Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6047 6048 [6049] 6050 6051 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456390 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90720 on: November 25, 2015, 12:29:04 am »

@Caroline: clearly, you must compose an instant-hit song in a classical style with incredibly explicit lyrics. What are they going to do, ban classical music?

It also seems even sillier when you look at all those points together: "Islam is threatening our culture, so let's ban a part of our culture!"

Oh how much better the Moral Guardians would be at their job if they were forced to research the subjects they complain about...
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90721 on: November 25, 2015, 12:59:29 am »

I have three separate people contacting me online this morning, and none of them is my mother. Or one of my housemates.
Feels like I'm too sleepy to deal with this right now.

Edit: Also my internet seems to be working better than usual. Crazy stuff.

Editedit: all of the three messages I've received today on Facebook are stressful in their own way.
It's kind of interesting, they all cause me distinctly different kinds of feelbad. I think I'm gonna reply to one, ignore the others and try to avoid Facebook as much as possible for a day or two. Man, human interaction is a pain in the arse, even over the internet.
Time to play Dwarf Fortress instead.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:04:20 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #90722 on: November 25, 2015, 02:08:45 am »

That's the spirit! Dig all the holes! :D
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90723 on: November 25, 2015, 06:50:07 am »

I had this absurd idea for a book yesterday after I left the office. I obsessed about it for hours and even wrote down the basic set of ideas behind it so I might remember it later and try to start writing something. I even kind of dreamed about it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90724 on: November 25, 2015, 07:07:58 am »

Man, human interaction is a pain in the arse, even over the internet.

True that. I generally take as well as I give, but I've been weirdly hard on my housemates lately.
My most recent offense was smacking a housemate in the gut and yelling "if you're going to be sure, don't be wrong.
Which seems to be a weirdly pervasive mindset of mine.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90725 on: November 25, 2015, 07:33:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90726 on: November 25, 2015, 07:45:15 am »

DEAR FUDGE!!!

What is with games and other fiction and their eversmelly love of the crap storyline of Magic Versus Technology/Logic.

I could count on one hand all the times it has done right.

Yet TWICE in my life have I seen a scientist who looks at scientifically proven facts in that universe and goes "Ohh that is just superstitious mumbo jumbo"...

One time a scientist proven the existence of luck and went "well, I guess logic doesn't exist" in spite using the scientific process to prove it.

Another time a scientist went on a crusade against magic because it is superstitious mumbo jumbo that is holding people back... in spite the fact that it isn't superstition when it is a provable fact!

At least when Reed Richards discounts magic it is more that he believes it IS a scientifically quantifiable and ultimately knowable force. He doesn't go "Well magic doesn't exist" but rather he believes "Magic isn't magic, but something else".

*Foams at mouth and rolls on the floor in brain pain*

DAMN YOU THEA!!! DAMN YOU SOOO MUCH!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 07:48:23 am by Neonivek »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90727 on: November 25, 2015, 08:03:43 am »

Reported.
Douchebaggery is a reportable offense right?
... This is an argument I seesaw on far too much.

In any case:
I think I've been watching sad romancey things because it brings me some kind of enjoyment to validate whatever loneliness I've got lurking. However, happiness tastes like mud, and enjoyment feels like heartsqueeze, and now I feel like I'm subjecting myself to the ache for no discernable reason.
We're dumb. We're all dumb.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90728 on: November 25, 2015, 08:08:23 am »

Well, if it invokes feelings you don't often experience in day to day life, then it is a perfectly reasonable reason to watch said things, even if said feelings are also negative. There's nothing wrong with wanting to ease your loneliness that way, if anything, its rather healthy. Its not going to make it go away, but its a healthy way to deal with it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90729 on: November 25, 2015, 08:17:14 am »

Ha, I tried to post in here to express surprise at the fact that I could apparently access Bay12 while no other websites were working... but then it stopped working. Well. Thanks for that, internet. Seems to working now.

In a more valid WTF: Looking through old, mostly-forgotten photos from my old phone's camera, and... why do I have action shots of me cleaning the toilet?!

Fakeedit: Ha, internet screwed up again before I could post. Seems to be working now, though- quite a bit later than when I originally tried to post.
Booze is Life for Yoink

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90730 on: November 25, 2015, 08:28:36 am »

Reported.
Douchebaggery is a reportable offense right?
... This is an argument I seesaw on far too much.
I want to make something very very clear.... I really hope you reported it, since I'm really interested how this will be handled. It was after all a simple joke, I did quoted the post, but only a few words out of context, didn't quote anything of the really important parts of the post.

Not out of douchebaggery (I don't think it was such thing, in any case I didn't do it with that motive). I'm interested because what could give rights or the security (beyond the "honour" of our fellow "forumers") to ask such thing. There's anything on the forum rules that dictate I can force my partners here what to do or don't do something with the words I put here? Can I equally ask "everybody has to quote me from now on"?

Another ambit of this is the following premise: I'm having problems, I'm letting them out in the freaking internet, but please don't quote me? Why? It's already very public and not only it can be quoted, it can be turned into a freaking book and published all over the world, people could quote it on other forums, take screen captures, it could go on ignored or become viral or anything in between. This conduct or train of thought really make me go WTF.

Now, while the objective of this thread is to let people vent a bit their problems, people here also seems eager to help and give advice, and we all appear be reasonably well hearted so far (I really appreciate that). People might not have quoted the whole post, but we still read it, and some gave some input over it. It's really that much different from quoting the post?

Again, I must reiterate, I'm not doing this with malice or anything, it just gave me a lot of curiosity. And it happens I have some spare time now.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:33:25 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90731 on: November 25, 2015, 08:35:39 am »

I think the "no quoting plzzz" trend was started by Truean, who is apparently a lawyer, and has for some reason spread.
Still, I think Tack was joking there... I could be wrong, though.

NEW WTF: the handwash/liquid soap today smells almost obscenely good to me.
Seriously, I hadn't had this stuff in a while- I knew I'd liked the smell in the past, but I'd forgotten just how good it was. Whilst washing my hands I had to pause to take a few large inhalations of its delicious scent. Next time I'll probably just wipe the stuff over my face as well, so I can keep smelling it more strongly for longer. The smell is still clinging to my hands a little. It is nice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90732 on: November 25, 2015, 08:40:21 am »

In all honesty, I kind of agree with LordBaal on how tenuous is the expected security of not being quoted on this forum. I mean, if you aren't quoted, it means you can delete your posts without their content being preserved in another post through a quote, but anyone determined enough to find out what you said could do so through other means (waybackmachine being one).

Its still a good courtesy to do it when people ask, though, and I can understand why people like Truean would ask for it. I don't really know anything about caroline, though.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90733 on: November 25, 2015, 08:42:01 am »

I just went trough the forum guidelines and there's not a rule anywhere that forces you no to quote anyone under anyone request. The closest thing would be if the OP asks for it to be a guide line for the whole thread (as in a no quoting rule for the thread).

I'm specially interested now because some if "lawyer" set this trend, which is not only stupid but ineffectual, then what "legal bases" does he uses to do so? Which implications could it have to quote a post, both for the poster and the quoter?

Out of courtesy you shouldn't do it yes, but out of logic and intelligence you shouldn't post anything you potentially don't want to remain in internet in first place. Because be sure, even if you don't see it or can find it, virtually everything remains, and can be found with enough expertise.

I for one would never ask for such thing. But in the spirit of learning and understanding things better, TempAcc would you please enlighten me in the Truean ways of thinking and why do you understand he asks for it?

Liquid detergent and soap is the best. Well at least for doing the dishes and washing your hands respectively. However I hate to take a shower with it for some reason.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:57:45 am by LordBaal »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90734 on: November 25, 2015, 08:45:56 am »

Clannad is on steam for a whopping AAA game price. That's too high of a barrier, even if it is worth that price. How will those unenlightened plebeians on steam ever appreciate its glory?
Pages: 1 ... 6047 6048 [6049] 6050 6051 ... 11040