Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5335 5336 [5337] 5338 5339 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454612 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #80040 on: June 29, 2015, 03:12:44 pm »

Snip. Kittens+Icecream.

Out of curiosity, what is it that you do?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 03:15:11 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #80041 on: June 29, 2015, 03:13:39 pm »

Dequote, please.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #80042 on: June 29, 2015, 03:14:14 pm »

Truean was(IIRC) a lawyer. Dunno if they still are, I vaguely recall mention of quitting.
Dequote, please.
Oh, and that too.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #80043 on: June 29, 2015, 04:09:05 pm »

Hey. Yup, still am. Frankly, it's complicated. I got slandered badly by somebody who got convicted for lots of lovely crimes of dishonesty, falsehood, etc and other similar categorical terms of similar import. Thus, I did a whole bunch of work (and got very good results overall) but was not really paid crap, if at all. I did tell a few people I wouldn't work for them anymore and it's a good thing cause it turns out they were corrupt as all hell. Some of them are in prison, others have the IRS on them, others went bankrupt, and still others had other bad things happen as a result of their actions. Sadly, I actually can't give a bunch of details, even in job interviews, privileged info, confidentiality agreements, etc.

Thus, I'm looking for other areas to work in, but still do some work legally.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:11:08 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80044 on: June 29, 2015, 08:11:08 pm »

My mom hates her coworker. She should just boot her already.

This person barely does shit to help during work, and is more content to hide in the bathroom while playing on her phone. She makes up reasons not to work, never pays a penny towards work supplies or towards gas or car maintenance so that the two can actually work, and constantly lies. She is also the one with no concept of personal hygiene, constantly smelling terrible and wearing the same stained outfits for weeks on end.

She bums money from everyone, pretending to be incredibly poor, while going out and spending money on frivolous things. If people were to talk to her about anything, she would have a different story for everyone. We know this because my mom routinely shares stories with several other people to see when she is lying or not.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80045 on: June 29, 2015, 09:20:13 pm »

Bear with me for a moment here. Are people supposed to pronounce the word "finale" like [finah-ley]? Because I was very sure it was [fin-ahl], like in French?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80046 on: June 29, 2015, 09:22:26 pm »

Yeah, [finah-ley].
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #80047 on: June 29, 2015, 09:29:23 pm »

https://www.google.com/search?q=define+finale

there's a pronunciation whosit there

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #80048 on: June 29, 2015, 09:30:55 pm »

So Red Orchestra 2 has been sitting in my steam library, untested for a while and I decided to try it.  And...

Ok, can we talk about this?  You're a soldier in a war zone, you hear a whizz.  Unbeknownst to you, a bullet just flew by about 12 inches from your head.  But its not a tracer so you don't see it, and it didn't hit anything nearby so you don't hear a ricochet.  All you hear was the sound of a bullet, in a noisy war zone.  You know it was sort of close to you, but you don't know how close.  You don't even know which side fired it.  You're a real life soldier.  What do you do?

According to the devs for this game, you stop moving, give up all hope, and start hyperventilating.  Your vision goes red.  You can't aim.  You can't think.  OH GOD A WHIZZING SOUND, WHAT WILL I DO!?!?!?!?!?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #80049 on: June 30, 2015, 12:27:39 am »

Why do corporations try to pretend that they have deep-rooted principles? I mean, I know why, they think that more personable = more brand loyalty = more profit. But I don't get why they think it works. I know that Applebee's (random example from a recent advert) doesn't care about the American spirit or freedom or whatever their ad is trying to say. That ad was written by marketing experts that were hired by businessmen for the express purpose of making more money, not because Applebee's cares about the American spirit and just wanted to share that message with the world. "Applebee's" isn't even an entity except in stupid American law which says that multibillion-dollar corporations count as people. Applebee's is a logo, a name, some recipes and some buildings, not some benevolent patriot that conveniently attaches his name to a restaurant chain.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80050 on: June 30, 2015, 12:37:45 am »

So Red Orchestra 2 has been sitting in my steam library, untested for a while and I decided to try it.  And...

Ok, can we talk about this?  You're a soldier in a war zone, you hear a whizz.  Unbeknownst to you, a bullet just flew by about 12 inches from your head.  But its not a tracer so you don't see it, and it didn't hit anything nearby so you don't hear a ricochet.  All you hear was the sound of a bullet, in a noisy war zone.  You know it was sort of close to you, but you don't know how close.  You don't even know which side fired it.  You're a real life soldier.  What do you do?

According to the devs for this game, you stop moving, give up all hope, and start hyperventilating.  Your vision goes red.  You can't aim.  You can't think.  OH GOD A WHIZZING SOUND, WHAT WILL I DO!?!?!?!?!?

Yeah, that mechanic is annoying.

But it's fucking nothing in comparison to never being able to play anything except Rifleman because the same group of people who load maps a little bit faster than everyone else fill all the limited slots all match, every match.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 03:22:39 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80051 on: June 30, 2015, 01:00:23 am »

Why do corporations try to pretend that they have deep-rooted principles? I mean, I know why, they think that more personable = more brand loyalty = more profit. But I don't get why they think it works. I know that Applebee's (random example from a recent advert) doesn't care about the American spirit or freedom or whatever their ad is trying to say. That ad was written by marketing experts that were hired by businessmen for the express purpose of making more money, not because Applebee's cares about the American spirit and just wanted to share that message with the world. "Applebee's" isn't even an entity except in stupid American law which says that multibillion-dollar corporations count as people. Applebee's is a logo, a name, some recipes and some buildings, not some benevolent patriot that conveniently attaches his name to a restaurant chain.
Because marketing is literally brainwashing, mind control and propaganda. That's why.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #80052 on: June 30, 2015, 03:49:04 am »

Now I actually wonder how well a brutally honest corporation would fare.

"Our burgers aren't free range or some bullshit like that, they come from slave labors in Ethiopia. But they're cheap!"
"We don't actually give a shit about gay marriage but we're going to air a pro-LGBT short and then tell you to buy some chips. You're welcome, LGBTs."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #80053 on: June 30, 2015, 04:00:02 am »

Actually, one did. Can't recall the name, but it was some big US based chain of stores or something.

They got a new CEO who decided that they wouldn't be shitheads with the marked up prices, the eternal sales and limited offers and generally all the scummy stuff that goes on in retail that most people don't even know is happening.

It went terribly, cost the company a bunch and they had to revert pretty much all the policy changes to the less customer friendly ones.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #80054 on: June 30, 2015, 04:12:15 am »

Yep. JCPenny's. Great practices morally, financial suicide.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 5335 5336 [5337] 5338 5339 ... 11040