Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468099 times)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #9150 on: May 12, 2012, 11:20:28 am »

The Barbarians are pleased at this development.  The article had most perfect grammar.  Barbarians are good at spelling.  The story might involve Barbarians.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #9151 on: May 12, 2012, 11:34:24 am »

Good, respect the Barbarians. The Barbarians might now not use their incredible physical prowess on you.

(You may not have known this, but all of the Barbarians are played by Gaston.)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: May 12, 2012, 11:38:14 am »

At work, we got a skid of UPS Express boxes, filled with these... I'm not sure if they're dresses, or just tops. Anyway, we got a million of these things. And they've still got the price tags on them, ranging from $85-$125. Apparently, they're some French designer brand. Managed to snag one for my mom.

That took about 30-40 minutes in Paint. I think I need to practice more. I'm having a hard time telling whether it's a girl or not(it is).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: May 12, 2012, 11:47:28 am »

Good, respect the Barbarians. The Barbarians might now not use their incredible physical prowess on you.

(You may not have known this, but all of the Barbarians are played by Gaston.)
♬ No one voice acts like Gaston,  no one grunts like Gaston, no one smash like Gaston, no one spell like Gaston ♬
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: May 12, 2012, 12:35:11 pm »

Intellectually, it's no surprise -- known for a while it happens -- but viscerally...

There's something a little morbid about watching chickens eat eggs. Just the eggshell in this case, but still... they're pretty enthusiastic about it.

Afternoon WTF Edit: Wake up from afternoon nap, decide want cold water. Go outside to get bottle from outside fridge, where smaller bottled drinks are kept cold. Open door and...

My god. It's full of meat.

Vacuumed sealed packages of meat, in three varieties, suddenly occupying basically every previously free space in the machine.

I stare for a moment, befuddled, then go back inside for room temperature water. I just woke up from a nap. I don't feel like digging through a small mountain of inexplicable meat to reach a cold bottle of water.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:20:11 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: May 12, 2012, 07:15:18 pm »

I stare for a moment, befuddled, then go back inside for room temperature water. I just woke up from a nap. I don't feel like digging through a small mountain of inexplicable meat to reach a cold bottle of water.

Tap water. It is glorious.

On an unrelated WTF note: I just watched a recording of an Age of Empires II game where one player used the late game Spanish civ unique tech that buffed his basic workers and just annihilated his opponent. I am both amused and disgusted by such underhanded tactics.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: May 12, 2012, 07:22:07 pm »

Tap water is hilariously unwise in my area. It made me sick multiple times before I stopped. I stopped :-\ Room temp water involves a gallon jug... or boiling.

Plus I'm fairly familiar with the local water dude. It does not inspire confidence (By which I mean, technically, the guy should be in jail. Literally. Pretty much everyone's still unsure why he isn't, but some form of blackmail is likely involved.).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:24:31 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #9157 on: May 12, 2012, 07:33:10 pm »

I was surprised to see some of my chickens eat an egg i dropped on accident. I had to poke at them a little to get them away from it since they really aren't supposed to eat eggs. If they develop a taste for eggs then, if they are hens that you rely on to get eggs each day, then they might start cannibalizing the eggs before you have a chance to grab them in the mornings.

The Meat Fairy has given you a gift!! All praise to the Meat Fairy for its bountiful bounty and forethought to vacpak all of the meat, and for giving variety!
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: May 12, 2012, 07:40:48 pm »

Vacuumed sealed packages of meat, in three varieties, suddenly occupying basically every previously free space in the machine.
Serial killer was here.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: May 12, 2012, 07:49:12 pm »

That took about 30-40 minutes in Paint. I think I need to practice more. I'm having a hard time telling whether it's a girl or not(it is).
I'd say that's a pretty good start, nice job :)  For the woman/man problem, check out some FF6 sprite sheets, specifically Edgar and Terra.  Look close, and note the subtle visual cues in their pixelated forms that make your brain go "DAT'S WOMAN" and "DAT'S MAN" despite the fact they're so small.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: May 12, 2012, 08:41:03 pm »

Serial killer was here.

I'm thinking something more like Slither.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9161 on: May 12, 2012, 08:43:17 pm »

I was surprised to see some of my chickens eat an egg i dropped on accident. I had to poke at them a little to get them away from it since they really aren't supposed to eat eggs. If they develop a taste for eggs then, if they are hens that you rely on to get eggs each day, then they might start cannibalizing the eggs before you have a chance to grab them in the mornings.

Nothing worse than seeing someone feed roast duck to ducks

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: May 12, 2012, 08:56:21 pm »

You misspelled "better".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9163 on: May 12, 2012, 09:16:37 pm »

You misspelled "better".
What follows after... Can only legally be classed as murder.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: May 12, 2012, 09:58:20 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAxc_EfwcqI

I live in Stone County Missouri, I am a twenty year old male on a Drug Court Program.  I could potentially have felonies on my record if I mess up my program. That's all well and good.

But this.
This is the law enforcement branch in my area.  I know Deputy Jenkins PERSONALLY.  I thought he was a nice guy.  Check out that video. Tell me what you think.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 11037