Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468407 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #9315 on: May 15, 2012, 11:38:47 pm »

...I won a majority-vote in BattleMaster to become Lord of Vassar... After becoming Vice-Leader of the nation's army. After becoming Knight of Saffalore, the capitol of Terran. I've been playing a week. >_> My competitors have been playing for years.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

I can't believe I won with 3x more votes than my competitor, HAHAHA.

Oh god. This is too funny... And so unexpected.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: May 15, 2012, 11:44:36 pm »

All glory goes to the Darkhorse!

Hail!

Seriously though, how'd it happen?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: May 15, 2012, 11:48:12 pm »

I turn down an insurance sales job every week. It would be great if there were a base pay, but I'm not working for free.
My dad is an insurance salesman. It's not really work for free, it's a commission thing, and they pay you if the client stays on, so it stacks and grows geometrically.

Basically, it's best to join when not in a financial crisis because you'll start off not making much but in a few years you'll be making wads of cash if you're good.

Unless this company has a different policy.
I live in Michigan. People here cannot afford insurance because the job market is crap. My ex-father in law tried the insurance thing, and wound up working 80+ hours a week every week for either nothing or next to nothing.
Well, maybe it's just better to be a insurance salesman in Florida.

Sorry.
You could make a killing selling life insurance down there. :P
That was beautiful. You still deserve a swat for making it, though.  :P
* MaximumZero bows.

Hmm? Insurance Broker and Consultant from New Jersey, here. Yes, Life/Health insurance in Florida is a veritable gold-mine. Everything else has gone to hell with the economy.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: May 15, 2012, 11:51:09 pm »

Around here you usually get a base salary plus commission. I get $600.00 a week base pay, though I started off at 300 originally. Not to mention I open corporations for $650 (cheap for the region, most charge 800+), do motor vehicle services for $150 per document, translations and letters, and all sorts of other things like income tax and travel (plane+cruises).

The economy really ruined my region, but with all the variety in our services, I get by. The business is *barely* afloat, honestly. We lost 95% of our clientele when the economy started doing a backassward tailspin to hell. Its practically impossible to find jobs in my region.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: May 15, 2012, 11:53:03 pm »

All glory goes to the Darkhorse!

Hail!

Seriously though, how'd it happen?

Wait, was that question to me or someone else?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: May 16, 2012, 12:04:48 am »

Dude, you can edit your posts. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #9321 on: May 16, 2012, 12:34:30 am »

After I was emailed this piece of tripe: http://sttpp.wordpress.com/action-alerts/petition-opposing-the-homosexual-classrooms-act/ and then going deeper and reading the actual bills House - HR 998 and Senate - S 555. After reading the actual bills, and then rereading them to make sure I had understood them, I read the linked article again and had several WTF moments one after the other. All of them essentially distill down to the following questions:
* Did the author not read the same thing I read?
* IF so then does the author think the public is too stupid to go read them for themselves?

Oh, and links to the bills
HR 998 - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr998/text
S 555 - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/s555/text

It really shouldn't surprise me that fearmongering is as prevalent as it is on both sides, but little if anything in the article is truthful. WTF??????????????????????
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: May 16, 2012, 01:15:36 am »

They're probably expecting everyone to go tl;dr and go with whatever anyone tells them. Guess that's the sad truth these days...
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #9323 on: May 16, 2012, 02:11:06 am »

I had to fight myself all the time while reading through them to not tl;dr the paragraphs. It was difficult, but I knew that there would not necessarily be an adequate tl;dr message at the end of each section and so succeeded in not doing so. Legalese is difficult to parse, intentionally so I think, which just made it even more difficult despite them both being rather short bills compared to what I have read through in the past.

I really don't understand the points of the article I linked to. If you go down to the four triple asterisk'd (***) parts and compare them to the actual documents you will see that there is no actual correlation and it just looks stupid and completely made up on the spot.

This kind of stupid authoring of political articles is why I try to read through the actual cited bills. I am still not sure about the legitimacy of all of the statements made below the *** parts but if the bottom half was researched the same as the top half then I am willing to call it a complete fabrication.
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: May 16, 2012, 02:43:04 am »

Woke up this morning to find my legs covered in bug bites. So much itching D:
Changed out sheets and blankets, hoping that eventually I'll be able to get some sleep without worrying about more bites.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #9325 on: May 16, 2012, 03:38:14 am »

I hope for your sake that you do not have bedbugs. Did you recently get a new mattress by chance? Or has anyone in your household gotten a new mattress? or gotten a used piece of furniture at a yard sale or someplace?

Bedbugs are evil little creatures and are nearly impossible to get rid of short of fire. Or by doing something slightly more reasonable by moving and abandoning just about everything that you own inside the house. Both are unreasonable options, but they are just about the only way to nearly guarantee that you won't continue to have bedbugs. *shudders at the thought*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: May 16, 2012, 03:40:49 am »

Not unless bedbugs can spontaneously appear, no. I've had this bed for years, and its a waterbed in any case (nowhere for bedbugs to hide). The most recent new furniture we've gotten is a new couch, but that's been here for a few weeks now and no one else is reporting bites.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: May 16, 2012, 03:45:10 am »

Have a cat or a dog? Fleas can do that, too.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #9328 on: May 16, 2012, 03:49:53 am »

Ah, yes, I forgot about the more reasonable answer of fleas. Good show Siquo, good show.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: May 16, 2012, 03:51:13 am »

We do have a dog, but he recently got a flea and tick treatment and haircut. Besides, don't fleas tend to burrow in or something? These are more like mosquito or spider bites.

Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 11037