Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6360 6361 [6362] 6363 6364 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458686 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95415 on: February 05, 2016, 12:15:12 am »

One on my friends(?) invited me to a protest at his school because he was asked to remove a rainbow cape while helping at a large event (I heard the event had people from across the country in attendance. He had been allowed to wear the cape at smaller events.)
People are holding a protest because apparently asking someone to remove a cape is homophobic?

Luckily I'm busy, so I have an excuse to not attend.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95416 on: February 05, 2016, 12:17:34 am »

Did they give a reason for him not to wear a cape?

A little strange, still.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95417 on: February 05, 2016, 12:24:00 am »

Are capes acceptable fashion though?
You should wear a black cape and see if they ask you to remove it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #95418 on: February 05, 2016, 12:28:35 am »

Are capes acceptable fashion though?
You should wear a black cape and see if they ask you to remove it.
Well, he was walking in a procession with the student union president to begin a tournament.
He wears the cape quite often at the school, so I assume they just wanted it off for the ceremony.

Anyways, I don't even go to the school, so it might be hard to wear a cape there.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95419 on: February 05, 2016, 01:18:15 am »

Ok... So looked up how tough a human bite is.

Uhhh do NOT let someone seriously bite you. While the scientific "theory" is that human beings lack a strong bite the proven scientific "fact" is that humans have a pretty strong bite for our size.

Also what the heck is with well documented science with making these assertions that could easily be disproven or proven? When Aristotle did it, it was ironic...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95420 on: February 05, 2016, 01:21:29 am »

Well at least with humans, it's kind of ethically on the edge to say to a person "okay so like, bite down on this REALLY REALLY HARD!" since it could be damaging, and... well, mouths and teeth are pretty vital
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #95421 on: February 05, 2016, 01:25:02 am »

Don't forget humans are megafauna, we are larger than most all creatures on all this planet, even more so if you exclude cheating sea creatures that have their weight supported by the ocean. Tools and brains help when you already have brawn.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95422 on: February 05, 2016, 01:36:09 am »

You forgot the oliphaunts, but they'll be extinct in a (human) generation or two anyways.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95423 on: February 05, 2016, 02:00:40 am »

Listening to country music gives me a sudden urge to smoke cigarettes. WTF? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95424 on: February 05, 2016, 02:02:51 am »

It's because cigarette ads always used to have country music in the background
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95425 on: February 05, 2016, 02:05:33 am »

Ok... So looked up how tough a human bite is.

Uhhh do NOT let someone seriously bite you. While the scientific "theory" is that human beings lack a strong bite the proven scientific "fact" is that humans have a pretty strong bite for our size.

Also what the heck is with well documented science with making these assertions that could easily be disproven or proven? When Aristotle did it, it was ironic...
Well at least with humans, it's kind of ethically on the edge to say to a person "okay so like, bite down on this REALLY REALLY HARD!" since it could be damaging, and... well, mouths and teeth are pretty vital
Yeah...
The hearsay explanation I got when talking about humans biting humans was that we generally lack the capability to get through the epidermis(skin layer) through direct force and the build to do so without teeth getting ripped out.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95426 on: February 05, 2016, 02:07:04 am »

I don't think I've ever even seen a cigarette ad.
It also makes me want to wear a flannel shirt, so perhaps the cigarette part is just to complete the look.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95427 on: February 05, 2016, 02:17:30 am »

The guy that does good storytimes of his time DMing tabletop games also did game reviews, and here he explains an especially absurd quest in Ultima 7
https://youtu.be/7mRb36-uMrc?t=989
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #95428 on: February 05, 2016, 04:37:48 am »

I just heard... quite an explosion. The crackle suggests fireworks... in February, in a city where such fireworks are illegal? Not a gunshot, certainly; yes, there's gang activity, but guns don't make ringing explosions with a crackle after, mostly. Since it was fairly loud the crackling could've been debris; if so, it probably came from across the street; there's construction there. But at 1:30 at night? Probably an accident. Nobody is working (i checked when i realized someone may need help), so it's seriously unlikely anyone's hurt. Weird, though.

EDIT: another, same as the first. How rude, it seems intentional. It's the middle of the night... explosions are loud... i'm not a light sleeper, but many are
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:47:10 am by Putnam »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #95429 on: February 05, 2016, 04:52:55 am »

I don't think I've ever even seen a cigarette ad.
It also makes me want to wear a flannel shirt, so perhaps the cigarette part is just to complete the look.
Dat acoustic brain wave product placement

I just heard... quite an explosion. The crackle suggests fireworks... in February, in a city where such fireworks are illegal? Not a gunshot, certainly; yes, there's gang activity, but guns don't make ringing explosions with a crackle after, mostly. Since it was fairly loud the crackling could've been debris; if so, it probably came from across the street; there's construction there. But at 1:30 at night? Probably an accident. Nobody is working (i checked when i realized someone may need help), so it's seriously unlikely anyone's hurt. Weird, though.
EDIT: another, same as the first. How rude, it seems intentional. It's the middle of the night... explosions are loud... i'm not a light sleeper, but many are
Explosions is not a normal occurrence, maybe there is a fire somewhere?
Pages: 1 ... 6360 6361 [6362] 6363 6364 ... 11040