Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5610 5611 [5612] 5613 5614 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463936 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #84165 on: August 28, 2015, 09:49:12 pm »

So, I have just read the dystopian future book known as 1984 (Or 1986, I keep forgetting).
Well.
At least I now know where those thought police and big brother memes came from.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84166 on: August 28, 2015, 10:40:38 pm »

Wow being sober for two weeks is a great way to get drunk fast.
No crazy drunk posts tonight (I'm finally learning) just gonna play Minecraft FTB and/or Final Fantasy V until I get sleepy (:

Also the three hour drive from my mom's place took 5 hours today and I have literally no idea why.  Maybe I got abducted by elves?  Does that mean I'll give birth to a changeling?  I wish I still had that comprehensive book on fae...

Okay so one crazy drunk post but it's tame.  ooh or some Kerbal Space Program zzzzzzzzzzz
Don't do anything you'll regret later, and have fun.  In that order.
;P
TBH I danced to this music video off an on while chatting with friends for about an hour.  Not much videogaming after all, but no regrets!
Hiking vacation (and all the training I did in preparation for it) has made my legs restless, apparently.  I should get a DDR mat...  Old one failed years ago, but I still have the ps2...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84167 on: August 29, 2015, 12:12:43 am »

So a club I'm in was doing a fundraiser by selling grilled cheese to drunk college students on the streets in the city. Then like out of nowhere about 20 cop cars (not even exaggerating) come and just fill the entire block next to us, and block off the street. We decided it was time to split, but I just really want to know what happens that causes that many people to show up. Didn't hear any gunshots, I can't think of anything but like them breaking up a party. Still, crazy.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84168 on: August 29, 2015, 12:19:59 am »

I just sat through the entirety of zombo.com.

What am I doing with my life XD

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #84169 on: August 29, 2015, 12:27:08 am »

Welcome.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84170 on: August 29, 2015, 12:36:28 am »

Anything
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #84171 on: August 29, 2015, 02:30:49 am »

Who thought computer screens with adaptive brightness were a good idea? Seriously, it's not useful, it doesn't save that much battery life, and it doesn't make it easier to use the computer in different light conditions. My screen flashes like a rave any time I scroll down a page too fast or open a new tab (and Heaven forbid I try to play a game with too much color variation). I have to download a bloody tool from AMD to change my GPU settings, because disabling adaptive brightness in three different Windows menus has done nothing to stop the adaptive brightness. If I ever find the person who invented screens with adaptive brightness, I will flash an LED in their eye until they are blind.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #84172 on: August 29, 2015, 02:58:10 am »

And here I am, post depressing conversation number 3 or 4 or so. That despite the fact, that a not THAT bad job in all honesty was borderline killing me through stress since I just can't take people or that sort of environment. I'm going to likely have to toss myself back into such despite knowing now I'm not cut out for it at all, just to make the people I live with at least somewhat happy.

I am so close to just giving up entirely, nothing I do makes anyone happy, especially not me. I would of gave up already as is if I wasn't so afraid what that would do to everyone I care about.

And you know, even if I do this I don't know if the stress will be fatal this time.

Edit:Why did I post this in the WTF thread... I guess I'm not thinking straight.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:04:11 am by Gunner-Chan »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84173 on: August 29, 2015, 03:03:19 am »

Who thought computer screens with adaptive brightness were a good idea? Seriously, it's not useful, it doesn't save that much battery life, and it doesn't make it easier to use the computer in different light conditions. My screen flashes like a rave any time I scroll down a page too fast or open a new tab (and Heaven forbid I try to play a game with too much color variation). I have to download a bloody tool from AMD to change my GPU settings, because disabling adaptive brightness in three different Windows menus has done nothing to stop the adaptive brightness. If I ever find the person who invented screens with adaptive brightness, I will flash an LED in their eye until they are blind.
The only adaptive brightness on my computer is in my monitor settings, which are easily disabled by going through the monitor menu. Why would anyone put it on software end, is beyond me.
._.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #84174 on: August 29, 2015, 03:23:32 am »

The only adaptive brightness on my computer is in my monitor settings, which are easily disabled by going through the monitor menu. Why would anyone put it on software end, is beyond me.

It's featured in Windows settings twice, under "Battery Saver" (a Windows 10 thing) and again under the "Power Plan" feature. And as mentioned, it's also a setting on my GPU via the AMD Catalyst program. Is this a common thing on modern laptops?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:25:24 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #84175 on: August 29, 2015, 03:27:45 am »

do you know how GODDAMN AWFUL it is to know spoilers that you can't talk about with the person you talk about everything with

usually i like spoilers for certain things because you don't have to spend dozens of hours on retreading to find brilliant foreshadowing etc.

but man when you have realizations about things at the time and have to keep your mouth shut it's pretty bad dude

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #84176 on: August 29, 2015, 03:44:48 am »

It's even worse when you are trying to sell a show or a movie or anything really to someone and it's amazing because of the spoilers, that you can't share. So you're stuck over excitedly trying to explain why something is amazing without actually saying why it's amazing :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84177 on: August 29, 2015, 03:50:54 am »

A not THAT bad job in all honesty was borderline killing me through stress since I just can't take people or that sort of environment.

I have a job which gives me four hour night shifts twice a week. Usually all at the same time, so I work 12am-4am Friday-Monday and then have the other two weeks off.
From that job, I make about ~$300-500 a fortnight. Not great, but enough to live off. (CoLiving is higher here)
Because I'm much the same. This gives me enough money to continue living, and gives me enough free time that I can de-stress on my pseudo-holiday before the next bout.

I imagine that there'll end up being an issue where I actually need to continue progressing my life forwards, but for a holding pattern, it's rather acceptable.

So- Have you thought of doing a job like that? Casual shelf-stacking at wallmart or something?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #84178 on: August 29, 2015, 04:32:45 am »

How the hell do you live of $500 dollars a fortnight? Or did I parse that wrong?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84179 on: August 29, 2015, 04:34:50 am »

How the hell do you live of $500 dollars a fortnight? Or did I parse that wrong?

Probably. That's a bit over minimum wage in my state. After taxes, my bi-weekly check is around $450.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 5610 5611 [5612] 5613 5614 ... 11040