Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5239 5240 [5241] 5242 5243 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14494596 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #78600 on: June 08, 2015, 11:00:49 am »

Trying to find a way to an appointment tomorrow. As far as I can tell, I'll need to take three buses, but I can't tell for sure since the bus company's map is seriously inaccurate. That certainly would explain the quality of the bus service in this area, but it doesn't help me. I know it's near a place I've been to before, but I don't remember the area well enough to walk, plus I don't remember which bus will take me there.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78601 on: June 08, 2015, 11:05:32 am »

I finished watching Neon Genesis Evangelion the other night. I think that counts, right? Though, frankly, I wasn't horribly distraught about the ending, or the themes, given my interest in existentialism and the half-bottle of wine caressing my brain. Still, even with the mental power tools that is TvTropes, my brain feels like a disaster zone with all the gunk I have to sift through to make sense of it.

It's close to how much of a loop House of Leaves threw me for. Yaaaigh.
Make sure to watch End of Evangelion as well, so you can have an ending that isn't the animated expression of Anno having a breakdown.

Yea, the original evangelion is just shinji being a huge baby and literally ruining everything due to vague reasons related to poor parenting and sexual tension, while the other characters clearly have issues but are at least functional. It shifts the focus from the cool sci fi setting and puts way too much importance in how terrible the characters are.

Its like "hey, look! Mechs! Aliens! Mechs that are aliens except not! Cross shaped explosions! Strange references to christianity and judaism! Fanservice! Harem animu! Now forget all that and lets see how shinji deals with his hormones and mean daddy".
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 11:07:35 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78602 on: June 08, 2015, 11:42:38 am »

More insanity in my day. Now, I'm seeing a short, looping ad video on a webpage that, every single time it loops, causes the page to scroll exactly to it for several seconds, preventing scrolling away. There is a pause button on the video, which does absolutely nothing. And even crashing the Flash plugin that enables to even exist on a webpage doesn't even do anything.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78603 on: June 08, 2015, 01:13:09 pm »

Someone's pet pigeon has decided that my garden is a nice place to chill. It's perfectly tame and looks to be fine, it just would rather hang around here than go wherever it's supposed to be.
It must be broken. This is the opposite of homing.
Managed to get it to hold still enough to read a phone number off its tag. It's meant to be about 80 km away from here. Must be either new or lazy,
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78604 on: June 08, 2015, 03:02:13 pm »

Pet birb.
Cuddle birb.
Snuggle birb.
Profit

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78605 on: June 08, 2015, 03:04:08 pm »

Think it's flown off now. Only took three hours.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #78606 on: June 08, 2015, 05:53:01 pm »

It got a breast cramp, you see. Could be fatal to fly with a cramped breast.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #78607 on: June 08, 2015, 11:31:35 pm »

https://vimeo.com/129896765

My WTF is more a reaction of amazement. That's one badass bunny.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78608 on: June 09, 2015, 08:26:02 am »

Time on the library computer ran out without warning, right in the middle of checking my route. Good news is, the third bus I have to take does go by where I need to go, maybe even the second one(which would cut the travel cost in half).

Unfortunately, I'm also about three hours early since I don't know the schedule. And it's going to rain.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78609 on: June 09, 2015, 09:34:36 am »

it's a library right?  find a book to read?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #78610 on: June 09, 2015, 09:50:28 am »

Oh hey, they're making a new Reboot show. I remember the old one, it was pretty cool, I hope that the new one-

Transcending age groups with appeal to kids, tweens and teens, ReBoot: the Guardian Code is an adventure-comedy series about four teens (Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra) who discover that they’re next-gen Guardians with a mission to save the world, by defending it in cyberspace. The Internet revolutionized the world, but it also left it vulnerable to attack. With the help of VERA, the last surviving cyberbeing from the original Guardian Program, our heroes stream into cyberspace where they use their awesome code-based powers to battle viruses that have been unleashed by a ruthless hacker. Known only as the Sourcerer, he seeks to rule the world by controlling cyberspace.  Original fans of the show will be happy to hear that Megabyte will be back and he’s getting a major upgrade. ReBoot will showcase leading edge technologies and bring coding into the mainstream for kids.

When Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra are not trying to stop viruses from overloading a nuclear power station, or remotely opening a dam to flood a city, or playing Criss Cross Crash Hour with a city’s transportation grid, our heroes are being typical teens: arguing with their parents over curfews; dealing with crushes; or trying to avoid getting suspended for skipping class when they’re really on a cyber-mission to save the world!

WHYYYYYYYYYY
It's FEF, not FEOF

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #78611 on: June 09, 2015, 09:51:36 am »

Sourcerer
huehuehue

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78612 on: June 09, 2015, 09:51:46 am »

That.
Sounds terrible.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #78613 on: June 09, 2015, 09:52:10 am »

it sounds delightful

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78614 on: June 09, 2015, 09:52:55 am »

You're delightful.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 5239 5240 [5241] 5242 5243 ... 11037