Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6130 6131 [6132] 6133 6134 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461635 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91965 on: December 14, 2015, 08:55:08 am »

Wow, what you have to do to get banned here?
Stuff that actually offends people. If look at the log, most bans are for trolling, fighting and/or bigotry.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #91966 on: December 14, 2015, 08:56:08 am »

How am I never here when people get banned >:v
TempAcc confirmed for bandodging alt.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #91967 on: December 14, 2015, 08:58:46 am »

You think that's bad, both LSP and GWG were banned when I was away for the forum for about a full day. As the saying goes, once is happenstance, twice is absolute undeniable proof of far-reaching conspiracy at five sigma.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #91968 on: December 14, 2015, 10:48:54 am »

You think that's bad, both LSP and GWG were banned when I was away for the forum for about a full day. As the saying goes, once is happenstance, twice is absolute undeniable proof of far-reaching conspiracy at five sigma.
* Teneb puts on sunglasses

Would you kindly look at this little light I'm holding?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91969 on: December 14, 2015, 10:54:59 am »

Whelp I say the ending of Rebel Galaxy

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Definitely the weirdest ending, relative to the game, I ever seen.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #91970 on: December 14, 2015, 11:46:24 am »

"The only safe sex is no sex! *shows picture of girl with infected eye* THIS IS WHAT SEX DOES!"

"I'm going to put it in where nobody has before!"

"No please! Not in the eyes!"
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91971 on: December 14, 2015, 11:48:28 am »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91972 on: December 14, 2015, 12:06:46 pm »

"The only safe sex is no sex! *shows picture of girl with infected eye* THIS IS WHAT SEX DOES!"
"I'm going to put it in where nobody has before!"

"No please! Not in the eyes!"
Oh come on, it's not going to be nobody is it?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91973 on: December 14, 2015, 12:15:50 pm »

Italy seizes fake blessings

The proceeds from the real ones fund the Church's charitable activities, so I'd say selling fakes is a pretty low-down thing to do.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91974 on: December 14, 2015, 09:09:50 pm »

Disclaimer, this laptop probably has bad memory and often crashes for no reason.
Firefox lost every cookie.  Again.  I... think?  The cookie for a certain Twine game *may* have survived, I'm not sure.

Either way this is very annoying.  Not really Firefox's fault since this laptop is literally falling apart and RAM is almost certainly getting corrupted on a daily basis, but still.  Chrome seems to handle the failures better...  But I like open source and am used to Firefox, ugh.

I am of course using Classic Theme Restorer to use the Firefox interface I like (I let a few changes through).
Much as I am using Win7 customized to look like Win2K, with certain exceptions I found beneficial (grouping apps into one, tiny, icon).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91975 on: December 14, 2015, 09:26:06 pm »

Chrome's open source. Well, Chromium anyways.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91976 on: December 15, 2015, 02:32:12 am »

Sort of a WTF OW. The recent Win10 update which finally decided to work also borked EqualizerAPO, which I use to make my external USB soundcard (which in turn is used to let me get proper sound in my headphones that isn't speaker stereo and isn't distorted because the morons that designed my computer ran the wiring for the audio jacks from the soundcard in the bottom rear of the case past all of the major components to the jacks in the front top of it) not deafeningly loud. Started up a game at my usual ~20% volume and damn near blew my eardrums out.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #91977 on: December 15, 2015, 03:58:45 am »

So in Episode V, Yoda says that Luke going to rescue his friends will "destroy everything they've worked for". The worst thing that happens is that Luke loses his hand, and he gets a new robotic one anyway. Leia and Chewbacca escape, and they rescue Han at the beginning of the next movie.

Not even Luke's training was in danger. When he comes back to Dagobah, Yoda just says "lol nothing more to teach" anyway.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #91978 on: December 15, 2015, 04:03:45 am »

That's the point. Luke surpasses the failings of the old order by rejecting the restricted and entrenched way of doing things that Obi-Wan and Yoda still try to push on him. He would have died or fallen to the Dark Side for sure had he let his friends get killed by the Empire. He even basically attempts suicide when Vader tries the whole "join me and rule the galaxy" shtick.  Yoda says he has nothing more to teach because he recognizes Luke has become greater than him.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #91979 on: December 15, 2015, 04:28:36 am »

ah. My theory was that Ben had suggested Yoda use some reverse psychology on him, saying "You can't do this" so that Luke just wants to do it more.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 6130 6131 [6132] 6133 6134 ... 11040