Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470715 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #8940 on: May 07, 2012, 09:56:19 pm »

I think I've mentioned this before, but...
Why are cars allowed to drive through the crosswalk area while the pedestrian light is on telling people it's safe to cross? Who designed the intersections around here? ARGH

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8941 on: May 07, 2012, 09:56:27 pm »

I keep my swords locked up so that my three year old doesn't kill me with them while I sleep.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: May 07, 2012, 09:59:02 pm »

I keep my swords locked up and hidden so I don't kill /anyone else/ with them while I sleep.

Stupid sleep-fighting habit. I mean, it's been over a year since the last instance, but better safe than sorry, right?

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #8943 on: May 07, 2012, 10:23:09 pm »

Safe is better, but then again I have a few swords and other sharp things in my room for the purposes of chopping up someone/thing if it tries to break into my house in the middle of the night... just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that something isn't out to get you!!!

EDIT!!! Since noone has posted for a while >.>

Shouldn't a bottle of white wine + 5+ beers put me down for the night? o,.,O The fux?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:34:04 am by GalenEvil »
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: May 08, 2012, 01:37:51 am »

Depends on the actual alcohol %, your constitution and how fast you drank them.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: May 08, 2012, 01:43:10 am »

Safe is better, but then again I have a few swords and other sharp things in my room for the purposes of chopping up someone/thing if it tries to break into my house in the middle of the night... just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that something isn't out to get you!!!

EDIT!!! Since noone has posted for a while >.>

Shouldn't a bottle of white wine + 5+ beers put me down for the night? o,.,O The fux?

For what its worth, unless you are drinking a small amount (eg. one beer), alchohol is actually bad for sleeping, especially once you metabolise it.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: May 08, 2012, 01:47:29 am »

It leads to fragmented sleep, so while it will help you fall asleep short-term, most likely you wont remain so.

I assumed he returned from a party and was surprised at being still awake, though. It's not unusual and is in fact a good idea to remain so and rehydrate yourself before going to bed.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #8947 on: May 08, 2012, 02:00:10 am »

Beer = Budweiser: 12oz @ 5% alcohol x 5
Wine = Oakleaf Chardonnay: A bottle (22-24oz) @ i dunno the content :( Usually gets me good after a bottle so I can sleep (fucking insomnia)

assuming constitution has something to do with metabolism: I have a hummingbird speed metabolism so everything moves through me pretty quickly. Started drinking about 3 hours ago though.

@lemon10: I did not know that. I figured with the awesome fuzzy feeling that wine gives me it was still a good thing. Sometimes my insomnia starts to kick my ass, and this is one of the few legal methods I have to get back into the fight. Otherwise I would just stay up all night and do my gamer thing on my non-internet connected computer or do some screwed up logic on a programming issue that I am trying to work through at the moment.

And to ChairmanPoo since my posts keep getting interrupted: Sadly, no I have not just returned from a party :'( Just now getting some free time to start unwinding from the day (as of 3 hours back) and so drinking because I'm bored and am/was under the impression that it would help me sleep. Based on your statement it seems more likely that it does fragment my sleep as I got only about 4 hours of sleep last night but had attributed that to the really screwed up background noise that I had going on that routinely gives me screwed up dreams >.>

Postscript Edit as I had forgotten a possibly important detail:
The background noise last night was the entire series of Elfen Lied in the original Japenese language. I have had some pretty weird dreams due to it. In the past it has been as far as super graphic AO (ESRB) rated violence, possibly stemming from my watching it 3 episodes a night with English translations for a while, up to night after night horrific AO++++++ rated violence due to my own warped imagination while listening to the entire series repeatedly over several nights in Japanese.

Due to the immediately above I think that I can contextualize a bit more than I can actually read and/or listend to since that kinda screwed up my dreams for nearly a week the last time that I had Elfen Lied on repeat while I slept. Last night was no different, and may have contributed to my getting a minimal functional amount of sleep for the night.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:37:20 am by GalenEvil »
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

bitesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember, FTW is WTF spelled backwards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: May 08, 2012, 09:24:08 am »

Just saw the movie Barton Fink
It only takes a second to show someone how you feel about them. The police call it "indecent exposure", but whatever.
Quote from: I-Ching
You lose your efficacious tortoise, and look at me till your jaw falls down.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #8949 on: May 08, 2012, 09:40:44 am »

Good film. Wierd as fuck, but good.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

bitesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember, FTW is WTF spelled backwards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: May 08, 2012, 09:43:25 am »

Yeah. But still... And then it ends all of a sudden at that beach. No closure, no... you know...
It only takes a second to show someone how you feel about them. The police call it "indecent exposure", but whatever.
Quote from: I-Ching
You lose your efficacious tortoise, and look at me till your jaw falls down.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: May 08, 2012, 10:34:59 am »

I dunno. Apparently, there's a MaximumZero on deviantArt who likes everything I don't.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: May 08, 2012, 11:30:56 am »

Why are cars allowed to drive through the crosswalk area while the pedestrian light is on telling people it's safe to cross? Who designed the intersections around here? ARGH
In the US, at least, pedestrians crossing are supposed to have right-of-way. Unfortunately, some people seem to think that "right-of-way" means "make them a hood ornament".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: May 08, 2012, 11:33:57 am »

In the US, at least, pedestrians crossing are supposed to have right-of-way. Unfortunately, some people seem to think that "right-of-way" means "make them a hood ornament".
Around here its "Outta my Way!"
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 11037