Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5704 5705 [5706] 5707 5708 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454474 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #85575 on: September 13, 2015, 12:03:49 pm »

I decided to watch an episode of Ancient Aliens for laughs. The guys who write this crap have clearly never heard the phrase "Occam's Razor" in their lives. It's hilarious how they make these wild guesses with no evidence to back them up, and in most cases with evidence against them.

On the plus side, their obsession with religious artifacts and ancient cultures has given me some brilliant writing/tabletop gaming material.

I once found an article about a mysterious "alien gemstone" which matched, surprisingly closely, an "alien gemstone" item in Bungie's game Pathways Into Darkness.  Yellow glass from space, found in a pyramid.  (Of course it was an Egyptian pyramid instead of Mayan, but pyramid!)
http://www.pleasantmorningbuzz.com/king-tut-and-the-alien-gemstone-728061

Clearly this was proof that PID was prophetic, and therefore the Marathon series was too.
I was mostly joking.  Mostly.
(In my defense, the glass is apparently a scientific curiosity.  It's not (wasn't?) yet known how it arrived on Earth, just that it predates the Egyptian civilization that found it.)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 12:05:44 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85576 on: September 13, 2015, 01:28:22 pm »

There's a geology term for glass formed during lightning strikes... Fuck if I can remember, though.

I like the explody meteor hypothesis.

Now, for really cool extraterrestrial glass, I'd like to see bits of meteorite flash melted and solidified during impact into a glassy substance. Olivine, maybe? It occurs in meteorites, and terrestrially olivine occurs in greens and yellows, but the mineral isn't necessarily translucent. When ejected terrestrially as part of lava, you probably won't see large bits of pure olivine flash cooling; it would be mixed in with the components of every other mineral in the mixture, and at the temperatures olivine is molten that's still quite a few to filter out. Now, you could do it artificially, and that I'd like to see...

Fuck, I really need a geology class to attend or I'll go rock-crazy.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85577 on: September 13, 2015, 01:42:03 pm »

Turtle penis.

That is all.

Do not look it up.

Seriously.

DO NOT LOOK IT UP.

DO NOT LOOK IT UP.

I told you. I TOLD YOU NOT TO LOOK IT UP.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85578 on: September 13, 2015, 01:44:04 pm »

Okay :V
* Sirus has +20 resistance to reverse psychology searchbait nonsense
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85579 on: September 13, 2015, 01:53:59 pm »

There's a geology term for glass formed during lightning strikes... Fuck if I can remember, though.

Petrified lightning is also called fulgurite.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85580 on: September 13, 2015, 01:54:54 pm »

I remember watching the first couple of episodes of Supernatural when they first aired on TV, and it seemed like a passable but relatively generic monster of the week type show. The effects were kinda silly at times, but the writers managed well enough and the cast knew what they were doing.

I saw the most recent episode on someone else's TV today, and it kinda makes me wonder what the fuck happened to it. I looked for an explanation on the internet and what I found left me with more questions than answers.

Edit: And now I need to clear my search history. Stupid turtles.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:02:45 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85581 on: September 13, 2015, 02:07:32 pm »

It went better or worse?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #85582 on: September 13, 2015, 02:15:37 pm »

But...how does it...fit?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85583 on: September 13, 2015, 02:17:18 pm »

It went better or worse?
Worse, in my opinion. They went from unusual-monster-of-the-week to angels-and-demons-all-the-time.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85584 on: September 13, 2015, 02:18:51 pm »

But...how does it...fit?
I guess most of it is needed to get around the female's shell...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #85585 on: September 13, 2015, 02:21:33 pm »

But...how does it...fit?
I guess most of it is needed to get around the female's shell...

Let's just hope nobody engineers duck-turtles.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85586 on: September 13, 2015, 02:23:01 pm »

It went better or worse?
Worse, in my opinion. They went from unusual-monster-of-the-week to angels-and-demons-all-the-time.

Pretty much. Maybe I 'had to be there' but the person watching explained to me that God is dead but might just be missing, and the remaining angels are bringing about the end of time because they're tired of dealing with stuff, and are openly fighting demons. As this is happening, fan service occurs that the person wasn't too keen on telling me about, but still felt it was worth mentioning. I know there's more, but that's all I can remember clearly enough to relate.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #85587 on: September 13, 2015, 02:25:17 pm »

It's doing far better than the various lice and relatives that make habitual use of traumatic insemination. :v

I've studied closeups of those before. They're kind of like a 40K ork decided to design a sexual organ.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85588 on: September 13, 2015, 02:33:43 pm »

I'm pretty sure I've seen images of turtle wang before, but it was a traumatic enough experience that my mind seems to have rejected the memory.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85589 on: September 13, 2015, 02:44:15 pm »

Looked it up but only because it's a neglected avenue of my quest to learn as much as I can about animal penises.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 5704 5705 [5706] 5707 5708 ... 11040