Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5194 5195 [5196] 5197 5198 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14507903 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77925 on: May 30, 2015, 12:46:16 pm »

>_>

<_<

#NotAllFeminists.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #77926 on: May 30, 2015, 12:46:57 pm »

Oh yeah, here comes Bohandas with the "this forum is so oppressive" spiel again.
Love, scriver~

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #77927 on: May 30, 2015, 12:48:45 pm »

Personally I kinda just wish less overtly and depressingly serious issues came up here, poi. They just tend to end before they can go anywhere and most often just make people less willing to hear other users out or paranoid. (Read: Neonivek and Weird often assuming they'll be attacked or ignored. Calm down guys! We're all friends here!)

Everyone could do with... What did toady call it? Amplifying their relaxed states? Poi?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #77928 on: May 30, 2015, 12:53:48 pm »

Oh yeah, here comes Bohandas with the "this forum is so oppressive" spiel again.

Inconvenient comments/messages are simply made to disppear. That is something straight out of Ninteen Eighty-Four.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #77929 on: May 30, 2015, 12:55:35 pm »

Inconvenient comments/messages are simply made to disppear. That is something straight out of Ninteen Eighty-Four.
We've lost a lot of good forumites o.o7

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77930 on: May 30, 2015, 12:56:13 pm »

pedistal
pedistal
pedistal
pedestal

A whole page of impotent rage and my only point of complaint is spelling.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77931 on: May 30, 2015, 12:57:50 pm »

Or future-UK.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #77932 on: May 30, 2015, 12:59:08 pm »

The real problem is that the topics are never g8ven the chance to be resolved before being sent down the memory hole.
I'm gonna level with you here, I've been involved in a handful of these discussions (one of which that went on for ~3 days) that have gotten quite a bit into the discussion. The problem that usually causes things to blow up is one extreme person (for either side, I've seen discussions go up from both ways) who doesn't bother to fully read whatever anyone else says and quickly resorts to just launching attacks at other forumites, thus leading to attention from Toady.

The impression that sometimes Toady is fairly quick on shutting said discussions down comes from the fact that we've had a few of said discussions that started to happen shortly after one was shut down (often with extremists on both sides to force a fast degeneration), meaning we (and Toady) could already see what was going to happen because you had the exact same people starting to discuss the exact same topic with the exact same level of hostility. Ergo, a few of the discussions have been shut down within hours (while several have gone for much longer).

Net Result: As a person who has been involved in a rather large portion of said discussions on this forum stretching back for several years (and who has "argued" on both sides before), I'd say that Toady has been rather understanding and patient with the topic, and that in the vast majority of cases it's one or two forumites that ruin it for everyone else (and who usually get banned permanently after two-three times of blowing up topics like that, causing the "comments/messages disappear" effect that you are seeing).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #77933 on: May 30, 2015, 01:00:11 pm »

Or future-UK.
Current UK

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #77934 on: May 30, 2015, 01:00:17 pm »

CIV 5 PLZ.

I HAVE ENOUGH ANIMU WITH PERSONA, I DON'T NEED IT HERE TOO.

download link for those curious: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=449503576

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77935 on: May 30, 2015, 01:00:58 pm »

Or future-UK.
Airstrip 1 WAS past!future!UK
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77936 on: May 30, 2015, 01:01:06 pm »

See, Jan- er, Gunner-Chan's described exactly why I try (and too often fail) to avoid getting into serious-modo arguments on here. I can't speak for anyone else, but I come to B12 to relax and argue less-seriously about silly things, because there's enough of that crap in my meatspace life and at least those arguments have a chance of resolving themselves in a productive way. The circular and repetitive arguments about politics, ideology, gender, &c. are worse than random shitpost RPing when it comes to derailing threads and reducing the quality of discourse, honestly.

We've lost a lot of good forumites o.o7
The only good forumites we've lost are the ones who wandered off and never came back. The mod-log is full of abrasive jerks who repeatedly started arguments; the only one who I actually remember contributing anything worthwhile was burningpet when not involved with religious discussions.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77937 on: May 30, 2015, 01:01:31 pm »

CIV 5 PLZ.

I HAVE ENOUGH ANIMU WITH PERSONA, I DON'T NEED IT HERE TOO.

download link for those curious: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=449503576
Theres some touhous in your civ V too, if you poke the workshop somemore.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #77938 on: May 30, 2015, 01:02:19 pm »

>implying touohous arent animu

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77939 on: May 30, 2015, 01:02:54 pm »

The only good forumites we've lost are the ones who wandered off and never came back. The mod-log is full of abrasive jerks who repeatedly started arguments; the only one who I actually remember contributing anything worthwhile was burningpet when not involved with religious discussions.
I thought smeeprocket was alright, just with poor self control.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 5194 5195 [5196] 5197 5198 ... 11037