Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6308 6309 [6310] 6311 6312 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14439827 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #94635 on: January 27, 2016, 03:39:28 pm »

Oh, that's a relief.
Well, now it's time to eat pasta, drink beer and watch cruddy martial arts films! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94636 on: January 27, 2016, 04:02:36 pm »

Beer that early might be a problem.  At least pace yourself.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94637 on: January 27, 2016, 04:08:28 pm »

Buying a plane ticket for my dad. The amount of shit they try to tack on is freaking mind boggling. But, since it's a short flight I wanted to go for the cheapest option which is basically just the seat on the plane. But, as it turns out, taking the cheapest options means you can't pay via debit/credit card. So you need to pick the 'normal' option which gives you 100 boomerang points, whatever the fuck those are and a free digital magazine of your choice. It also costs 10 more euros.

What the actual fuck
So do they expect you to buy the cheapest one at the airport, or by paypal only, or what? Not sure how that even works.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #94638 on: January 27, 2016, 04:22:41 pm »

(Images)

HOLY FKING SHIT I WANT ONE!
There are no known six-limbed vertebrates. The wings are too small to fly and aren't placed anywhere where any other animal, vertebrate or invertebrate, has them. If those images aren't fake, the dragons they depict certainly aren't products of natural evolution. Possibly a taxidermist's prank?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #94639 on: January 27, 2016, 04:24:21 pm »

Possibly a taxidermist's prank?
I wonder if Chuck Testa is still a thing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94640 on: January 27, 2016, 04:26:25 pm »

I assumed they were just cool image-manip art, yeah, though I can see how people would believe they're real...
Genetics is not at that point yet, friends.  We can't even make dinosaurs (inb4 "birds are dinosaurs")

Personally I think wizard minis are cooler than dragon minis.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #94641 on: January 27, 2016, 04:29:04 pm »

We can't even make dinosaurs (inb4 "birds are dinosaurs")
BIRDS ARE DINOSAURS
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #94642 on: January 27, 2016, 04:33:46 pm »

And so are crocodiles. Tyrannosaurus is strong with this one.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94643 on: January 27, 2016, 04:39:20 pm »

This cherry-flavored Starburst tastes like medicine.  I don't get it.  The rest of them are fine.

Have you ever tried black cherry juice? I did a year or two ago and my reaction was basically "Oh god, it tastes just like cough syrup! Bleugh!"

Aside: The last time I tasted cough syrup was probably in the 80s.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94644 on: January 27, 2016, 05:14:21 pm »

I just watched a movie called Hero, or 'Ma Yong Zhen', from 1997.
For most of the film I was thinking "Okay, this is pretty dreadful, even by cheesy martial arts-film standards," but then the climatic battle...
Oh man, that scene was one of the most gloriously retarded things I have ever seen. It pushed the movie over the line from "Just plain bad" to "Amazingly terrible". I definitely recommend it... if you feel like watching a really bad film.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94645 on: January 27, 2016, 05:40:31 pm »

"Thou shalt not lie with a machine as with a human; it is an abomination."
–The Holy Bible

Where exactly does it say that? Because I, and at least one other person on this forum have been force-fed that book and I don't recall it saying that. That means those large, motorized machines capable of thrusting a dildo at over 160rpm are NOT sacrilegious. Probably unsafe especially if you don't lube, but not sacrilegious.

And so are crocodiles. Tyrannosaurus is strong with this one.

That's an alligator. The snout is too short to be a croc.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #94646 on: January 27, 2016, 05:41:23 pm »

If this were 40k, getting banged by a Sybian would be the highest form of worship out there.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #94647 on: January 27, 2016, 06:13:12 pm »

If this were 40k, getting banged by a Sybian would be the highest form of worship out there.
If this were 40k banging for pleasure would summon minor deamons.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94648 on: January 27, 2016, 06:17:54 pm »

"Thou shalt not lie with a machine as with a human; it is an abomination."
–The Holy Bible

Where exactly does it say that? Because I, and at least one other person on this forum have been force-fed that book and I don't recall it saying that. That means those large, motorized machines capable of thrusting a dildo at over 160rpm are NOT sacrilegious. Probably unsafe especially if you don't lube, but not sacrilegious.
It's a parody of, from memory "Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination."
As if a bunch of xenocidal desert wanderers had any concept of machine ethics, or the future, much less a useful perspective.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #94649 on: January 27, 2016, 06:38:08 pm »

Nope, they're real. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draco_volans

I really don't care if they can't fly. The wings are actually for gliding, so... THEY STILL LOOK COOL!
While Draco Volans is real, the previously posted pictures are not pictures of draco volans. Real draco volans look like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The "wings" are created by them having the middle part of their ribcage being extremely flattened out, not them having extra limbs on their backs (as all three of the original pictures do).
Spoiler: skeleton (click to show/hide)

Further proof: Here's a before/after editing version of one of the three original images posted:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 06:40:42 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 6308 6309 [6310] 6311 6312 ... 11040