Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5271 5272 [5273] 5274 5275 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14486885 times)

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #79080 on: June 16, 2015, 07:34:02 am »

Hasn't everyone been waiting for a remake of that for like 18+ years?
FTFY

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #79081 on: June 16, 2015, 07:37:11 am »

People have been waiting for a remake since the dawn of time.

Quote from: Genesis
In the beginning, God said, "LET THERE BE A FF7 REMAKE"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79082 on: June 16, 2015, 07:40:05 am »

FF7's horse has been beaten so hard it probably came back from hell or something. Seriously, you'd be hard pressed to find any other game/plot/series that has been milked this much, and nearly every game that came out of it was terrible with maybe crisis core being the sole exception (and even then, it wasn't that great).

IMHO, a Final Fantasy Tactics game has been highly anticipated for a good while now too, so why no FFT sequel thing? I dont care for any FF JRPG as much as I care about FFT :C
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:45:21 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #79083 on: June 16, 2015, 07:59:24 am »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:19:20 pm by penguinofhonor »

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79084 on: June 16, 2015, 07:59:44 am »

Crisis Core made me regret buying a PSP.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79085 on: June 16, 2015, 08:08:31 am »

Admitelly, my bar for FF7 based games was set so low after I played dirge of cerberus, that crisis core seemed good in comparison :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #79086 on: June 16, 2015, 08:30:39 am »

I could go for an FF6 remake, m'self. Something with a bit more depth to it than the iOS graphical changes. And something retaining Kefka's loveable, Woolseyan charm. In other words, a pipe dream.

Still, as far as targets go, FF7 isn't a terrible choice, as long as they don't pull a George Lucas with it and start adding features for the sake of it or mucking with things that don't benefit from changing. It was actually a pretty good game, and if I had the relevant console and television set I might actually buy it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79087 on: June 16, 2015, 09:13:33 am »

I could go for an FF6 remake, m'self. Something with a bit more depth to it than the iOS graphical changes. And something retaining Kefka's loveable, Woolseyan charm. In other words, a pipe dream.
This reminds me of a certain FF6 fan-translation project: These guys insisted that Kefka's real, weeaboo-approved name is actually – DUN DUN DUUUN – Cefca! It was revolutionary! (I wonder if they ever finished the project...)

Still, 'Woolseyan' is an adjective now? Great!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #79088 on: June 16, 2015, 09:16:57 am »

A FF6 remake honestly sounds like a pocket nightmare, to me. They... they just need to leave anything before 7 alone, imo. The DS stuff was bad enough.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #79089 on: June 16, 2015, 09:34:07 am »

I admit: I'd rather have nothing than a bad remake.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #79090 on: June 16, 2015, 09:56:29 am »

... on the other hand, I am now morbidly curious how they would handle gratuitous glowing nudity form Terra.

Though it looks like dissidia already did that. Hrm. And are apparently coming out with a higher resolution one fairly soon. Neat(?).

Now I know, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79091 on: June 16, 2015, 11:00:36 am »

On the Windows Volume Mixer, right
There are buttons to mute programs, it's great, basically only upgrade from 2000 I care about
CK2 doesn't have a mute button
mousing over highlights an empty square
clicking does nothing
why
y
?
Every version of windows I've installed has had a few core windows functions that work badly for no particular reason.  This current one I'm using often won't let me minimize full screen apps unless I trick it into letting me by opening task manager, but task manager then helpfully informs me that its using a quarter of the CPU so I have to close it.  My laptop takes forever to open task manager or connect to the internet, and sometimes some part of windows jams up and the quickbar and a few other windows things freeze even though none of the individual programs have frozen.

*shrugs*
Same. Lemme guess, Windows 8?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #79092 on: June 16, 2015, 01:32:57 pm »

I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I actually have social skills now: I just politely deflected a friend from making a phone call that would have significantly inconvenienced me, and he didn't seem offended. On the other hand, that did involve lying to him and that's something I need to not do in social interactions. Falling back on tricking people who think they know you is so easy...  :-\

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #79093 on: June 16, 2015, 01:50:30 pm »

On the Windows Volume Mixer, right
There are buttons to mute programs, it's great, basically only upgrade from 2000 I care about
CK2 doesn't have a mute button
mousing over highlights an empty square
clicking does nothing
why
y
?
Every version of windows I've installed has had a few core windows functions that work badly for no particular reason.  This current one I'm using often won't let me minimize full screen apps unless I trick it into letting me by opening task manager, but task manager then helpfully informs me that its using a quarter of the CPU so I have to close it.  My laptop takes forever to open task manager or connect to the internet, and sometimes some part of windows jams up and the quickbar and a few other windows things freeze even though none of the individual programs have frozen.

*shrugs*
Same. Lemme guess, Windows 8?
One of them is, the other is windows 7 but its a really old franken-computer.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #79094 on: June 16, 2015, 01:59:47 pm »

A FF6 remake honestly sounds like a pocket nightmare, to me. They... they just need to leave anything before 7 alone, imo. The DS stuff was bad enough.

FFIV DS was a masterpiece.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 5271 5272 [5273] 5274 5275 ... 11037