Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5213 5214 [5215] 5216 5217 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14493346 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #78210 on: June 02, 2015, 10:50:49 am »

In this case, he was referring to calculi, the formed stony bodies that happen when organic tissues or secretions harden and are mineralized into hard insoluble concretions.
Naah, I was indeed referring to calculus, the material, as opposed to calculi, the real-world stony bodies. /nitpicking

My WTF: I learned today that there's instances where test runs aren't called for. When you're microwaving your underpants for example you want to not make a test run so your Italian flatmate doesn't come in the door when you're about to start on the pair you actually want.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78211 on: June 02, 2015, 10:55:36 am »

You just earned a week of strange italian stares.
Or not ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #78212 on: June 02, 2015, 11:01:22 am »

Eh, I don't see sorbitol or fluoride chewing gum in stores, and I did say it does not replace brushing your teeth with fluoride paste.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78213 on: June 02, 2015, 11:14:40 am »

I'm not sure if it's available where you live, but xylitol chewing gum is specifically designed to stop those acid attacks. It doesn't replace brushing, but it's a gentle cleanup to have after eating.
Or you could drink some milk.
I'm not sure if it's available where you live, though.
I bet he has ice tea  :P  Which is probably a wash when it comes to tooth care, shouldn't help or hurt...  Unsweet of course.

My WTF: I learned today that there's instances where test runs aren't called for. When you're microwaving your underpants for example you want to not make a test run so your Italian flatmate doesn't come in the door when you're about to start on the pair you actually want.
That's not what hot pants are :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78214 on: June 02, 2015, 11:32:35 am »

@Current FIFA news:  If 1 vote per country type democracy doesn't work in our favor, we will boycott the whole thing.

It kinda is like the poor countries versus the rich countries in this situation.  The poor ones benefit more from the funds from FIFA/Blatter's policy while the well-to-do ones can live without it.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78215 on: June 02, 2015, 11:33:11 am »

In this case, he was referring to calculi, the formed stony bodies that happen when organic tissues or secretions harden and are mineralized into hard insoluble concretions.
Naah, I was indeed referring to calculus, the material, as opposed to calculi, the real-world stony bodies. /nitpicking

Microwaving your what? People do that? Why?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78216 on: June 02, 2015, 11:33:45 am »

Just tell the room mate that you had read on the internet that using the microwave on filthy kitchen sponged was an effective way to sanitize and deodorize them by killing all the germs, and that his shorts were so vile, that you thought this would be an acceptable means of disinfecting and deodorizing them, but that you clearly had not thought this all the way through.

;)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78217 on: June 02, 2015, 11:47:11 am »

@Current FIFA news:  If 1 vote per country type democracy doesn't work in our favor, we will boycott the whole thing.

It kinda is like the poor countries versus the rich countries in this situation.  The poor ones benefit more from the funds from FIFA/Blatter's policy while the well-to-do ones can live without it.

Correction: the poor country's corrupt government officials benefit from the funds from FIFA/Blatter's policies.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #78218 on: June 02, 2015, 11:51:44 am »

On a cold day, there is nothing quite like a freshly microwaved pair of tighty-whities.

*gives Helgo a toasty crotch high-five* (i.e. a  "toasty crotch" high-five, not a toasty high-five in the crotch)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78219 on: June 02, 2015, 11:53:58 am »

On a cold day, there is nothing quite like a freshly microwaved pair of tighty-whities.

*gives Helgo a toasty crotch high-five* (i.e. a  "toasty crotch" high-five, not a toasty high-five in the crotch)
And here I imagined it as slapping your crotches together.

I would try that, but I think some of my housemates would be disturbed to find a pair of panties in the microwave.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #78220 on: June 02, 2015, 12:00:38 pm »

Ultra Europe starts on the 12th of July. I have exams until the 19th.

Now the wtf in this is the realisation that it's at this time, the rage will come once the dorm managment inevitably evicts us all eariler so they can cash in on the sweet sweet atendee money. And even if they don't the main venue is very nearby so there'll be little to no sleep once it starts.

I really need to find a place for next year, this shit is too much honestly.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #78221 on: June 02, 2015, 12:09:14 pm »

Ultra Europe starts on the 12th of July. I have exams until the 19th.

Now the wtf in this is the realisation that it's at this time, the rage will come once the dorm managment inevitably evicts us all eariler so they can cash in on the sweet sweet atendee money. And even if they don't the main venue is very nearby so there'll be little to no sleep once it starts.

I really need to find a place for next year, this shit is too much honestly.
WTF is Ultra Europe? I'm picturing Europe suddenly growing wings and extra missile launchers. "SUPER MEGA ULTRA EUROPE GO!"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78222 on: June 02, 2015, 12:10:42 pm »

Well I know about Super Britain where the super british live with THICK accents and god save the queen and all that.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78223 on: June 02, 2015, 12:11:40 pm »

it's like the ultra megazord, in that all the geographic countries of europe mechanically change shape, creating Ultra Europe.

Sadly, the designers seem to have given Belgum too much control over the process.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #78224 on: June 02, 2015, 12:11:52 pm »

http://www.ultraeurope.com/

It's only one of the biggest dance/techno/drug/booze overdose events in the world.

Also a chance for the locals to completely rob any visitors by charging several times the usual prices for pretty much everything, fucking greedy shits.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 5213 5214 [5215] 5216 5217 ... 11037