Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5326 5327 [5328] 5329 5330 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460680 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #79905 on: June 28, 2015, 04:38:29 am »

I think you're becoming nocturnal.
Yoink does not drink... wine.

He prefers beer.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #79906 on: June 28, 2015, 05:10:14 am »

I just randomly found out homeopathy advocates... advocate (for lack of a better word) using *arsenic* for chronic fatigue. I guess it would guarantee a long, long rest, but the dosage they use is way too low for that.

Iirc, arsenic in low doses, at least in the initial stages of use, causes renewed energeticity (or whatever the English word is). Which is probably where it's use as a "medicine" comes from.

I might be mistaking it's history for quicksilver's, though.
Love, scriver~

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79907 on: June 28, 2015, 05:59:54 am »

No, you're right - in fact it's addictive and used to be used as a drug. It makes you look better, too!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79908 on: June 28, 2015, 09:23:39 am »

My WTF: just woke up at 5PM again. I don't feel too tired this time, at least.
I've found that day-sleeping is easy to get into- but it feels strangely nice to get out of afterwards.

I woke at 4:00am this morning. I'm working until 4:00am tomorrow.
I've stayed up days and nights before bit for some reason this is so very different.
In a really bad way.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79909 on: June 28, 2015, 11:01:38 am »

Spent 4 hours the other day sitting on my ass, due to a screwup with my paperwork involving a "formality" with the Department of Homeland Security, meaning that, until the paperwork was fixed, it was illegal for me to be working. This required a call to the corporate headquarters, located in Bellevue, Washington(yes, the opposite side of the continent), which I had to wait until they were open for that to happen.

The next week is going to be fun. Because of a big sale, I get only one day off in between weeks, and I have to go in an extra hour early. But then I do get a 3-day next weekend instead.

I am also finding several shirts where I work designed by some idiot who hates Obama. One shirt of note, which also shows the designer is a moron, has a picture of George W. Bush, with the caption "Miss me yet?". Given that Bush's Constitution-mandated term limit was up, and he left office with poor approval ratings(plus: two wars, a multi-billion dollar deficit, etc), I'd say the answer is no, I don't.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79910 on: June 28, 2015, 11:08:09 am »

Sorry, but I see both the obaminator and the shrub as undesirable.

Obama expanded on the warrantless wiretapping policies of the shrub, proactively got the US involved in two more conflicts in the middle east (Libya and Egypt) has increased the national debt far more profoundly than the shrub did, campaigned to get replacements for the patriot act provisions for warantless wiretapping after they expired, and has yet to close gitmo.

When comparing too pieces of shit, the only thing I have to say is that both are filthy.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79911 on: June 28, 2015, 11:09:54 am »

Just watched a TV advert where people would drink the advertised product and do what I can only describe as breaking out into explosive white diarrhoea.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79912 on: June 28, 2015, 11:12:06 am »

Obama expanded on the warrantless wiretapping policies of the shrub, proactively got the US involved in two more conflicts in the middle east (Libya and Egypt) has increased the national debt far more profoundly than the shrub did, campaigned to get replacements for the patriot act provisions for warantless wiretapping after they expired, and has yet to close gitmo.

When comparing too pieces of shit, the only thing I have to say is that both are filthy.

Its like breeding racehorses.

When you have a system that rewards bastards, the biggest bastards rise to the top. The magnitude of each subsequent bastard might be different, but half a bastard is still a bastard.
This is a blank sig.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79913 on: June 28, 2015, 11:13:30 am »

Perhaps, but to have missed Bush, one must consider the idea that people actually liked him anywhere near the end.

Actually, it's just like cooking beans: the scum rises to the top, the more gaseous, the faster.
One wheel short of a wagon

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79914 on: June 28, 2015, 11:25:23 am »

You DO realize that the obaminator's approval rating is currently not much better than the Shrub's, right?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

(Currently at 45%, with all time low of 35%.)

With the shrub's approval rating--
http://www.gallup.com/poll/116500/presidential-approval-ratings-george-bush.aspx

at 35% in second term, with all time low of 25%.

In both cases, more than half the country hates them.

I think the Pieces of Shit analogy applies-- One is just slightly juicier than the other.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79915 on: June 28, 2015, 11:26:46 am »

I don't see why Obama being bad currently means that you would miss Bush though. Surely most people would rather have neither.

EDIT: Also I don't think that "hates" is the right word, since it's a binary choice between approve or not.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #79916 on: June 28, 2015, 11:27:28 am »

Don't forget pushing the Transpacific Partnership and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership

That said, if we had elected a Republican they would have done all that AND obstructed gay rights

I don't see why Obama being bad currently means that you would miss Bush though. Surely most people would rather have neither.

I'm still waiting for Caligula's horse to run

EDIT:
No pun intended
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:29:09 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #79917 on: June 28, 2015, 11:28:29 am »

What a shocking difference that wouldn't have made

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79918 on: June 28, 2015, 11:29:41 am »

The point was that Shrub is just in the position of having come first.

If Obaminator had come first, we would be in the exact same position, but instead of a "Miss me yet?" shirt with shrub on it, it would be graced with the likeness of the Obaminator.

Pot-- meet kettle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #79919 on: June 28, 2015, 11:35:35 am »

Popularity contests over function, yay
Pages: 1 ... 5326 5327 [5328] 5329 5330 ... 11040