Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6003 6004 [6005] 6006 6007 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14431834 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90060 on: November 15, 2015, 04:59:20 pm »

steppin on my namesakespace :P
I don't know what your image is from, but it's poignant.  I did notice that it stopped rotating.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #90061 on: November 15, 2015, 05:10:01 pm »

The book I have to read for my French class does not have a plot. It is two hundred pages of a Belgian woman being shat upon in a Japanese company.
I am reading a TEN PAGE RAMBLING SEGMENT ON WOMEN IN JAPANESE SOCIETY. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANY OF THESE WORDS.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90062 on: November 15, 2015, 05:25:11 pm »

Does it even say how she got there in the first place, or did someone just write down their rant in french and sell it as a book?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90063 on: November 15, 2015, 05:28:46 pm »

just some walloon gaijin, nobody important

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90064 on: November 15, 2015, 05:29:38 pm »

Removez la japagnes?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90065 on: November 15, 2015, 05:31:53 pm »

From what I've been able to understand, she spent the first five years of her life in Japan, before moving back to, presumably, Belgium. She studied Japanese and moved back to Japan to work at a company, presumably as a translator. One of the first things that happen is that she is forbidden to speak or act like she understands Japanese. It is unclear what language she is speaking in at any given point in time, but apparently everyone in this company speaks either English or French.

The rant just appears to be a tangent to the thought "I admire any Japanese person who does not commit suicide". Apart from that it is unrelated. I would say unrelated to the story, but this game is not in possession of such a thing.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 05:33:27 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90066 on: November 15, 2015, 05:33:32 pm »

Does it even say how she got there in the first place, or did someone just write down their rant in french and sell it as a book?
That sounds like the kind of thing I'd expect from a French language book.

@miauw, that sounds like that weird Japanese thing where they keep around a westener in order to make the company look better
I suppose maybe the image would be weakened if she could speak Japanese?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90067 on: November 15, 2015, 05:38:45 pm »

Fuck if I know. The events leading to the interdiction were a business meeting where her manners and language towards the visitors from another company were flawless.
She is also incapable of doing basic math, failing to verify a single file on business trips of employees over the course of several weeks, which her direct superior, who is often described as being supremely beautiful to the point where I thought a lesbian romance subplot would occur before realizing that there is no plot at all, completes in twenty minutes.

Like, fuck. Can't we read like, le petit prince?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #90068 on: November 15, 2015, 06:16:26 pm »

steppin on my namesakespace :P
I don't know what your image is from, but it's poignant.  I did notice that it stopped rotating.

It's very poignant for me too - it's from Stephen King's The Dark Tower series, which I like so much simply for its passion and drive.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90069 on: November 15, 2015, 06:20:38 pm »

oh god

some kind of insect bite directly on the big scar on my leg

i feel the itch but am numb to the scratching

whyyyyyyyyy
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90070 on: November 15, 2015, 06:41:14 pm »

Finished copying the drive. Unfortunately, it also copied the partition size, meaning the drive thinks it's the same size as the original, along with 1.5TB it can't use.

I don't see an option to extend the partition(using Paragon Drive Copy Professional edition) - and I get the feeling I can't without wiping out the last 6 hours of work.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90071 on: November 15, 2015, 06:48:16 pm »

Under windows 7 at least, probably 8/10, you want "disk management"
good luck finding it...  In 7 I found it by...
Oh wow I literally just did it, now I can't remember how.  Fuck, I'm drunk as balls.

Ah okay.  Open the control panel (or whatever), then do a search for "disk management".  Works in 7.  If otherwise, Gaia help you.
Then you should be able to view the partitions.  And right click on the appropriate one, and "extend partition", if there's room.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:49:52 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90072 on: November 15, 2015, 07:00:43 pm »

Ironic, I was going to install Windows 7 after cloning the drive.

You know, in case installing Win7 screws up in a manner best described as "a catastropic clusterfuck", I have a backup.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90073 on: November 15, 2015, 07:03:40 pm »

I think the instructions are still about the same for XP.  IE, it's still called Disk Management and can be found as such.

dunno about Vista though, to hell with that drek.
She/they

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90074 on: November 15, 2015, 07:03:59 pm »

You can also open the start menu, type "comp" into the search then you get "computer management" and can click the disk management section in that. Disk Management is part of the Computer Management utility, which is why there's no separate search for it in there. Well, it's much quicker than opening up the Control Panel etc.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 07:06:06 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 6003 6004 [6005] 6006 6007 ... 11039