Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6013 6014 [6015] 6016 6017 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14444562 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90210 on: November 17, 2015, 09:41:53 am »

You guys should write a script that shuts tabs/deletes favorites after a period of non use.
The second part sounds dumb. First might help though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #90211 on: November 17, 2015, 10:02:37 am »

Considering it's fairly common for me to actually shift over to and use a tab that's been idle for over a year... no. No, I don't think the suggested script would be particularly helpful :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90212 on: November 17, 2015, 10:06:37 am »

What, why is that a thing? If I have a favorite that hasn't been used in a month, I'm probably never going back to it. I never keep tabs open for longer than a couple days. Does not compute.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #90213 on: November 17, 2015, 10:18:49 am »

The memory is long and the distractions are many.
Ask not!
Ask!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90214 on: November 17, 2015, 10:23:58 am »

In other wtf news, I'm ok my second mocha of the day. I normally piss you all off by going "bleh, no coffee no tea," but this is not super terrible, even if I'm only drinking it for the caffeine. I don't really like the bitterness, but at this point, (3 hours of sleep and an hour drive to and from the hospital,) I don't really care.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #90215 on: November 17, 2015, 10:29:01 am »

There's a cool plug-in for Chrome, OneTab, not sure if there's an equivalent for other browsers, that's great for just that.

It's essentially short-term favorites, it simply saves tabs as links in nameable groups and you can mass save/restore them; and unless you want it to do otherwise, it will auto-delete the tab from the list once you open it so it doesn't clutter so easily.

Unfortunately, since it just stores links, it doesn't jive well with storing your current state, so it doesn't work as good with pdfs or flash crap or whatever else in that ballpark.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90216 on: November 17, 2015, 10:42:57 am »

(3 hours of sleep and an hour drive to and from the hospital,)
You should probably have a nap at somepoint today, MZ.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90217 on: November 17, 2015, 10:55:14 am »

Shutting down the tabs just doesn't clear all the memory, in my experience.  Particularly for rich multimedia sites like news articles or youtube.  I have to force-kill my browser a couple times a day, or images just stop loading and darkness starts covering the screen.  Though in FF's defense, I'm pretty sure this computer has a bit of bad memory...  Even on my gaming desktop though, the memory allotment climbs steadily with usage even if I close all but one tab.  Basically FF still has memory leaks.  But it's a lot better than it used to be, and I don't like the feel of Chrome, so eh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90218 on: November 17, 2015, 11:01:22 am »

Currently my firefox memory usage is at ~455,800k according to windows task manager. I have 72 tabs, but only 3 of them are currently open.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90219 on: November 17, 2015, 11:01:24 am »

Pale Moon will sit around twice as much as it started with and stay there after awhile, even with my slightly broken double-clicking middle mouse button opening twice the tabs I want.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #90220 on: November 17, 2015, 11:20:52 am »

I can't function with more than 5 tabs open.
I also don't set my browser to restore any tabs after closing.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #90221 on: November 17, 2015, 11:26:41 am »

I can't function with more than 5 tabs open.
I also don't set my browser to restore any tabs after closing.
This right here, excepting the times when I am reading TVTropes or I am actively doing something that involves a large number of tabs (like figuring out/ordering parts for a new computer or something similar).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90222 on: November 17, 2015, 11:31:28 am »

See? It's not just me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #90223 on: November 17, 2015, 11:35:26 am »

See? It's not just me.
I had 20+ at the same time. Months ago. 40+. >_>
<.<
Glad I'm more organized now but...those memories. ._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #90224 on: November 17, 2015, 11:37:18 am »

Of course not? We've (GD, the emotion threads, whatev') had this discussion probably... six or seven times or something. Some people do tabs light, some of us do tabs heavy. It's all good. Well, I can't function properly anymore without at least a few dozen open, but... something approximating good, anyway.

And yeah, I ended up losing about a hundred, hundred fiddy tabs to a strange, strange bug. Still have probably a good hunnard twenny loitering in opera, the mentioned 25 in firefox. It's much more comfortable than bookmarking :V
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 6013 6014 [6015] 6016 6017 ... 11040