Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6207 6208 [6209] 6210 6211 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441659 times)

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93120 on: January 04, 2016, 01:34:00 am »

One of the family cats who has more-or-less self tamed in the past year has gotten calm enough to join people on their beds. Sadly, he also does not appear to understand the term "personal space" which is bad for two reasons.

First, he is rather grabby. As in, "you scratch me so I must preform industrial-scale acupuncture on you".
 Second, he has some form of illness or something that causes him to drool a fair amount (noone seems to know what it is and we cant ask the local vet because they want to kill him off for some reason, and no reliable access to vehicles to ask other vets) And as my mother is A) a christian scientist and B) rather cheap, aswell as being the only person who will drive about who has time to drive about, oh, and quite possibly insane to a degree... well, vehicular access is unlikley to increase for a while...

That is because drooling and personality changes are two signs of rabies.
http://m.petmd.com/cat/conditions/neurological/c_ct_rabies

The drooling is caused by the paralytic form. He/she cant hold tbeir moth shut anymore, so they drool. Get it to a cet, and ask a doctor if scratches count as exposure. NOW.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 01:37:47 am by SimRobert2001 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93121 on: January 04, 2016, 01:47:43 am »

Phobia of water is also a common symptom as I understand it. This cat has been going on for "the past year" which is a long time for an animal that is constantly dehydrated because its drooling everywhere and afraid to drink anything. It is also apparently lovable as hell, which implies its not insane and trying to murder anything that looks at it.

My bet would be an infection in its gums/jaw resulting in the drooling. That's pretty common for cats, and what prompted us to have Petri put down recently.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93122 on: January 04, 2016, 01:51:49 am »

Phobia of water is also a common symptom as I understand it. This cat has been going on for "the past year" which is a long time for an animal that is constantly dehydrated because its drooling everywhere and afraid to drink anything. It is also apparently lovable as hell, which implies its not insane and trying to murder anything that looks at it.

My bet would be an infection in its gums/jaw resulting in the drooling. That's pretty common for cats, and what prompted us to have Petri put down recently.

Phobia of water is also a symptom in humans. That symptom may be why he is dehydrated. Insanity is only one set of symptoms. You cat seems to have the other set.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93123 on: January 04, 2016, 01:55:03 am »

Nah, its not rabies. They wanted to kill him about a year ago when we got him neutered.

Also, the affected area is more of left nostril/eye.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93124 on: January 04, 2016, 02:07:56 am »

The fear of water is because rabies causes throat swelling that makes drinking both painful and a choking risk.

I'd ponder if they wanted to kill him because of rabies, but no vet worth their salt would ever allow someone to take back a clearly rabid animal, so it's probably not rabies.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #93125 on: January 04, 2016, 02:21:09 am »

Been playing Mugen Souls on steam; there is something very much WTF'y and hilarious at the same time about a game where your main character's plan for dealing with anything is to seduce whatever is causing her the problem until it stops.
Annoying hero or villain in the road? Seduce them!
Not have enough money for the ferry? Seduce the continent and order it to move and connect with the other one.
Force field in the road? Seduce it!

It's hilarious, but yeah, very much a WTF. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #93126 on: January 04, 2016, 02:35:56 am »

Why's that a WTF? If I could literally seduce continents I'd be seducing everything I could see.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93128 on: January 04, 2016, 02:46:24 am »

And this is why we aren't allowed to have amazing powers of seduction.

...I would totes seduce all the things too. Just because.

What the flying shit!?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #93129 on: January 04, 2016, 02:51:15 am »

Armed civilians take over a federal building in Oregon.

Oh boy.
First line "Armed anti-government protesters have taken over a building" (emphasis mine)

Link partway through article:  "OPINION: Face it, the Oregon building takeover is terrorism."

CNN: saying the things CNN wouldn't dare to say.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #93130 on: January 04, 2016, 03:02:40 am »

It's already the topic of the American politics thread. We don't have to spread it to every single thread on the forum.
Love, scriver~

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #93131 on: January 04, 2016, 03:07:08 am »

okay for some idiotic reason I started trying to figure out a gameplay theme for an undertale mod I'm never making

anyway here's me trying to figure out a gameplay theme for an undertale mod i'm never making

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93132 on: January 04, 2016, 04:01:14 am »

It's already the topic of the American politics thread. We don't have to spread it to every single thread on the forum.
I can't even see the American politics thread in GD, though.
Oh well, not much to say about the topic except "it's pretty cool" anyway. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93133 on: January 04, 2016, 04:08:54 am »

You should call up some local delivery service, have someone speed around to all those places and bring food to your house.
Or you could just order a pizza delivered to the cafe and then walk over there, picking up some KFC on the way for a feast.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #93134 on: January 04, 2016, 04:24:08 am »

Throat swelling

Why

Last time this happened i had just learned i was allergic to walnuts, but definitely no walnuts today
Pages: 1 ... 6207 6208 [6209] 6210 6211 ... 11040