Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6137 6138 [6139] 6140 6141 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456450 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92070 on: December 16, 2015, 03:11:55 pm »

Ah, the furmanity!
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #92071 on: December 16, 2015, 03:14:25 pm »

Please. No more. My eyes cannot withstand such madness.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #92072 on: December 16, 2015, 03:28:22 pm »

Oh man, you people have no idea what kind of stuff gets published online.
I refuse to believe that any of those are real books. REFUSE.

Then again, I did stumble across a subgenre of fiction that I could have done without knowing existed: "BBW Paranormal Romance".
Yep....hunky werewolves who fall in love with chubby housewives. Although it appears the genre is branching out to were-animals of all sorts. Bears, panthers, a bobcat. Now I'm thinking I need to write a trashy romance novel about a cougar....who is actually a cougar.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:31:02 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92073 on: December 16, 2015, 03:32:03 pm »

While I have little interest in reading such a thing...
I'm pleasantly surprised that it exists!

Seriously, I love that we're approaching a point where there is fiction for every interest.  As far as I'm concerned, that is only a good thing.

... It's also pretty funny though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92074 on: December 16, 2015, 03:32:36 pm »

It's self published, apparently. Amazon's just serving as the distributer, or something along those lines. Also people seem to like it, for whatever reason.

No, I know what kind of awful shit gets published online.

I saw them published in a physical shop.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #92075 on: December 16, 2015, 03:35:47 pm »

S'okay, I saw this title on a grocery store bookshelf and literally did a spit-take.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I really need to try my hand at writing a few things because holy shit, there's no way I could be more of a hack than this.
EDIT: Just for reference, this is book 16 in a series, and concerns the romance between a vampire and "a were-tiger princess". That sounds more like a really munchkin D&D party than a novel. When did repressed housewives replace teenage neckbeards?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:39:37 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92076 on: December 16, 2015, 03:40:01 pm »

That's the kind of novel that is written, edited and published in an afternoon.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92077 on: December 16, 2015, 03:44:31 pm »

Ah, the furmanity!

I know I am supposed to be joining the "EWWW Furies are icky because... uhhh... I don't like them!" bus (not that it is what the person who posted that meant)

But... my attention is more drawn to just how freeken awkwardly everyone is posed in that drawing. What is it I am supposed to feel looking at that?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92078 on: December 16, 2015, 03:45:05 pm »

Hell, I'm pretty sure I could write better quality fiction than the person who wrote "Racoon Sex God", but you gotta hand to these people, the art on some of these covers is really something else :P

Also, if I may ask, who the hell is this guy?? And why he's in so many covers??
Is odd erotic novel cover model a profession somewhere?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:48:35 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92079 on: December 16, 2015, 03:46:01 pm »

Pretty sure we've had fanfic/fic of the fur/scale/whatever sort being written long before publishing em became a thing.  Humanity will survive.

That feeling you get when you drink milk and are lactose intolerant.  Mind you, it was supposed to be lactose free or something, maybe lactose light.  That is what you get when accepting what family gives you at face value, rather then checking it closely.

On another note, recently tried out the fancy cruise control vehicle on a newer car.  I... don't really like it.  Not used to taking slight-medium curves while not controlling the speed myself, despite the fact that I fundamentally go into them the same way/speed while on manual.

It also explains why people don't slow down while going uphill, but do when going downhill though.  I hate that, passing me while going uphill, then slowing down on the downhill so that I easily catch up... and going slower then my preferred speed the rest of the time they are in front of me.

Another driving thing, 3 line roads, where one side splits into 2 lines when going uphill...  when I make a left turn on those roads, yes, I put up the turn signal pretty early... People still slow down behind me, rather then switching over to the right lane, when there are no vehicles in the right lane... even when there are also no other vehicles behind.
It boggles me everytime.
(And yes, my turn signals do work.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92080 on: December 16, 2015, 03:47:20 pm »

I know I am supposed to be joining the "EWWW Furies are icky because... uhhh... I don't like them!" bus (not that it is what the person who posted that meant)

But... my attention is more drawn to just how freeken awkwardly everyone is posed in that drawing. What is it I am supposed to feel looking at that?
Yeah that was my takeaway.  Not that it was furry, but that it was so awkward looking!

S'okay, I saw this title on a grocery store bookshelf and literally did a spit-take.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I really need to try my hand at writing a few things because holy shit, there's no way I could be more of a hack than this.
EDIT: Just for reference, this is book 16 in a series, and concerns the romance between a vampire and "a were-tiger princess". That sounds more like a really munchkin D&D party than a novel. When did repressed housewives replace teenage neckbeards?
I'm sure there's a market-
"USA Today bestselling author"
hahaha
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92081 on: December 16, 2015, 03:49:42 pm »

I can't even tell what genre it is supposed to be.

If it is supposed to be sexy, make it look sexy. If it is supposed to look dystopian make it look dystopian.

It just looks completely embarrassing for everyone. I've rarely encountered characters that look embarrassed to be in a piece of fiction.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #92082 on: December 16, 2015, 03:54:47 pm »

Hell, I'm pretty sure I could write better quality fiction than the person who wrote "Racoon Sex God"
Challenge called
Defeat Racoon sex God, you are the chosen one

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92083 on: December 16, 2015, 03:58:00 pm »

Hell, I'm pretty sure I could write better quality fiction than the person who wrote "Racoon Sex God"

You mean to say you read it?
One wheel short of a wagon

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #92084 on: December 16, 2015, 04:04:55 pm »

Challenge called
Defeat Racoon sex God, you are the chosen one

Easy, it should be called - Attack of the Were-Wampa: A story of bestial lust.
Pages: 1 ... 6137 6138 [6139] 6140 6141 ... 11040