped more than once. My mother refuses to drive me. She took one look at the traffic on Sunrise Highway and turned right back around.

I called work to tell them this, and my manager starts giving me attitude about how the roads weren't that bad - by the time I got back home from the attempt to go to work, many looked like they needed to a plowing when on the way out they didn't - and that other coworkers in my area were already there. This is the same guy who, yesterday, tried to shift blame of forgetting someone's requested day off onto the girl who requested off, even though she did everything right. Asshole.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, schools in my area are closed.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:06:09 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95442 on: February 05, 2016, 09:01:10 am »

It was always strange to me how it is with Americans and snow. Snow days off here? Perhaps in Yakutia, but beyond that, nah.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #95443 on: February 05, 2016, 09:02:49 am »

We get snow an inch deep and people go crazy. Transport ceases, and those that do drive do it so very, mind numbingly slowly.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95444 on: February 05, 2016, 09:30:05 am »

Spoiler: Have mercy (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 6361 6362 [6363] 6364 6365 ... 11040