Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6154 6155 [6156] 6157 6158 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449861 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92325 on: December 19, 2015, 06:39:29 pm »

So other house person has apparently bought a bag of lentil chips. Crisps, for you weird speaking folks. Pea chips are wtf enough on their own, imo, but that's not really the odd thing about them.

Their two most substantial ingredients are lentil powder and potato starch. These... these aren't lentil chips. They're pea impregnated potato chips. I, just. I don't understand.

I mean, I do understand -- it's very much like gluten free potato chips (no shit, sherlock!) and being marketed to a similar demographic -- but...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92326 on: December 19, 2015, 06:43:14 pm »

We also had some ninja weapons donated. A pair of sai, a nunchaku, and one of those little hand scythe things, I forget the name of them. All were made of metal(the nunchaku was padded, but the chain was steel), though the scythe was not sharp, nor where the prongs of the sai. We could not legally sell them, so we tossed them in the garbage.

I believe the hand sickle is called a Kama
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92327 on: December 19, 2015, 07:12:17 pm »

Why on earth must my computer be plugged in and charging for Toribash to run properly? Why can't it use battery?
One wheel short of a wagon

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92328 on: December 19, 2015, 07:16:49 pm »

Possibly due to Windows "power settings".  By default I think laptops will run in a sort of "power saving" mode when unplugged, where they don't run the CPUs as hard.  In Win7 it's the battery icon, "More power options", then "Change plan settings".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92329 on: December 19, 2015, 07:19:02 pm »

Thanks. ANy idea if this will apply to DF FPS as well?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92330 on: December 19, 2015, 07:24:15 pm »

Probably, since DF is mostly limited by the speed of one of your CPUs (it's *essentially* single threaded, though the "graphics" are split I think).  Though initial loading and worldgen is probably limited by drive speed and/or RAM speed, if I had to guess.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92331 on: December 19, 2015, 07:30:30 pm »

Thanks!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92332 on: December 19, 2015, 08:05:43 pm »

Update: Oh god, they taste like those horrible fluffy round rice cake monstrosities. The ones primarily produced by Quaker Oats, in this region, I think. If you've ever experienced the taste sensation of dry salty cardboard, you know of what I speak.

I have tried one. I will eat no more. Blegh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92333 on: December 19, 2015, 08:27:10 pm »

I've tried lentil chips before for the same reason, and I just want to say:

The ones I tried didn't have the neutral inoffensive taste of rice cakes - they actually tasted like lentils. Of course, I hate lentils.  :P

P.S. I haven't eaten rice cakes in ages because there's really not much point to it.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92334 on: December 19, 2015, 08:35:42 pm »

final fantasy X's soundtrack is $25

like wow

i wonder if there's a better way to make my point about leitmotifs

actually star wars just had a new movie and i noticed kylo ren's theme every damn time he appeared on screen, so that might make people less confused, but probably not, the kind of people who say that undertale's lazy for using leitmotifs are usually the kind who never pay attention to music in their entertainment in the first place

EDIT: oh my god i just realized that my youtube channel presents me as some sort of toby fox superfan
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 08:38:53 pm by Putnam »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92335 on: December 19, 2015, 08:39:51 pm »

Huh?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92336 on: December 19, 2015, 09:03:39 pm »

The lentil chips I had a while ago were pretty dang tasty.
Also... rice cakes? Were you having them dry? No wonder you didn't like them- just spread on some Vegemite (or avocado+other generic cracker toppings) and they'll be lovely. Also lentils are used to make dosa. Dosa is one of the greatest foods in existence, so long as the cook does it right.

Edit: Oh man, that reminds me: the other day I was walking along a road not too far from here and I saw a restaurant advertising dosa.
Looked at their menu online and it is indeed true... I will have to try them when I get paid. Hopefully theirs are nice and crisp and not all soft and greasy like some places- usually the places I can easily get to. ::)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 09:07:09 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #92337 on: December 19, 2015, 09:08:17 pm »

final fantasy X's soundtrack is $25

like wow

i wonder if there's a better way to make my point about leitmotifs

actually star wars just had a new movie and i noticed kylo ren's theme every damn time he appeared on screen, so that might make people less confused, but probably not, the kind of people who say that undertale's lazy for using leitmotifs are usually the kind who never pay attention to music in their entertainment in the first place

EDIT: oh my god i just realized that my youtube channel presents me as some sort of toby fox superfan

Use Darth Vader's theme. It's one of the most recognisable leitmotifs in existence.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92338 on: December 19, 2015, 09:28:03 pm »

They're used throughout Battlestar Galactica as well (the reboot, not the original).

(Well, I don't know, they might be in the original. I watched one or two episodes and then noped out.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92339 on: December 19, 2015, 09:29:13 pm »

see there's too many choices, oh my god is it a common technique
Pages: 1 ... 6154 6155 [6156] 6157 6158 ... 11040