Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5573 5574 [5575] 5576 5577 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14455742 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #83610 on: August 19, 2015, 01:15:33 pm »

...I just heard of a recent case of a 15-year-old raping and robbing an elderly woman. In a church. Somehow. Words fail to express the pure WTF.

Link O_o?

Edit: wait, you heard it. Nvm
I checked on the 'webz, but all the links I could provide are in Polish, so...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83611 on: August 19, 2015, 01:18:02 pm »

Sounds like a job for google translate.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83612 on: August 19, 2015, 01:21:11 pm »

...I just heard of a recent case of a 15-year-old raping and robbing an elderly woman. In a church. Somehow. Words fail to express the pure WTF.

Link O_o?

Edit: wait, you heard it. Nvm
I checked on the 'webz, but all the links I could provide are in Polish, so...

I can understand bit of Polish language, Slovakian slav here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83613 on: August 19, 2015, 02:15:36 pm »

... the somehow, for what it's worth, isn't really surprising. Most churches I've seen have plenty of nooks and crannies, as well as many opportunities to isolate someone. Add in a sizable population of elderly (who by and large can't defend themselves, run away, or often even call for help) and you've got pretty good (so to speak) conditions for that sort of thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #83614 on: August 19, 2015, 02:17:48 pm »

Well, if you are interested...

Grabbed the first link off the top of a search, there's a whole bunch of news reports on that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83615 on: August 19, 2015, 02:27:54 pm »

My internet connection is faster than my browser cache. Uncached images display faster than cached ones.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #83616 on: August 19, 2015, 03:15:41 pm »

My internet connection is faster than my browser cache. Uncached images display faster than cached ones.
Google Fiber?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #83617 on: August 19, 2015, 03:34:06 pm »

Oh dear god the 504s are back.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #83618 on: August 19, 2015, 03:55:18 pm »

Getting close to release time, I'd say.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83619 on: August 19, 2015, 04:06:53 pm »

Doubt it's gonna happen until late December, at earliest.  I'm guessing Toady would want a version out by the end of the year, but it's not unheard of for a year to go by without a major release.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83620 on: August 19, 2015, 04:07:54 pm »

Oh dear god the 504s are back.
Are you sure?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #83621 on: August 19, 2015, 04:08:47 pm »

They seem to have faded. The 504s kept stopping me from posting that when they were at their worst.

Doubt it's gonna happen until late December, at earliest.  I'm guessing Toady would want a version out by the end of the year, but it's not unheard of for a year to go by without a major release.
Didn't he say that there was only really one issue left to cover?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:10:18 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83622 on: August 19, 2015, 04:11:53 pm »

They seem to have faded. The 504s kept stopping me from posting that when they were at their worst.

Didn't he say that there was only really one issue left to cover?

Well, who knows how long one issue can take.  Then there's the pre-release bugfixing.

I've been here a long time.  People have said time and time again that the next release is just around the corner, and then say the same thing eight months later.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83623 on: August 19, 2015, 04:58:51 pm »

There was an episode of Bones on. I haven't really seen it before but detective things are always good right? Well there were consistent irrelevant cutaways to two of the characters trying to buy a house, and the main plot was mostly incoherent. It started off with a cryptographic message made by rearranging a skeleton which is pretty cool, but then decided to dive off the deep end by having a government computer get infected by a computer worm due to some etchings on bones it was scanning, and then a man under house arrest committing two murders and sending orders through from the top of the FBI's organisational structure. Oh and he did all this while not being allowed a functioning computer.
Did I mention that the show didn't even have any conclusion? Just left it there.

What kind of mystery story is this, utter horseshit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #83624 on: August 19, 2015, 05:05:54 pm »

decided to dive off the deep end by having a government computer get infected by a computer worm due to some etchings on bones it was scanning
This is why you sanitize your database inputs.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 5573 5574 [5575] 5576 5577 ... 11040