Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5994 5995 [5996] 5997 5998 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14439852 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89925 on: November 13, 2015, 06:52:29 am »

Well, in the US, the idea that "you're a good person until you disagree with me" is pretty prevalent among leftists. I lost count on how many facebook ~insertminorityhere~ activists openly attacked their own/other minorities with slurs and ad hominem because they disagreed with them in some points.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89926 on: November 13, 2015, 07:39:42 am »

Well, in the US, the idea that "you're a good person until you disagree with me" is pretty prevalent among leftists. I lost count on how many facebook ~insertminorityhere~ activists openly attacked their own/other minorities with slurs and ad hominem because they disagreed with them in some points.

Well it is the whole "You are either with me or against me" polarization that America is personally married to.

As much as Americans like to say other countries have a chip on their shoulders... It is more that America hangs all its dirty laundry for everyone to see. It doesn't hide anything.

Overly corrupt polarizing politics based more on sensationalism then rational sense? America doesn't even pretend, it will tell you up front.

Britain being an increasingly more racist country that is starting to have race tensions coming to the front? No... who told you that?

It is kind of what I love about researching the United States.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 07:44:26 am by Neonivek »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #89927 on: November 13, 2015, 11:23:09 am »

Well it is the whole "You are either with me or against me" polarization that America is personally married to.
Indeed. The main difference between right and left being that the lefts will look like they are accepting you until you disagree with them (creating the look of a huge bipolar swing in their attitudes) while a lot of the right tend to just flat out reject those people from the start.

Both sides do it, they just express themselves differently. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #89928 on: November 13, 2015, 12:21:33 pm »

Indeed. The main difference between right and left being that the lefts will look like they are accepting you until you disagree with them (creating the look of a huge bipolar swing in their attitudes) while a lot of the right tend to just flat out reject those people from the start.

Both sides do it, they just express themselves differently. :P
Yeah I said it before with CNN or Fox, how they're both the same beasts on two different sides - with Fox only being incredibly unsubtle about their views. With each station being a characterization of their audience it's not too hard to envisage your intellectual urbanite being accepting and tolerant up until you disagree with them vs your country steakeater grumbling this way and that with noddling looks of disapproval from the start.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #89929 on: November 13, 2015, 12:28:20 pm »

It's really scary how fucked up the whole thing is becoming, it's gotten to the point where the South Park guys don't even need to exaggerate this shit too much to make it funny in an absurd humor kind of way.
Anyways, on to the personal WTF:
A village in Japan is offering cash money to folks if they're young and want to move there to live.

Posted here because apparently it was running for twenty five years and didn't really attract that much people. For some reason though, it went crazy recently and it seems most of the applicants are Balkan or Brazillian in origin.

And honestly, it seems like a pretty good deal. I'd love to give it a shot after doing some more research, mostly because I think I could learn the language to a functional degree relatively quickly, and the biggest hurdle, a lack of job would be solvable if they had internet access since I'd be working online anyways.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89930 on: November 13, 2015, 12:35:12 pm »

I just had the longest continual gaming binge I can remember having in a lone time.
My friend acquired Fallout 4 and was too busy to try it out properly, so I sat in front of his gaming PC and played it for hours... and hours... and hours... seriously, I'm not sure what time it was when I started (before ten, at least), but it was about three AM when I stopped.

Haven't been so immersed in a game for ages, felt great. Now I definitely need to buy the game when I can.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89931 on: November 13, 2015, 12:43:57 pm »

It's really scary how fucked up the whole thing is becoming, it's gotten to the point where the South Park guys don't even need to exaggerate this shit too much to make it funny in an absurd humor kind of way.
Anyways, on to the personal WTF:
A village in Japan is offering cash money to folks if they're young and want to move there to live.

Posted here because apparently it was running for twenty five years and didn't really attract that much people. For some reason though, it went crazy recently and it seems most of the applicants are Balkan or Brazillian in origin.

And honestly, it seems like a pretty good deal. I'd love to give it a shot after doing some more research, mostly because I think I could learn the language to a functional degree relatively quickly, and the biggest hurdle, a lack of job would be solvable if they had internet access since I'd be working online anyways.

Well honestly... from what research I've done Japan is not a very good place to move to if you aren't Japanese. It is a rather Xenophobic country and can be downright antagonistic towards foreigners.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #89932 on: November 13, 2015, 12:46:13 pm »

I just had the longest continual gaming binge I can remember having in a lone time.
My friend acquired Fallout 4 and was too busy to try it out properly, so I sat in front of his gaming PC and played it for hours... and hours... and hours... seriously, I'm not sure what time it was when I started (before ten, at least), but it was about three AM when I stopped.

Haven't been so immersed in a game for ages, felt great. Now I definitely need to buy the game when I can.

And it didnt crash repeatedly? That's the biggest wtf, for a Bethesda game.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #89933 on: November 13, 2015, 12:49:46 pm »

Well honestly... from what research I've done Japan is not a very good place to move to if you aren't Japanese. It is a rather Xenophobic country and can be downright antagonistic towards foreigners.
GAIJIN YOU HAVE TO GO BACK
ALSO BRING BACK KURIL CLAY

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89934 on: November 13, 2015, 12:55:58 pm »

Nope. The only 'issue' I had was accidentally hitting the start button on my friend's keyboard, which isn't one designed for gaming.
Even that only happened a few times before I got used to it. I did have trouble effectively using mouse+keyboard controls in general, though.
Going to buy it for console... even if the PS4's controller is garbage compared to the old design, I'm much better at using it than a keyboard. :P

I'm sorry if I'm rambling. I need to sleep. Good night morning, Bay12.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89935 on: November 13, 2015, 12:59:04 pm »

But the console version won't have all sorts of mod shenanigans :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #89936 on: November 13, 2015, 01:04:26 pm »

Especially considering that if the controller is the problem you could always just plug your controller into your computer since the PC version does have full controller support. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89937 on: November 13, 2015, 01:05:40 pm »

I did have trouble effectively using mouse+keyboard controls in general, though.
Probably because it's a console port.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89938 on: November 13, 2015, 01:13:35 pm »

Especially considering that if the controller is the problem you could always just plug your controller into your computer since the PC version does have full controller support. :P
But then that would just be crazy. Where will we draw the line?!
More seriously though, I don't want to have to play it solely on my friend's computer when he isn't using it/using his room.
I'm looking forward to sitting before our huge-arse television and literally playing until I pass out, drooling on the couch cushions before waking up and doing it all again, rinse repeat until either I get bored of the game or my controller breaks from falling repeatedly out of my clumsy hands as I lose consciousness. Or I somehow get a job and/or life, but I don't like to speak of such unpleasant things.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:16:10 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #89939 on: November 13, 2015, 01:43:44 pm »

But the console version won't have all sorts of mod shenanigans :P

Indeed. Why would you willingly miss out on the nekked jiggly boobies body mods and skimpy anime clothes? :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 5994 5995 [5996] 5997 5998 ... 11040