Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5238 5239 [5240] 5241 5242 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14494506 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #78585 on: June 08, 2015, 12:54:24 am »

You can accomplish so many things if you don't sleep at all! I am almost done with my practical assignment for uni! I have to go to uni now because it's nine in the morning! My bones feel like fluffy jelly wands and there's an endlessly shrinking infinite space in my head! I have almost never been as awake as I am now! Everything is buzzing like wet glass!
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78586 on: June 08, 2015, 12:58:34 am »

Oh yeah, sleep deprivation does that. For a lot of people anyway, it's a pretty rad feeling if you ask me.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #78587 on: June 08, 2015, 01:05:16 am »

Up to a point it can be. Not always, and the aftereffects are often such that it's not even remotely worth it. It's not entirely without its upsides, though.

The accomplishment thing, on the other hand, is an illusion. You'll get more things done in one go (maybe, and probably of significantly lower quality), but if you try to us that regularly you'll almost certainly get less done, over the period, just because of how badly it screws with you. As magical as the hallucinations can be, consistent, regular, and healthy amounts of sleep is the much greater magic.

Also please don't drive anywhere, if going to uni involves that. Walk, take bus, get someone else to take you. Driving while sleep deprived is almost as bad as driving drunk.

E: I'd also like to state for the record that Ogre Battle's music/sound effects are nostalgic as all hell. Recently started playing a hard-type mod/watching a longplay of the game, and good gods it's right in the long term memory ;_;
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:10:14 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #78588 on: June 08, 2015, 01:08:34 am »

As an insomniac, I can tell you the sleep deprivation haze will get quite debilitating if you don't fix it soon. You might feel you can accomplish everything, but the lack of focus makes said accomplishments lack in quality. And it gets worse the longer you go without sleep.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

blazing glory

« Reply #78589 on: June 08, 2015, 01:11:03 am »

I find it loosens the creative juices but I have yet to go over to the far side.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78590 on: June 08, 2015, 01:11:22 am »

Eh, I'm just doing that because it's finals week, and the accomplishment is very real. I have done so much annoying Praat markup. So much.
I don't drive. I mean, I'd like to, but my family doesn't own a car and I don't have near enough money to own one myself or even go to driving school. I take the metro. Thanks, anyway.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78591 on: June 08, 2015, 04:38:28 am »

The minister of the Sabah province of Malaysia, Joseph Pairin Kitingan has blamed 10 European tourists, who took naked pictures of themselves on mount Kinabalu, for the earthquake that has so far killed 16 people. Their act would have upset the mountain spirit.
A special ritual will be held soon, to calm down the spirit of the mountain, which is a holy place for the local people.

Minister Kiringan states that "there is almost certainly a connection between the photographs and the earthquake". He says the tourists in question will have to be put on trial according to local tradition, and furthermore, Europeans should no longer be allowed to travel to the region.

Five out of the ten tourists are still in Malaysia. They have been forbidden to leave the country, as they are facing charges for 'horribly sinful behaviour'.

Heh. That's one country I'll scrap from my list of 'want to go check out awesome nature there one day'
I wonder if that 'special ritual' will include throwing the tourists off the mountain...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 04:41:10 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78592 on: June 08, 2015, 04:57:06 am »

So I had a dream that I was making a comic for Bioshock Infinite

And basically the main character was the dumbest person in the world where I show the "on rails" aspect of the game. Like he has to sit on a chair but there is a neon sign saying "Trap!" and he goes "What could possibly go wrong?" and boom it is a trap!

But I kind or realize when awake... BOY would that get repetitious... that is like 50% of the game... "Dumb stuff"

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78593 on: June 08, 2015, 06:56:21 am »

Someone's pet pigeon has decided that my garden is a nice place to chill. It's perfectly tame and looks to be fine, it just would rather hang around here than go wherever it's supposed to be.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78594 on: June 08, 2015, 07:57:56 am »

There's a place on my former uni where two fucking VULTURES insist on using as their hang out place. They just sit at the top of one of the buildings and kind of just hang out there doing vultury things, which either means they must be having an awesome chat or someone died inside said building and nobody else has noticed :v

That or they're looking at the uni students and going "look at all these delishus sleep deprived half dead people, one of them will drop dead anytime now".
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #78595 on: June 08, 2015, 10:12:14 am »

There's a place on my former uni where two fucking VULTURES insist on using as their hang out place. They just sit at the top of one of the buildings and kind of just hang out there doing vultury things, which either means they must be having an awesome chat or someone died inside said building and nobody else has noticed :v

That or they're looking at the uni students and going "look at all these delishus sleep deprived half dead people, one of them will drop dead anytime now".
Plenty of vultures in of the campi here. Vultures just like to chill in high places, and a campus (or, at least, this one) tends to have enough wildlife to sustain them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #78596 on: June 08, 2015, 10:24:01 am »

This campus has crows and seagulls. They seem to survive solely on a diet of donated fast food fries and squirrel roadkill. Also Canadian geese, ducks... But they just waddle around getting even fatter and more delicious looking.

There was that one time I nearly ran over a deer that bolted across the road in front of me on campus...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #78597 on: June 08, 2015, 10:32:53 am »

Someone's pet pigeon has decided that my garden is a nice place to chill. It's perfectly tame and looks to be fine, it just would rather hang around here than go wherever it's supposed to be.

It must be broken. This is the opposite of homing.
Love, scriver~

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #78598 on: June 08, 2015, 10:37:06 am »

Same thing happened to me.
Poor guy got eaten by the cat, though. D:

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78599 on: June 08, 2015, 10:57:15 am »

I finished watching Neon Genesis Evangelion the other night. I think that counts, right? Though, frankly, I wasn't horribly distraught about the ending, or the themes, given my interest in existentialism and the half-bottle of wine caressing my brain. Still, even with the mental power tools that is TvTropes, my brain feels like a disaster zone with all the gunk I have to sift through to make sense of it.

It's close to how much of a loop House of Leaves threw me for. Yaaaigh.
Make sure to watch End of Evangelion as well, so you can have an ending that isn't the animated expression of Anno having a breakdown.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 5238 5239 [5240] 5241 5242 ... 11037