Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5191 5192 [5193] 5194 5195 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14505540 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77880 on: May 29, 2015, 03:11:10 pm »

You're all fuckin' weird.

Except Gunnar-chan. For obvious reasons.

you guys take things too seriously.
Your FACE takes things too seriously. Boom.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #77881 on: May 29, 2015, 03:20:30 pm »

Really? All at once.

Closest I've been was when I went crazy and killed a few folks. The mix of pure Joy and Rage was exhilarating.

THE WTF IS COMING FROM THE THREAD!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77883 on: May 29, 2015, 04:18:27 pm »

Was playing Kerbal Space Program, and I discovered that time warp can confuse the game's physics engine in certain situations. It seems that a craft landing on the ground at speeds well within tolerance will think it's going 4x faster at 4x warp, and be destroyed just as messily as if it were going 12 m/s at a comfortable 3 m/s. I'm trying to think of a way to abuse this for my benefit, though more testing is needed to confirm that that's actually what's happening, and if it happens at other time accelerations.

Are you fully up to date? I thought they fixed that particular issue a long time ago (parachutes stay on when you deploy them while time compressed, for example), although TC does still simplify the physics (causing things to flex badly if you have a complex ship.

I was about a year out of date somehow, and updating fixed the problem. Apparently I disabled updates for KSP at some point and forgot about it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #77884 on: May 29, 2015, 04:54:13 pm »

W... why does the opening sequence to xenosaga look like someone just woke up a necron tombworld?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #77885 on: May 29, 2015, 05:14:36 pm »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77886 on: May 29, 2015, 05:21:46 pm »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77887 on: May 29, 2015, 05:25:19 pm »

Spoiler: You rang, Intenseborn? (click to show/hide)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #77888 on: May 29, 2015, 05:51:26 pm »

Christ, just had to spend 2 hours trying to figure out which town a renamed hospital on a street on a district that may be a town part of a larger town, or might just be a constituency, or part of a new town, or a larger district, straddling two districts, part of a city, may just be a street, and they may just be calling their towns districts because they are a city, is a part of. And they also redrew the internal borders during that again. And then they also have towns named after streets, and towns that don't sound like towns. And towns named after common geographical terms. And directions. Which this hospital is all a part of. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I mean, London may be as bad, but at least I'm used to it. This is a type of bad a world apart. It's like living in a world of tornadoes, then having to deal with tsunamis.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #77889 on: May 29, 2015, 06:48:38 pm »

Spoiler: You rang, Intenseborn? (click to show/hide)
Bloody hell. :P
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #77890 on: May 29, 2015, 06:53:08 pm »

Why the fuck is it so impossible to put how-two articles in text and picture format? Everytime I try to fix something, I have to listen to some mushmouthed idiot mumbling into the microphone as he very slowly removes screws, lifts open a case, removes more screws, then finally gets to the part I want to see. It takes twenty minutes to accomplish what could (and should) have been accomplished with a single photograph and a line of text.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #77891 on: May 29, 2015, 06:58:49 pm »

Mushmouthed idiot may be getting paid, that's why. Also probably easier these days to upload to youtube than bother with a website, honestly. Or at least folks are more comfortable with it or somethin'.

More seriously, a lot of people seem to prefer video tutorials and whatnot. Consequence of youtube and junk, maybe. Actually seeing it performed can sometimes be a bit more clear than text/picture, too... I've had a couple cases in the past where it worked out like that.

... definitely prefer the picture and text, though. Both is ideal.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77892 on: May 29, 2015, 08:09:07 pm »

Got on the train, carriage is fairly empty. I am quite pleased by this and head towards a seat.

Suddenly, not one, not two, but three noisy small children are loaded on around me.
Me = NNOOOOOOOOOO

So I fled to the next, more crowded carriage and wound up in a less ideal seat that I may-or-may not have to surrender to a 'special needs' passenger at some point. Or worse yet, some slob might sit next to me. It's unlikely, people tend to avoid such a fate, but on a crowded train you never know. I'll have to remove my sunnies so that my ghoulish pallor can frighten people away.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #77893 on: May 29, 2015, 08:11:32 pm »

Why the fuck is it so impossible to put how-two articles in text and picture format? Everytime I try to fix something, I have to listen to some mushmouthed idiot mumbling into the microphone as he very slowly removes screws, lifts open a case, removes more screws, then finally gets to the part I want to see. It takes twenty minutes to accomplish what could (and should) have been accomplished with a single photograph and a line of text.

I assume it's because the mushmouthed idiots are also illiterate
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #77894 on: May 29, 2015, 08:13:35 pm »

Got on the train, carriage is fairly empty. I am quite pleased by this and head towards a seat.

Suddenly, not one, not two, but three noisy small children are loaded on around me.
Me = NNOOOOOOOOOO

So I fled to the next, more crowded carriage and wound up in a less ideal seat that I may-or-may not have to surrender to a 'special needs' passenger at some point. Or worse yet, some slob might sit next to me. It's unlikely, people tend to avoid such a fate, but on a crowded train you never know. I'll have to remove my sunnies so that my ghoulish pallor can frighten people away.

They really need to stop using those wretched 2 person seats on trains.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 5191 5192 [5193] 5194 5195 ... 11037