Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5334 5335 [5336] 5337 5338 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454690 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #80025 on: June 29, 2015, 08:09:53 am »

We could turn it into a brewing thread. I'd like a few pointers on making cider, for example.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #80026 on: June 29, 2015, 08:22:42 am »

For some reason every business on the street where I parked was closed today, except for the bank, which (equally strangely) was open.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #80027 on: June 29, 2015, 08:28:42 am »

We could turn it into a brewing thread. I'd like a few pointers on making cider, for example.

That's relatively simple. Your main ingredients are cash and a liquor store. It's made by walking into the liquor store, slamming the money on the counter and saying "CIDER! GIMME!"
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #80028 on: June 29, 2015, 09:07:58 am »

• Make sure that homebrewing alcohol is legal in your country. Please don't break any law.
  • Get a container and fill it with fruit juice of your choice.
  • Add some sugar, salt and yeast. Close the container to be as airtight as you can. Shake to mix.
  • Place the container in a dark, warm place and surround it with a circle of salt.
  • Wait up to two weeks depending on desired alcohol content.
  • Add some raisins, wait and let them absorb the yeast.
  • Once the raisins are floating in the cider, it's done.
  • Remove raisins, refrigerate.
  • Pour into a glass, enjoy.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #80029 on: June 29, 2015, 09:09:52 am »

Is the circle of salt there to ward off booze stealing demons or something?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #80030 on: June 29, 2015, 09:11:33 am »

Probably to kill gnomes

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #80031 on: June 29, 2015, 09:42:39 am »

Is the circle of salt there to ward off booze stealing demons or something?
In a manner of speaking, yes.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80032 on: June 29, 2015, 09:47:04 am »

Darn booze stealing slug demons.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80033 on: June 29, 2015, 10:46:59 am »

Played DND until 5AM, then played a little Skyrim before bed.  Need to make a new character for next session.

Dreamed I was the dragonborn, also a hill dwarf.  Shortly after discovering my powers, dragons attacked our aboveground market fair.  Dozens of dwarves rushed to tiny natural caves to hide.  It was kinda like that scene in Watership Down except it actually worked out fine.  But it was still traumatic and gave my character claustrophobia, so she set out to join our DND party.  She also had this line of of piercings over her bald head kinda like a metal mohawk.  I remember thinking "DF dwarves are so weird" and approaching Windhelm as I woke up.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #80034 on: June 29, 2015, 10:50:05 am »

A dwarf with claustrophobia.  Tragic.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80035 on: June 29, 2015, 12:11:07 pm »

So i decided to install some games i got in various bundles but never got around playing...

So i installed Sonic & all-stars racing transformed.
I expected a slew of sonic and other characters from sega owned IPs.
So i entered into the character select screen and died laughing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well apparently relic and thus Company of heroes belongh to sega...

But its a guy... in a rather bulky vehicle shouting things like "Not one step back!", "we do it for the people!" and "URAAAAAAAAAA!"
Of course there are many other weird characters there but damn this guy cracked me up by merely existing in this game.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80037 on: June 29, 2015, 12:43:28 pm »

i've seen that one before. I agree that it is neat. Still not purpetual motion though. The magnets will eventually demagnetize, and or a bearing will give out.

I notice that their tabletop brass version has a "regenerating" magnet on a spring at the bottom.

I had an idea for a modified version of this thing that has 3 tracks of magnets on the same tube, offset by 60 degrees, so that at any one time, only one drive magnet is being "pulled away" to diminish the field strength so that it can get passed the energy "hill" of the narrow part of the track.

That would give a "smooth" rate of rotation without the stutter that moving the drive magnet would cause.

I still dont believe in purpetual motion. This is just a neat toy.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80038 on: June 29, 2015, 12:53:37 pm »

There's a followup series of videos by some guy who recreated the toy in fact, and he finds that it does not work as advertised. (surprise). He says that the device needs to have a 100 PSI stream of air blowing over it to keep it running.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #80039 on: June 29, 2015, 01:57:31 pm »

Paid (garnished) pathetically low amount from client I sued for payment, years later. Issues (3):

1.) People don't want a professional, they want Aladdin's Genie and unlimited wishes.
2.) People fight over blame instead of solutions
3.) People cry like 2 year olds seeking emotional comfort and world alteration with just as little success.

I used to be largely able to manage emotional issues. Now I've sadly become stressed and taken on other people's piss poor habits in that regard sometimes. [shrugs]. Having a fairly difficult time dealing with other people's emotional problems being dumped on me while they insist they aren't doing exactly that.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:10:15 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 5334 5335 [5336] 5337 5338 ... 11040