Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6205 6206 [6207] 6208 6209 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443272 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93090 on: January 03, 2016, 05:32:21 pm »

At the very least, I'll have interesting stories to tell at the nursing home.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93091 on: January 03, 2016, 05:41:11 pm »

It sound silly

But I always said to myself if I ever had a kid and they give me a Macaroni necklace or bracelet or a really ugly tie... I am going to wear it to work :P

I don't know why people consider it so embarrassing. To me it is like a badge of love, I'd want everyone to see it.

Of course not having kids that is precisely why I can say such things. I am sure it changes once you have em.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #93092 on: January 03, 2016, 05:43:15 pm »

A lot of the elderly people in my life have either been very unfulfilled and angry at life, or had an obvious yet undiagnosed mental illness. So, it's kinda easy for me to be afraid of old age.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93093 on: January 03, 2016, 05:48:32 pm »

Oddly, I don't know any old people in nursing homes. Except for my 92-year-old grandpa who recently retired from volunteering at a nursing home.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #93094 on: January 03, 2016, 05:56:36 pm »

I, on the other hand, have had ample opportunity to experience awesome, lucid old people.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93095 on: January 03, 2016, 06:11:01 pm »

So I was reading things in the Middle East thread and copied/pasted the name of guy (as it turned out, a terrorist leader) into Google to find out who he was. Later, I was filling out a report for something unrelated and realized that I must have accidentally pressed ctrl-v because the name of the terrorist was now in my report.

It's a good thing that I sometimes read over what I'm doing before I submit it anywhere.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93096 on: January 03, 2016, 06:46:37 pm »

For probably the most interesting TBS gameplay-wise, Disgaea sure doesn't have a lot of clones. It's weird, because with Doom and Quake, there were dozens of clones all over the place, but apparently, TBS genre is full of people thinking that the maximum total of tactical options available to a single unit should consist of "move, attack, wait or defend".
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93097 on: January 03, 2016, 06:50:04 pm »

For probably the most interesting TBS gameplay-wise, Disgaea sure doesn't have a lot of clones. It's weird, because with Doom and Quake, there were dozens of clones all over the place, but apparently, TBS genre is full of people thinking that the maximum total of tactical options available to a single unit should consist of "move, attack, wait or defend".

Because, and I am sad to say this, Disgaea isn't a good 'game'.

It is a game with a good story and style mind you and it is great just because of that.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93098 on: January 03, 2016, 07:14:36 pm »

It is a game with a good story and style mind you and it is great just because of that.
1) Disgaea isn't a good game? Why is that? As far as I've seen, its gameplay is better than of any other tactical game I've seen.
2) If people were only copying good games, then why there are so many shitty "generic modern shooters" around?
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93099 on: January 03, 2016, 07:20:11 pm »

1) its gameplay is better than of any other tactical game I've seen.

But is it more tactical then any game you seen? The POINT of Disgaea's gameplay gameplay is not to let the little stuff get in the way of the overall enjoyment. Numbers are big, enemies are ridiculous, moves are spectacular.

It is why no other games copy it... Because TECHNICALLY Disgaea is a Strategy RPG but really it amounts to a RPG on a grid with some puzzle elements thrown in (strategies amounting to finding exploits in the game to allow you to defeat superior adversaries).

Yet the only reason Disgaea can get away with it is because of its story and atmosphere.

--

As opposed to Doom which is a first person shooter which perfected first person shooters of its kind when it came out. It lived and thrived off its gameplay rather then its atmosphere (ok... the music was great too)

--

As for the second... Because they sell.

Disgaea sells but it doesn't have a formula you can copy because the fun isn't in the details but in the package... In a genre where people expect something else.

Doom sells and has a direct template.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 07:24:17 pm by Neonivek »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93100 on: January 03, 2016, 07:34:27 pm »

1) Disgaea isn't a good game? Why is that? As far as I've seen, its gameplay is better than of any other tactical game I've seen.
2) If people were only copying good games, then why there are so many shitty "generic modern shooters" around?

Consider the popularity of the relevant franchises and their markets.
By 2011, disagea franchise has sold 1.7 million units.

The first Doom game was probably played by between 15 and 20 million people.
Call of duty 4 sold more copies by itself than disagea has done over its entire series.

People don't copy good games, they copy successful games.
FPS are successful. So people make them.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93101 on: January 03, 2016, 08:12:03 pm »

My posts per day is edging ever closer to 60.  I don't know when it's going to stop.  I'm kind of worried now.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #93102 on: January 03, 2016, 08:18:13 pm »

Eh, you'll cool down soon enough.

For some reason I had the compulsion to roll up a deadEarth character today. I ended up with a roboticist who was probably going to die from the common cold and couldn't move.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 08:20:01 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93103 on: January 03, 2016, 08:24:14 pm »

Of which more than half is in FGRP?
*checks*
gee shocker
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93104 on: January 03, 2016, 08:26:34 pm »

Of which more than half is in FGRP?
*checks*
gee shocker
Amazing isn't it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6205 6206 [6207] 6208 6209 ... 11040