Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5192 5193 [5194] 5195 5196 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14505642 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77895 on: May 29, 2015, 10:10:55 pm »

Found out that my mom is apparently a shipper, even if she doesn't use or know the phrase. In her own words, she's always looking for a love story - in this case, between two chefs on a cooking show.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #77896 on: May 29, 2015, 10:29:43 pm »

introduce her to fanfictiiiiion
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77897 on: May 29, 2015, 10:31:52 pm »

I misread that at first.

Then I was confused a second time, because my reaction to the word shipper is a person who works in a company's shipping department, and I was wondering why your mom having a job would confuse you.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #77898 on: May 29, 2015, 10:39:01 pm »

I wonder if anyone's shipped shippers. Or shipped shipping containers. Maybe shippers ship shipping containers while they're shipping shipping containers because they're bored at work.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77899 on: May 29, 2015, 10:52:02 pm »

I'm fairly certain that shipping containers have been shipped. After all, the purpose of shipping containers is to be a convenient way to ship things that must be shipped.

Sometimes shipping containers are shipped on a ship. The question I have is are there shipping container containers?

Of course, sometimes during their ship, shipping gets chipped while being shipped, as the waves knock the ship, possibly chipping the ship, too.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #77900 on: May 29, 2015, 10:58:08 pm »

How can this even?
We're all wizards. There's your answer.

And yeah, shippers have been shipped, as have shipping containers, and the various other permutations involved. Shipping is a lot like Rule 34 (it also overlaps with R34 fairly often). It probably exists, and if it doesn't, it will. The miracle of the written word is that it can turn colliding crates into salacious smut, and the miracle of the human mind is that many people out there find doing so to be intensely amusing.

It's a good time to be a wizard, trading tales of inanimate debauchery across the aetheric lines we've wrapped around this planet. We just need to hurry up and get off said planet, so we can wrap our swathing of sin across the entire galaxy.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77901 on: May 29, 2015, 11:04:54 pm »

I misread that at first.

Then I was confused a second time, because my reaction to the word shipper is a person who works in a company's shipping department, and I was wondering why your mom having a job would confuse you.
No, see, I'd be confused too if my mom went and got the same job as me.

(Sirus is a shipper by profession)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77902 on: May 29, 2015, 11:11:27 pm »

I thought he was a trucker.

I get that truckers ship things with their truck, so a trucker could be a shipper with that definition, but my shippers are different than yours.

At my work, the shipper is the guy who sits at a desk at the loading area of the factory. He ensures that all packages going out are correctly labeled and such, and helps prepare them for shipping. He also helps those who come to drop things off unload their shipment.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77903 on: May 29, 2015, 11:13:57 pm »

From my point of view, a shipper is someone who loads their freight into containers and sends it to other places. So no, I'm not a shipper in that regard.
the OTHER kind of shipping, on the other hand...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77904 on: May 29, 2015, 11:14:48 pm »

SirusXFedEx OTP
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77905 on: May 29, 2015, 11:15:46 pm »

But do you ever look at two or more boxes in the back of your truck and think that they would be adorable together?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77906 on: May 29, 2015, 11:41:42 pm »

I'm not sure what to think of today. It's been more-or-less equal parts enjoyable and irritating.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #77907 on: May 30, 2015, 04:19:23 am »

Does your girlfriend? Maybe in her... other mouth? :V
Jesus Christ almighty why would anybody do that. Mint mouthwash has mint in it. Mint, the plant that is famous for containing a somewhat numbing but also very much stinging neurotoxin that specifically affects mucous membranes.
All I can gather is some not-so-subtle innuendos about vaginas and shoving mouthwash in them.
Weeeeell, there was this article I read somewhere long time ago that involved testing a certain brand of strong mint candy with oral sex and uh, woman participant was, er, well pleased when on the receiving end.

...I'll be in my bunk.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77908 on: May 30, 2015, 10:42:53 am »

Well, that hotspot in my yard was short-lived; it's got a password on it now. Now I'm sitting in some grass down the street at another hotspot waiting for a bug to crawl up my ass(has happened before whether I noticed it or not).

I also know things are going to hell when I agree with a New York Post editorial - namely one from a woman(forget the name, or date of paper) who rather strongly disagrees with New York's attempts to make even non-explicit sexual encounters(non-explicit meaning things like kissing) regarding college students to be considered rape unless the recipient- I'm sorry, survivor(yes, the law defines them as either "victim" or "survivor") gives "affirmative consent" meaning they have to agree to every single step of the way. What's more, the intended law flatly denies the "rapist" any form of legal defense or chance of appeal or even due process. Do note, I have not looked up to see if that editorial is little more than utter bullshit, but considering what I went through(tried to date a student who initially showed reciprocation, but then suddenly told the college I was harassing her) and the way I was treated because of that, it's reason enough to be pissed.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #77909 on: May 30, 2015, 11:08:24 am »

I also know things are going to hell when I agree with a New York Post editorial - namely one from a woman(forget the name, or date of paper) who rather strongly disagrees with New York's attempts to make even non-explicit sexual encounters(non-explicit meaning things like kissing) regarding college students to be considered rape unless the recipient- I'm sorry, survivor(yes, the law defines them as either "victim" or "survivor") gives "affirmative consent" meaning they have to agree to every single step of the way. What's more, the intended law flatly denies the "rapist" any form of legal defense or chance of appeal or even due process. Do note, I have not looked up to see if that editorial is little more than utter bullshit, but considering what I went through(tried to date a student who initially showed reciprocation, but then suddenly told the college I was harassing her) and the way I was treated because of that, it's reason enough to be pissed.

Yeah, that's pretty fucked up. It's a wonder that there's anyone who still takes rape accusations seriously given that it's been redefined so broadly as to be effectively meaningless.

As for the kind of treatment described, it is becoming increasingly clear to me that the mere mention of any form of sexual misconduct (even outside of the context of an accusation) has the same power over most people as the interjection "fnord" did in the Illuminatus novels; it instantly shuts off the hearer/reader's ability to reason
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 5192 5193 [5194] 5195 5196 ... 11037