Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6351 6352 [6353] 6354 6355 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457707 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95280 on: February 03, 2016, 10:50:24 pm »

Don't worry, having good judgement is a myth made up by adults who don't want to admit they're actually just making things up as they go along.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95281 on: February 03, 2016, 10:51:41 pm »

Hay Caroline, am I awesome?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95282 on: February 03, 2016, 11:01:38 pm »

Thinking that your self is unusually horrible is a thing that most people think, because most people think they are special.
In the end, it's massively statistically likely that you are a perfectly normal, average person, which makes you neither good nor bad, because there's nothing to compare to.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95283 on: February 03, 2016, 11:02:10 pm »

Because I really worry about hurting someone or saying something hurtful and stupid [I try to be as nice as possible, even though it is hard]

People seem to take my outward actions as signifying I'm a good person, but I don't really think I am.

I think you can take your worry about hurting people as evidence that at heart, you are a good person. You care about how other people feel, and you try not to hurt them, and even feel bad when you think you have. You may not be successful all the time, but that doesn't make you a bad person, it just makes you imperfect, something you have in common with every other person on the planet (some of whom believe that they ARE perfect, and don't care about others' feelings at all).

(poke me if you want the quote deleted)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95284 on: February 03, 2016, 11:21:48 pm »

Believing you are perfect strikes me as one of the larger possible flaws, actually.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95285 on: February 03, 2016, 11:53:19 pm »

It's always either Europol or forum games.

...I kind of want to make a Europol forum game.
I want a 19th-century Europol forum thread so my Prussia thing will be relevant

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #95286 on: February 04, 2016, 12:06:34 am »

My Steam Stats just recorded my maximum download speed as 3,352,169,472 GB/s. 3.3 Exabites. What the fuck.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95287 on: February 04, 2016, 12:08:37 am »

Dude, give me the name of your Internet provider.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95288 on: February 04, 2016, 12:09:25 am »

How many internets is that per second?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95289 on: February 04, 2016, 12:11:35 am »

All of the internets.

All of them.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #95290 on: February 04, 2016, 12:12:04 am »

It's about one internet every six minutes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95291 on: February 04, 2016, 12:12:19 am »

How many internets is that per second?
Uh...all of them, I think.

EDIT: Damn ninja kids.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #95292 on: February 04, 2016, 12:39:51 am »

Related to the fandom ruining fandom discussion, I've recently come to the thought that I'm surprised I'm not, like, the BIGGEST ASSHOLE ever.

Like honestly. A lot of people who share what I consider fairly decently core aspects of my being, or which are decent descriptors of me as a person (atheism, science enthused, STEM field, humanist, gamer, geek, young white male in the American sphere of influence) are like... Raging assholes. Libertarians (of the kooky variety) and GamerGaters, MRAs and anti-feminism. Just, giant raging cocks. People I have a notable dislike of!

And I honestly don't know how I lucked out. Only thing I can think of is the homosexuality, and even that's kind of a nebulous cloud of "eh?" Besides that, there's the thought process that the places I hang out on the internet helped with that, (namely, you guys. Bay12 was fairly formative to me and my opinions. Until you all turned into assholes and Russians <3) but then the question is, why did I come to bay12 and not, like... Reddit, or 4chan, or SomethingAwful, or any other wretched hive of scum and villainy? (well, I know the answer to that last one: I'm a cheap fucker.)

That's literally all I got. You guys and my love of cock and/or butts are literally the only reasons I can think of that prevented me from becoming a STEMlord. (that is a delightful portmanteau of STEM and shitlord.)

... It's kind of a disturbing thought.

Also this forum uses superior forum software to Reddit and 4Chan and so forth. You can actually carry on a conversation here without all the posts being shuffled out of order and the op hidden where it can't be found.

(Also, your post seems a little ambiguous. Are you opposed to or in favor of giant raging cocks? :P)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95293 on: February 04, 2016, 01:40:48 am »

I have, have had, and will have an opinion on giant raging cocks. My opinion on penii has been what it will is be. It is the same as it was, and will not change!

I'm practicing to be a politician, how am I doin'?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95294 on: February 04, 2016, 02:10:12 am »

How about we give America a small loan of a million giant raging cocks
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6351 6352 [6353] 6354 6355 ... 11040