Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6055 6056 [6057] 6058 6059 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449792 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90840 on: November 26, 2015, 10:05:16 am »

Words don't get much more vague, nor more noble, than that.
And it sounds better than "soldier", more importantly. Imgur's editing tools are... somewhat lacking.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90841 on: November 26, 2015, 10:18:33 am »

Hooligans? Thugs?

However, by this definition, MRA's would be SJW's, wouldn't they?
The irony, the hypocrisy. Were I able to tears they would be joyful.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90842 on: November 26, 2015, 10:19:50 am »

I'd call them what they are. Idiots.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90843 on: November 26, 2015, 10:20:43 am »

I'd call them what they are. Idiots.

The WHOLE POINT of calling them "Social Justice Warriors" is to be Ironic... to point out what idiots they are being... without it being a direct insult (Like Social Justice Nazi would be)

The only way we could beat it home more is to call them "Social Justice Crusaders"

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90844 on: November 26, 2015, 10:31:18 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/what-happened-when-i-took-1307805208231990.html

Ah, the failure of American parenting, blamed squarely upon the kids being "spoiled" by the parents doing the "spoiling." Look at that, this person took her kid to a homeless shelter, so now she feels all smug about herself. What did she do? She:

She served at a homeless shelter once, bragged about how good she and her kid are for volunteering, and implied her bad parenting was redeemed. It isn't. She's basically saying "look at me!"

Rather than have a difficult conversation with her child and making him understand where toys come from and why it's not cool to "just buy a new one" when you break it, she did a photo op. She made a public bragging effort, once.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #90845 on: November 26, 2015, 11:02:14 am »

It took 18 years of my life for anyone else besides me to realize:
  • I have a birthmark on my left cheek.
  • Said birthmark outlines a heart shape.
That person was a 10-year-old girl who is apparently way more perceptive than others and on her way to become an observational comedian.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90846 on: November 26, 2015, 11:13:37 am »

Sometimes I wholeheartedly think that most parents today try to compensate or live their longed childhood trough their children. Something about the current trend of "everybody is special and deserve an award" points out to the idiots posting this theories being in fact resented for being no fucking special while growing up.

Spoiler alert, not everyone is special, at least not in a way meaningful for everyone else. Sure you could be special to your family, but that doesn't mean you are truly special or deserver of anything beyond the basic care and love a family should give you. You aren't entitled to awards or prizes simply by metabolising 02 into C02.

Being normal used to be fine, now it seems parents truly believe their children must be "truly special for everyone or bust". And of course the blame is not on the child. They come with absolutely 0 attitude written in their heads beyond some vage genetic predispositions, it's the bullshit parenting trends and easy routes that are doing this damage.

Fortunately not everyone is so idiotic and there are still families that raise level headed kids.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 11:17:24 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90847 on: November 26, 2015, 11:40:17 am »

Spoiler alert, not everyone is special, at least not in a way meaningful for everyone else.

Naw I think it is more that "Everyone is special" but it needs to be tempered with "Not everything you do is special or deserving of attention".

Everyone has a inherent worth that cannot be measured. Everyone needs attention, affection, and appreciation.

The issue is more that we go so far not to hurt anyone's ego that in the end we do them a disservice.

Then again a big factor of that is that people can be crushing, people do genuinely improve if they believe they have some skill even at the start. People have a tendency to have only two outlooks: You either are terrible or you are special. You either are thin and beautiful or your fat and ugly!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90848 on: November 26, 2015, 11:51:09 am »

That person was a 10-year-old girl who is apparently way more perceptive than others and on her way to become an observational comedian.

Please tell me that's the left cheek on your face.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90849 on: November 26, 2015, 11:54:28 am »

...Oh man.
That took a dark turn xD
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90850 on: November 26, 2015, 11:57:02 am »

My ex-wife just gave me a pie along with being extremely civil when I picked up my oldest daughter. WTF? Oh, well, at least if it's laced with ricin or something, my wife can cash in on my life insurance.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90851 on: November 26, 2015, 11:59:32 am »

My ex-wife just gave me a pie along with being extremely civil when I picked up my oldest daughter. WTF? Oh, well, at least if it's laced with ricin or something, my wife can cash in on my life insurance.

Did you share it with your Oldest Daughter or does she know you will just stuff your face and laugh manically while your daughter looks on hungry with her cold deadening eyes?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #90852 on: November 26, 2015, 12:08:24 pm »

It is. It'd hardly be a wonder nobody else had noticed if it wasn't on my face, the thing most people look at while interacting with me.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #90853 on: November 26, 2015, 12:57:16 pm »

Sometimes I wholeheartedly think that most parents today try to compensate or live their longed childhood trough their children. Something about the current trend of "everybody is special and deserve an award" points out to the idiots posting this theories being in fact resented for being no fucking special while growing up.

Spoiler alert, not everyone is special, at least not in a way meaningful for everyone else. Sure you could be special to your family, but that doesn't mean you are truly special or deserver of anything beyond the basic care and love a family should give you. You aren't entitled to awards or prizes simply by metabolising 02 into C02.

Being normal used to be fine, now it seems parents truly believe their children must be "truly special for everyone or bust". And of course the blame is not on the child. They come with absolutely 0 attitude written in their heads beyond some vage genetic predispositions, it's the bullshit parenting trends and easy routes that are doing this damage.

Fortunately not everyone is so idiotic and there are still families that raise level headed kids.
Dunno. I think people should strive to move beyond mediocrity. And I think everyone has at least the potential to do it. Over the years I've met some really amazing people that shine despite adversity.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90854 on: November 26, 2015, 01:19:04 pm »

Yes, people should strive to go beyond mediocrity, but it's a fact most would not. The average of people is well, the average made by the bulk of the population.

Sure most people excel at something, doesn't mean that they are all special for everyone else, is just the way we are. I WTF at the concept that "every one is special" when applied to children so broadly that it lose the very meaning. No, everyone is not universally special.

You should encourage people to achieve greatness, sure, but I think is damaging to ensure the kids they already are simply because, since that's when the self-entitlement begins and is usually downhill from there.

Maybe we are experiencing a language or even cultural barrier here.
Pages: 1 ... 6055 6056 [6057] 6058 6059 ... 11040