Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5821 5822 [5823] 5824 5825 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471376 times)

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #87330 on: October 07, 2015, 08:18:35 pm »

I HAVE 6666 MESSAGES IN MY INBOX!
What to do, what to do...
Regretting the fact that my inbox is now possessed by 10+ Satan's...
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #87331 on: October 07, 2015, 08:19:55 pm »

They're probably from Magus, and he wants you to fight him in his magic basement.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87332 on: October 07, 2015, 08:20:53 pm »

Fixed!  Sorta!  Booted 9+ of them out!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #87333 on: October 07, 2015, 08:21:21 pm »

Fixed!  Sorta!  Booted 9+ of them out!
YAY!
Rubidium has RETURNED!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
`
« Reply #87334 on: October 07, 2015, 08:23:04 pm »

Seriously though, it pissed me off.  I kept anticipating the quick FPS "pull clip away and shove in a new one near instantly", like I could see the reload animation playing in my head, but it never happened.
My first thought when I saw the trailer "How will EA fuck this up?" I learned my answer eventually. (No single player mission, all online, multiplayer only, "on the rails" vehicles ect.)
But, as for the "no reload animation," We reload because we use cartridges that take up space inside of the magazine. Lasers simply use energy, and what you are seeing is a large battery/energy generator."
I'm ok with the concept of that, but they shouldn't be putting what clearly looks like a magazine from a real life gun on their blaster and then not give you the option to reload.

It doesn't even make sense.  If its a long-lasting battery, why make it external like that?  That's not how actual battery operated products in real life work, and if the battery is external it could get hit by a stray bolt and render the entire gun inoperable.  It even sticks out at an awkward angle that might cause the gun to get caught on things unnecessarily.

Also, watching another video, apparently both side's primary weapons are assault-rifle-esque blasters that have projectile tracking and random scatter.  But any rebel can unlock a hitscan (or so fast it makes no difference) sniper rifle that scores a one shot kill on a headshot.  And they still get the same "primary" as everyone else on top of that.  Why did anyone think that was a good idea?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87335 on: October 07, 2015, 08:26:24 pm »

No space battle, no purchase. And fuck Konami!

Or EA, or something, fuck Konami!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #87336 on: October 07, 2015, 08:36:32 pm »

I'm not impressed by the gameplay to be honest.  As someone who isn't super attached to the series.

List of FPS sins so far:
Putting some players in a "high power" role that makes other players cannon fodder (being able to play as Tie Fighters and Darth Vader)
Sniper rifles with no restriction (such as TF2 charge time)+unrestricted access to sniper weapons+hitscan weapons that are higher DPS than non-hitscan weapons
Free and easy access to grenades+AoE weapons that kill for most of their radius
Being forced to stand next to objectives that are easily targetable by OHK attacks like grenades

So yeah.  Almost literally everything I have seen about the game is something that ruins or compromises gameplay in every FPS its included in.  I included "+" markers for related but separate sins.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87337 on: October 07, 2015, 09:00:15 pm »

But you can experience the Battle of Hoth in this one! :P

No space battle, no purchase.
Flip, is that really off the table?  After everyone loved the seamless ground-to-space in the Free Radical version, which got scrapped?
Wow, this is not sounding great.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87338 on: October 07, 2015, 09:01:08 pm »

Saw a video of the new battlefront beta.  Player was on the stormtrooper team.  His blaster had what very much looked like a side mounted magazine, but the game has no reload mechanic that I'm aware of.  This bothered me way more than it should have.
Seriously though, it pissed me off.  I kept anticipating the quick FPS "pull clip away and shove in a new one near instantly", like I could see the reload animation playing in my head, but it never happened.

You do realize that EA didn't design the weapons, right?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So if you're looking for someone to blame, blame the New Hope film crew for using real guns as the base for their prop guns. Most of the infantry weapons have similar appearances (at least in the original trilogy) because pretty much everything was a different conversion of the Sterling. A few that weren't: Leia's pistol was a Vostok Margolin .22LR target pistol with cosmetic changes to the muzzle, a couple of the heavy blasters were based on the MG34 and MG15, the Ion Blaster was a heavily cut down Lee Enfield, stuff like that.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:05:55 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87339 on: October 07, 2015, 09:09:22 pm »

I think the problem is more that they didn't actually *reload* that magazine to reload.  Even though it's obviously a magazine, and they reloaded in other games.  The other Battlefront games even.

I guess it would have been one thing if they'd removed the magazines and given everyone blaster charges, at least it'd be internally consistent, still dumb though.  I've heard some people take the Star Wars canon quite seriously.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87340 on: October 07, 2015, 09:13:16 pm »

I'm pretty hyped for Battlefront.
Obviously the footage so far is a bit clunky, but that's to be expected- it isn't even in beta yet for grisha5's sakes.
That reminds me, doesn't the beta start today? Hmm...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #87341 on: October 07, 2015, 09:16:04 pm »

Flip, is that really off the table?  After everyone loved the seamless ground-to-space in the Free Radical version, which got scrapped?

space battles were friggin awful

they had arbitrary gravity and shit

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87342 on: October 07, 2015, 09:19:51 pm »

space battles were friggin awful

they had arbitrary gravity and shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agcRwGDKulw

Judging by how the original movie worked... Not unusual at all.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #87343 on: October 07, 2015, 11:06:26 pm »

why do i make such interesting things so unappealing

not how, i know exactly how

i just want to know why and why i can't do it any other way

i have a working mouse interface/manual in dwarf fortress (I.E literally everything everyone wants for the game) but it's part of an obscure friggin SCP tycoon mod that maybe one or two people will play

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87344 on: October 08, 2015, 12:07:48 am »

Have you tried extracting it from the other part of the mod then?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 5821 5822 [5823] 5824 5825 ... 11037