Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6247 6248 [6249] 6250 6251 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449835 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93720 on: January 11, 2016, 11:15:42 pm »

Umbraphage was mostly my idea.

You, my friend, are the best. I LOVE Umbraphage and its ability to almost completely eliminate darkness. I actually shuffle that item from one character to another via the item vault whenever I switch characters because I don't want to go without it.

Heh, now I almost want to come off my Dark Souls binge[35 hours of play and counting since I got it a week ago] and play that again, even though all my characters are in the same relatively boring endgame segment and starting over again is even more boring.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #93721 on: January 12, 2016, 12:24:10 am »

Quote from: News
"The government says that there are benefits available for homeless sixteen and seventeen year-olds, and has recently launched an initiative to house up to twenty-one individuals."
Seems like a low bar.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93722 on: January 12, 2016, 12:33:34 am »

I think I must be quite tired. Feeling really out of it right now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #93723 on: January 12, 2016, 12:56:17 am »

Playing Dark Souls for the first time (several years late, I know), and up until now the game has been fair. Brutally hard, but never unfair. Until these godawful archers firing arrows bigger than my goddamn character that hurl you back about ten feet every hit while you're trying to cross a narrow bridge and navigate a ledge to get to them (shooting back is suicide, since there's no bows available that have the range these things do), and they catch me in a crossfire every time. The only way I've found to get past them is to abuse their AI and pathing to get one to jump to his death, something I've not had to do so far.
Time your rolling under the arrows
Use the Iron Flesh pyromancy
Use a greatshield
git gud scrub

There's ways to get through that bit.

Oh, I got past it, I just had to cheese it because I *couldn't* time my rolls (because they were out of sync once I got to the top, so there's never NOT an arrow flying at me, had to switch to light armor and move fast so that they missed), I don't have enough attunement slots to give up Great Chaos Fireball (which I use to make sure that the bat demon things can't gang up on me) for Iron Flesh, and the only greatshields I currently have are too heavy for me to use. Nowhere else in the game has that been a problem.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #93724 on: January 12, 2016, 01:27:36 am »

That cave was the first time Dark Soul's assholeishness really hit home for me. And by that I mean, the way they weaved the environment and the enemies together in a way that just said "Come at me bro, show me what you got." I thought I'd seen the worst outside of a boss fight until I hit that cave.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #93725 on: January 12, 2016, 01:39:42 am »

Yeah, it's the silver knight archers in Anor Londo - I think nenjin is thinking of Blighttown, which I didn't think was all that bad except that I'm playing the console version that has framerate issues there.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93726 on: January 12, 2016, 02:17:11 am »

Just went into a full-on trance whilst listening to an album.
It took me at least a few minutes to come back to reality and realise the tape needed flipping, and then once that was taken care of I was right back to it. I've only encountered a couple of bands that have ever managed to do that for me in the past, and then the magic only really worked when I saw them live. Right now I'm still feeling rather detached from reality.

I think this is my favourite album of all time, and I do not make such a claim lightly.
Also I have it on cassette which somehow makes it even more special.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #93727 on: January 12, 2016, 04:46:08 am »

While browsing abandonware, shareware and other forgotten DOS games, I came across a strange game called Bust Hillary 3D (I won't share it because emulation links, but it's trivially easy to find).

The premise of the game is to steal enough evidence to arrest Hillary Clinton, shooting your way through guards in a poor man's Doom engine (I have no idea what it was made with but it wasn't a major FPS engine of the time). Pressing G at any time makes your character say "Time to bust that liberal bitch and get out of here!"

Indie games were strange back in the day...
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93728 on: January 12, 2016, 04:54:57 am »

While browsing abandonware, shareware and other forgotten DOS games, I came across a strange game called Bust Hillary 3D (I won't share it because emulation links, but it's trivially easy to find).

The premise of the game is to steal enough evidence to arrest Hillary Clinton, shooting your way through guards in a poor man's Doom engine (I have no idea what it was made with but it wasn't a major FPS engine of the time). Pressing G at any time makes your character say "Time to bust that liberal bitch and get out of here!"

Indie games were strange back in the day...
From my memory of Newgrounds, I don't think that ever went away.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #93729 on: January 12, 2016, 05:12:35 am »

I'd say weird shit on Newgrounds is more underground due to sheer volume, though.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #93730 on: January 12, 2016, 05:30:02 am »

Oh shiz.
I just went on a 2 hour long binge of reading fanmade Undertale comics, I barely made it out.
Dear god, I think I'm a fanboy.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #93731 on: January 12, 2016, 05:38:04 am »

This is weird. I find myself unwilling to play online competitive games for fear of ruining it for someone else by not being good enough. Crikey, when did that happen to me?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #93732 on: January 12, 2016, 08:53:12 am »

Left side is customer service/sales skills, right side is technical skills, bottom is "other." (Where else am I supposed to put the black belts?)

You put them with your customer service skills, as how you deal with particularly troublesome customers  :P
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93733 on: January 12, 2016, 09:20:39 am »

When astrologers and palm readers need a little extra spending money, they write articles on how to format a resume and articles on interview tips.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93734 on: January 12, 2016, 09:34:11 am »

DAMN IT!!!

I hate it when trash comes up with a few good ideas.

Watching a few episodes of Ever After High as part of my "Know what people are watching" thing (next is Super Girl) and so everyone is the sons and daughters of famos storybook figures who are forced to follow in whoevers foot steps

and one girl is Pinnocio's daughter... and she is fully human... and another is the daughter of both Red Riding Hood AND the Wolf

and I actually thought that was kind of clever. One person who is forced into a role that is outright impossible for them to fulfill yet expected to anyway... and another who has two completely contradictory roles that they must fulfill both.

Mind you this is basically a Bratz show... so of course nothing good or interesting is going to happen with this set up... But if I wanted depths and fairytales I'd read Fable.

Actually I will say if the show wasn't so vapid it would actually be interesting.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:40:55 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 6247 6248 [6249] 6250 6251 ... 11040