Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6352 6353 [6354] 6355 6356 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457441 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95295 on: February 04, 2016, 03:06:23 am »

That would be like loaning the sun plasma.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95296 on: February 04, 2016, 03:25:28 am »

Sometimes, how you think about things creates how important what the output is.
So...why should you be 'fix'ed? You aren't broken. This is something better taken up with a Guidance Counselor (since I bet you've got one in your school :P) than the internets, since the discourse is faster in person (you can give examples there in the span of minutes, to give more context to your ideas, than the days it may take over here--no matter how awesome the forum background is [unless the reply is insightful in turn])

And sometimes, you've to assess yourself too, to get answers about yourself. (eg "Where did you learn your first instinct of response from? When did you make a choice that really signifies 'this tells me who I am'? Why did I say that thing, where did I learn it?") Like looking in a backwards lens at how your words may appear to someone else. :O

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95297 on: February 04, 2016, 04:18:51 am »

Am I the only person with sleep phobia?

It seems that I am the only person I know of who gets a lot of fear and anxiety before sleeping and suddenly either outright can't sleep, have disturbed sleep, or absolutely refuse to sleep.

The closest is a cartoon character (Gale from Bob's Burger who describes that she is afraid of dying in her sleep)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95298 on: February 04, 2016, 04:31:01 am »

Sometimes?  Not often.
I mean here it is 4:22AM, but mainly because I think all this snot is going to keep me from sleeping well.  Which means fever-dreams.
I wouldn't call them nightmares though, usually, I could have it a lot worse.  And I think it goes better if I sleepy enough first (but not using alcohol tonight).

I can usually tell when I'm going to have actual bad dreams, and yeah sometimes I miss sleep just for that.  It's really rare though and is directly related to real world problems.

also this halo-wh40k fanfic is soooo cheesy I love it
Also I stayed up till 2AM on the DND post-game anyway, which was a lot of fun, but messed my schedule...
Bleh I better sleep now, I'll recover a lot faster if I get some.  5 fitful hours is a whole lot better than none.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #95299 on: February 04, 2016, 04:47:29 am »

Am I the only person with sleep phobia?

It seems that I am the only person I know of who gets a lot of fear and anxiety before sleeping and suddenly either outright can't sleep, have disturbed sleep, or absolutely refuse to sleep.

The closest is a cartoon character (Gale from Bob's Burger who describes that she is afraid of dying in her sleep)
Nope, I get the same thing. Sometimes I'll just know that I'm going to have nightmares or something similar and I just can't sleep, so I don't.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95300 on: February 04, 2016, 05:47:20 am »

Wow, GUI's take up so much code space. Like, it's amazing.

I didn't think an interactive character sheep for Pathfinder would be my longest piece of code yet but wow.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95301 on: February 04, 2016, 05:50:12 am »

Which is why early computers didn't have them.

Actually, I wonder if it's possible to make floppy disks with high storage capacity.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #95302 on: February 04, 2016, 05:53:42 am »

yeah, they were called zip disks, and nobody used them ever.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95303 on: February 04, 2016, 06:20:07 am »

Tape drives would be the closest you'd get, I think. But that's not a disk.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95304 on: February 04, 2016, 06:57:48 am »

I used to think my sleep schedule was messed up. Then last night I slept from 7-11 and then from 4-6. Why did it sit up? Who knows? At least it was more total hours.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #95305 on: February 04, 2016, 07:16:59 am »

I watched a bunch of peers making a short film, in costume. Every actor wore a wig...of nearly the exact same colour and style they normally have. Talk about getting into character.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95307 on: February 04, 2016, 08:00:01 am »

I keep finding out about web browser features by accident. Did you know that (in Firefox anyway) if you click the little speaker icon that shows that a tab is playing sound, it mutes that tab and only that tab?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95308 on: February 04, 2016, 08:07:17 am »

I keep finding out about web browser features by accident. Did you know that (in Firefox anyway) if you click the little speaker icon that shows that a tab is playing sound, it mutes that tab and only that tab?
Wow, I mean... That's actually kinda handy. Huh.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95309 on: February 04, 2016, 08:38:26 am »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 6352 6353 [6354] 6355 6356 ... 11040