Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6125 6126 [6127] 6128 6129 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14464845 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91890 on: December 13, 2015, 04:57:13 pm »

Rolled up some stuff for my RTD.

Apparently, everything is either going to sneak up on my characters if they stand still, ambush them if they move about, sneak up on them if they move or stand still, or chase after them is they run away, if they go to a certain place.

One wheel short of a wagon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #91891 on: December 13, 2015, 04:58:02 pm »

i have accidentally gotten myself into a relationship. and after all the years of successfully avoiding it too.
Being unsure if condolences or congratulations are appropriate in this case, I will instead offer condolations. Condolations, red.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91892 on: December 13, 2015, 05:19:56 pm »

i have accidentally gotten myself into a relationship. and after all the years of successfully avoiding it too.
I'm sorry for your loss.

I found out that the only kinds of proof of age ID that are likely to be accepted anywhere are either a driver's licence or a passport. I don't drive and passports are pretty dangerous things to carry around (I'd rather not have someone impersonate me to fly to Turkey, if I can avoid it). This seems like a pretty obvious problem that needs fixing and so I look it up and people have tried, since 1998. And since 1998 nobody has actually accepted these solutions as proof of age.
How can our government be this bad at dealing with minor problems? It's be an extra couple of sentences (or more realistically because government documents, paragraphs) in a few pieces of existing documents but it hasn't happened. Or they could even roll out national ID cards like half the rest of Europe does. But not that either.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91893 on: December 13, 2015, 05:22:12 pm »

Canada has photo ID cards :v

obvious solution: move to canada
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91894 on: December 13, 2015, 05:24:20 pm »

Nah, Canada smells funny.

You should move to New Zealand. Everyone has to drive everywhere in NZ, so not having a driver's license is a terrible excuse.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91895 on: December 13, 2015, 05:24:58 pm »

I was going to say that aniseed balls are a reason not to move to Canada but apparently you have those. Fuck.
How are you on Indian curries? Those are crucial to living a decent lifestyle.

Everyone has to drive everywhere in NZ
That is sad but not unexpected.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91896 on: December 13, 2015, 05:25:04 pm »

Wow, yeah. Even in the United States of Fuck Your Suffrage you can get a state photo ID at fairly low expense and trouble.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91897 on: December 13, 2015, 05:25:36 pm »

Dang, that's rough.  Even here in America we can get IDs which are like driver's licenses, without the driving part.  I say "even here" because it feels like culturally we expect everyone to drive...  Except in inner cities I guess.

Yeah like Descan said, except the US.

Dangit ninjas w/e
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91898 on: December 13, 2015, 05:27:19 pm »

The solution is beards. If you have a beard, your an adult regardless of age.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91899 on: December 13, 2015, 05:27:44 pm »

Dang, that's rough.  Even here in America we can get IDs which are like driver's licenses, without the driving part.  I say "even here" because it feels like culturally we expect everyone to drive...  Except in inner cities I guess.

Yeah like Descan said, except the US.

Dangit ninjas w/e
i used a passport card before i got my drivers license. do they not have that where you live?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91900 on: December 13, 2015, 05:30:38 pm »

I don't know of a passport card...  I did have a child passport before I got my ID card at 16 (I didn't drive till 20-ish, so no learners permit).  I think it was basically a regular passport but cheaper though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91901 on: December 13, 2015, 05:38:20 pm »

If you're in the US then AFAIK that is just a normal passport. I got mine when I was 11 or so, when I took a death-defying risk and went to Oz with People to People, and I used the same passport when I went to Scotland in my early 20s. The only passport card I'm aware of is used solely for land and sea entry from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean islands; it is a photo ID but can't be used for air travel... though honestly it's probably just easier to get a state photo ID unless you're running soda across the Canadian border.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #91902 on: December 13, 2015, 05:45:22 pm »

Can confirm that government id cards which are valid in most of Europe are pretty nice.

Reminds me of a story my best friend told me, though. He was on holiday in Germany, and walking to a local pool in just his swimming shorts with only a towel and a few euros to buy a drink. Now, it was a weekday and the kids in Germany had school like usual, this week was only a holiday if you're in Belgium. So a cop comes up to my best friend, and asks him to see his id. My friend did not have this item on him, so the cop thinks he's shirking (is that the term?) and takes him to the police station (in his car), some eight kilometers away. At this point it is important to note that my best friend can hardly speak German. So all the way, he was trying to explain things to the officer in his best German, as he did not speak Dutch. Now, once arrived at the police station, this officer begins speaking to another cop, in fluent dutch . They still refuse to talk Dutch to my best friend, though. Matters were eventually resolved, I don't really remember how. They didn't give my friend a ride back home, though, so he had to walk 8 kilometres on floppy slippers and in swimming shorts.
The police officer patrolled there regularly, so he said high to my friend often.
Now, a few days after hearing this story from my best friend, he tells me that this cop is actually distant family of his, and that my friend's dad made the cop do that. He learned this from his mother. Over a week later. His parents are divorced.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91903 on: December 13, 2015, 07:14:25 pm »

I wonder if I should make a RPG where the main character is like a 70-80 year old man/woman...

There is a weird divide between JRPGs and CRPGs now... With JRPGs being about 14 year olds... and CRPGs being about 30 year olds.

Does anyone remember back when Seniors could be party members in RPGs? and not even like Vampires or immortals either.

On the side note... I've only really seen one RPG where a character's impossibly long age ever really felt tangible... Mostly because he was a total unrepentant ass completely destroyed by his experiences.

But I don't really blame fiction... if the games DID take place in the years they were legitimately young I am sure they would have been like "We should be fighting for women's right and a separation between church and state. Ohh hello Gypsy Moor give me a hug!" as is the case. (At least with Captain America they sometimes justify it by making stories of his experiences where he saw the humanity in the germans or where he fought with really awesome women)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91904 on: December 13, 2015, 07:27:00 pm »

Maybe the characters tend to be those ages because those are probably the median ages of the players of each subgenre?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 6125 6126 [6127] 6128 6129 ... 11040