Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6070 6071 [6072] 6073 6074 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458032 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91065 on: December 01, 2015, 06:37:01 am »

I just had a dream that was a video of a letsplay of a game that does not exist.
What genre of game?
It appeared to be a sequel to one of the first two XCOM games, so strategy.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #91066 on: December 01, 2015, 06:40:00 am »

There are several more games in the original XCom series, plus quite a few full-conversion mods. It's possible the thing exists.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91067 on: December 01, 2015, 07:16:08 am »

If not, then make it, it would be pretty awesome to play a mod which publicity starts like: "It all came to me in a dream...."
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91068 on: December 01, 2015, 08:21:04 am »

Doubt theres an Xcom which shares the inital graphics and includes soldiers turning into demons via mind control or dropships that move about in the battlefield map.

Or, for that matter, the ability to get troops onto a landed UFO and fly off with it.

Would be awesome if there was though. As for me making it, well, Id need to learn to code first.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91069 on: December 01, 2015, 08:58:05 am »

go.... learn to code.... NOWWWWWW
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91070 on: December 01, 2015, 09:26:46 am »

So today I heard news that mattress retailer Sleepys has been bought out.

I had a job interview with them around February or so in their corporate headquarters. The building seemed very empty on an otherwise normal afternoon. The hiring manager I spoke to said they had way too many showrooms for their size. It's not uncommon here in New York to see two within a mile or two of each other. Nobody ever seems to be in them either.

The job interview went exceptionally well but I never heard anything back from them again, for that position I interviewed or the others I applied to. I've felt for a long time that the company must have had major financial problems.   Who'd want this junk?

By the way I work at an office that's just a short walk from their corporate office.  Gonna be another big abandoned building in town soon.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91071 on: December 01, 2015, 09:45:49 am »

Doubt theres an Xcom which shares the inital graphics and includes soldiers turning into demons via mind control or dropships that move about in the battlefield map.

Or, for that matter, the ability to get troops onto a landed UFO and fly off with it.

Would be awesome if there was though. As for me making it, well, Id need to learn to code first.
Never before have I wanted a game so much.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91072 on: December 01, 2015, 10:31:42 am »

its actually coming.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/30/457884746/amazon-offers-new-glimpse-of-what-its-drone-delivery-could-look-like

and here is Jeremy Clarkson from top gear in the best commercial ever. he does work for amazon now doesn't he after leaving the bbc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXo_d6tNWuY

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91073 on: December 01, 2015, 10:42:31 am »

Flying piņatas!  Just grab a bat and start swinging.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91074 on: December 01, 2015, 10:47:08 am »

And so, the skies of USA will become a gigantic piņata stuffed with expensive electronics and assorted merchandise at the reach of anyone with a BB gun.

This service will work only in a highly evolved society, with strong values and principles, and where guns aren't in everyone's hands either. I say Amazon has too much confidence on the honesty of the average modern human.

I give this brilliant plan a few months at least. Unless Amazon gets a way of weaponize the drones to fight back, in which case I give humanity only a few years.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #91075 on: December 01, 2015, 10:52:01 am »

not to mention the fact that people might not be comfortable with drones flying over their houses all the time

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #91076 on: December 01, 2015, 11:16:55 am »

not to mention the fact that people might not be comfortable with drones flying over their houses all the time

Dunno. In Iraq people seem to be bearing with that just fine.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91077 on: December 01, 2015, 11:18:35 am »

Are you just assuming? :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91078 on: December 01, 2015, 11:30:16 am »

Drones passing by would be no much of an issue. Drones failing because malfunction or people shooting at them do seems like an annoyance. Specially in the case of a malfunction in the middle of a busy road or something, those seem like accidents waiting to happen.

To this service to work it needs a way of keep people downing drones and drones that are almost 100% reliable not to malfunction and start to fall over peoples heads at regular intervals. It would be inevitable in the case of a mass service, whoever.

I guess there could be areas where this kind of delivery is outright banned, and some sort of sky-lanes could be developed with the city authorities so drones fly relativity high, out of reach of most people sight (and guns) and then come down right in the place they are making the delivery.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91079 on: December 01, 2015, 12:06:15 pm »

Seriously though, where I live there's be people sitting out on their porches and fields just waiting for a drone to cross their property line so's that Christmas can come early with a little help from Messrs. Remington and Browning.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 6070 6071 [6072] 6073 6074 ... 11040