Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5291 5292 [5293] 5294 5295 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14479441 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #79380 on: June 20, 2015, 09:03:48 pm »

I didn't do that. If I made a mistake, tell me instead of assuming I'm an asshole.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #79381 on: June 20, 2015, 11:56:12 pm »

Had a moment of weird pain as my plane made its descent yesterday. It was like someone pricking me with needles all along the ridge of my eyebrow. I've had pressure headaches from flights before, but nothing like this.

After it passed it felt like the ridge above my eyebrow was swollen even though it wasn't. That part of my head/face continued to feel weird/kinda numb all day afterward. Interesting what preceded it was a sudden, completely uncontrollable set of sneezes like I inhaled something. Couple minutes later they start the descent, and I feel like I'm having a stroke.

Today I wake up and I've got a nice, throbbing sinus headache that radiates from that exact spot. Reading up on it apparently it's called Barosinutitus, where your sinuses fail to equalize the pressure as it changes and part of your sinuses effectively trap the pressure within, causing distracting, ongoing headaches. There's medicine to get your sinuses to open up (i've already tried everything I know, from nasal decongestants to breathing in steam for a few minutes. Sudafed is barely even making a dent in it.) Failing the medicine, they'll basically need to go in and force the sinus passage open.

I'm sure that privilege will cost me several hundred dollars if the drugs don't work (can't see a doctor until Monday.) At this point though, I don't care. I can't focus on anything much, I'm constantly distracted from this pressure in my head and sleeping just seems to make it worse/more noticeable. I'm going a little crazy here as nothing is even giving me the illusion of relief. It's not bad enough to completely debilitate me, but it's just enough to leave me feeling like doing exactly nothing except try and distract myself from it. I'm not playing games for fun right now, more because it's the only thing taking my mind off it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 12:42:02 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #79382 on: June 21, 2015, 03:26:45 am »

Oh wow, I can imagine. I flew next to a guy with a bad head cold a couple years back and he described landing as 'the worst experience of his life'. Good luck, and I hope you don't have to pay through the nose for your doctor, as it were.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79383 on: June 21, 2015, 04:19:54 am »

I think if there is probably one thing I love it is performing hypnosis on people.

I had to put it on pause because I never perform sessions while I am in a bad mood (it hurts the session) but I am finally back to it!

Someone's cell phone rang during a session and they started swearing. I laughed.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79384 on: June 21, 2015, 04:49:41 am »

You're a pretty strange dude, Neo.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79385 on: June 21, 2015, 05:40:07 am »

You're a pretty strange dude, Neo.

I am saddened by the fact that my prime motivator beyond anything else is just for people to be happy with me.

Hypnosis likely fulfills that because, well, people tend to be quite grateful to anyone who can spend 30 minutes to an hour making their stress go away, or feel like they are floating, or hallucinate an out of body experience.

I am just ashamed that deep down I am probably shameless in how much I crave positive attention and how little I often care about my own feelings if they are pitted against someone elses. I cheer up with glowing praise, if I am not crushed by the stress of keeping it up, and am crushed by even the slightest hint of displeasing someone.

I shouldn't make posts after an all nighter. I have a feeling these are the sort of things I am not supposed to reveal to a forum... but I can't seem to find anything inherently wrong with what I am saying.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 05:44:04 am by Neonivek »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #79386 on: June 21, 2015, 08:13:03 am »

The desire for acceptance is a trait innate to most (though not all) humans. It's nothing all that strange.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #79387 on: June 21, 2015, 09:25:18 am »

I just spent the entire day trying to make my mods work in skyrim. Send help.

I spent several actally.  Are you using mod orginizer? If not just start over and use that. Keeps a virtual data directory and keels your install clean.

Scrubs. Spent 3 weeks trying to make mods work together in Skyrim.
Still don't work.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #79388 on: June 21, 2015, 09:29:47 am »

I don't think you can really call anyone scrubs if yours didn't work after a month. Mashing mods together isn't even really that hard anymore with the post morrowind games anyway.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #79389 on: June 21, 2015, 09:30:47 am »

Mashing mods together isn't even really that hard anymore with the post morrowind games anyway.
lies

mashing Bethesda mods together is literally hitler

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #79390 on: June 21, 2015, 09:53:44 am »

German cases are on acid. And people complain that English doesn't make sense. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #79391 on: June 21, 2015, 09:55:23 am »

I actually liked Latin cases (and the tenses), but German just confuses me.
Dutch spelling may be ass, but at least our grammar isn't very hard.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #79392 on: June 21, 2015, 10:01:40 am »

Yeah, same impression, German casing seems entirely arbitrary to me.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79393 on: June 21, 2015, 10:03:21 am »

Cases, as in verbs? I could understand gender confusion, but the German cases are fairly straightforward I think.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #79394 on: June 21, 2015, 10:06:48 am »

I think he means the nominative, accusative, etc

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 5291 5292 [5293] 5294 5295 ... 11037