Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5853 5854 [5855] 5856 5857 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467760 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #87810 on: October 15, 2015, 07:47:51 pm »

Aww, I thought it was gonna be strap-on dildos for strapping onto your wang :/
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #87811 on: October 15, 2015, 07:50:01 pm »

I guess that would certainly be very Freudian, probably.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 07:53:46 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #87812 on: October 15, 2015, 07:50:20 pm »

What was that about the yogurt companies and fines?

Yougurt companies (particularly Dannon with their Activia brand) keep getting fined for strongly implying that if you eat their yougurt the batcteria that only they have because they trademarked the name and nobody else can call it that will make you extremely healthy through proper pooping. Because there's no evidence to back up this medical benefit, they keep getting fined and forced to change their ads.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #87813 on: October 15, 2015, 07:53:26 pm »

What was that about the yogurt companies and fines?

Yougurt companies (particularly Dannon with their Activia brand) keep getting fined for strongly implying that if you eat their yougurt the batcteria that only they have because they trademarked the name and nobody else can call it that will make you extremely healthy through proper pooping. Because there's no evidence to back up this medical benefit, they keep getting fined and forced to change their ads.
Doesn't stop them from saying that theirs is the only yogurt with the X bacteria and that it's supposed to a good thing. What kind of good thing? Sorry, not saying because we'll get sued otherwise!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #87814 on: October 15, 2015, 07:55:43 pm »

For what it's worth, caps and whatnot -- basically what you're talking about, just not, like, underslung or something -- have been a thing for a very, very long time. Pretty sure there's some gold ones floating about some museum or another.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #87815 on: October 15, 2015, 08:09:49 pm »

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #87817 on: October 15, 2015, 08:11:18 pm »

Look, if +2 isn't enough masculinity for you, you weren't masculine enough in the first place.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87818 on: October 15, 2015, 09:11:55 pm »

... except yoink, at the least.
I was going to make a somewhat heated response to this, but I haven't been awake all that long and it might not make a lot of sense.
Probably a good idea to have a coffee first.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87819 on: October 15, 2015, 09:39:06 pm »

WHY ARE ALL THESE EMAILS NOW.  I AM TRYING TO SLEEP, MAILING LISTS!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #87820 on: October 15, 2015, 10:04:34 pm »

i just realized that the one game that I want everyone to play, literally everyone, is Yume Nikki.

Not necessarily for a long time; if they get into bed, walk out and get freaked out at the doors, that's fine. I just want everyone to play it at all.

I don't even know why, is the WTF. I have no idea why I think everyone should play that game. I personally love the attention to detail (which is to say the entire game), but I'm not sure why I think everyone should play it.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #87821 on: October 15, 2015, 10:59:23 pm »

I love Yume Nikki, but I feel like you have to discover it for yourself. You have to be in the right mindset to really get the most out of it.

That said, I wish somebody would go to Kickstarter or Greenlight with a game like Yume Nikki, because I'd back the hell out of it. If anybody here is making a surreal mind-trip sightseeing game, you have my support :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87822 on: October 15, 2015, 11:03:48 pm »

I love Yume Nikki, but I feel like you have to discover it for yourself. You have to be in the right mindset to really get the most out of it.

That said, I wish somebody would go to Kickstarter or Greenlight with a game like Yume Nikki, because I'd back the hell out of it. If anybody here is making a surreal mind-trip sightseeing game, you have my support :P

I feel like Yumi Nikki is a game that is better as a Letsplay then it is actually playing... As good as it is...

I can't imagine many people beating it without a guide tattooed to their left eye.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #87823 on: October 15, 2015, 11:12:21 pm »

A lot of the cool stuff you can see in Yume Nikki is actually out of the way from beating the game though.

Spoiler: Seriously old spoilers (click to show/hide)

It's a game more about exploring and getting lost in somebody else's weird dream world. It's rare that I say this, but you're doing the work a disservice if you just watch an LP of it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87824 on: October 15, 2015, 11:13:52 pm »

It's a game more about exploring and getting lost in somebody else's weird dream world. It's rare that I say this, but you're doing the work a disservice if you just watch an LP of it.

I'll remember to say that next time someone complains that a Point and Click is too hard "No you see, the game is about exploring and getting lost in this living world!"

Also no, the Letsplay was quite complete.
Pages: 1 ... 5853 5854 [5855] 5856 5857 ... 11037