Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6069 6070 [6071] 6072 6073 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456216 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91050 on: November 30, 2015, 04:00:04 pm »

Ah, I see.
Still pretty stupid though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #91051 on: November 30, 2015, 04:22:22 pm »

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 04:32:58 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #91052 on: November 30, 2015, 04:47:00 pm »

That is incredibly stupid and probably outright illegal.  Free and reduced lunch program students, if there are any, are disproportionately impacted.
Don't worry about that, it's *optional*, though they;re going to try to get everyone to do it really. And re the free lunch thing, we're all rich wankers anyway, it's a private school - the, say, 40% of scholarshp and bursary boys don't get free school lunches anyway ::)

Its not ~exactly~ outright illegal (at least I can't say so without knowing where the school is located), but it seems like a needlessly controversial and weird way to involve the school and its students in charity. The usual way of involving students in donation drives and doing stuff to raise money for charity is way better.
This. Bloody cake sales, sponsored walks, rows, swims, runs, silences, school fairs and mufti days, whatever, many rich and stupid parents will throw money at their offspring for anything, really. But a sponsored fast is just... why?
My school used to do non uniform days. Had to pay to wear your own clothes, heh.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91053 on: November 30, 2015, 05:13:12 pm »

I seem to have found a new variety of pop-up. One that covers part of a window, locks out any input to the page except of the pop-up, and makes various claims to not being able to access a page and that someone is trying to steal my personal information.

Then again, someone may have just tried to hack my PC, but I don't really think so.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91054 on: November 30, 2015, 05:27:21 pm »

Does it happen every time you go to a particular site, or randomly on any sites?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91055 on: November 30, 2015, 05:44:52 pm »

Happened only one, while browsing TvTropes.

I've seen a similar kind of thing before(often, but not always, from TvTropes as well) where a Windows dialog box will open, demand to scan my computer, and redirect to some site(which I close before it loads) when I close it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #91056 on: November 30, 2015, 06:08:41 pm »

okay wait open your javascript console (ctrl+shift+k on firefox, ctrl+shift+j on chrome) and type this in:

Code: [Select]
alert('spooky')

is that what it looks like

because that's like the most basic, lazy page hijack thing available AFAIK, so I see it a lot with irresponsible old people computers

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91057 on: November 30, 2015, 06:20:57 pm »

That thing, yeah.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91058 on: November 30, 2015, 11:27:22 pm »

Speaking as allegedly a tutor, yeah, I don't exactly go looking for work when I'm assigned.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #91059 on: December 01, 2015, 01:07:27 am »

Tiny community colleges FTW. They're too busy retrofitting that one building that is currently two walls and a crater to have crazy fundraiser ideas.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91060 on: December 01, 2015, 01:57:25 am »

I just had a dream that was a video of a letsplay of a game that does not exist.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #91061 on: December 01, 2015, 02:34:41 am »

i just got...

fanmail?

like, no questions, just "you're a pretty cool dude"

EDIT: i was about to ask about the chance of getting a copyright strike for monetizing a video with a short clip from the beach boys, but then I realized that nintendo content is way riskier anyway, like, oh my god read these terms and conditions
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 02:44:34 am by Putnam »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91062 on: December 01, 2015, 02:54:08 am »

but then I realized that nintendo content is way riskier anyway, like, oh my god read these terms and conditions
Not even reading this but I'm guessing it is more or less "join our youtube club or we'll pursue legal action to get it removed/your advertising goes to us".

i just got...

fanmail?

like, no questions, just "you're a pretty cool dude"
I don't know who sent it but it checks out.

I just had a dream that was a video of a letsplay of a game that does not exist.
What genre of game?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91063 on: December 01, 2015, 02:56:40 am »

._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #91064 on: December 01, 2015, 03:19:23 am »

I refuse to say this makes me sad, so WTF thread it is. Right now is the Week of Fate, where pretty much all the final projects for the semester are and such. No more sleep for me!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 6069 6070 [6071] 6072 6073 ... 11040