Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5190 5191 [5192] 5193 5194 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14505557 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77865 on: May 29, 2015, 01:22:14 pm »

Does your girlfriend? Maybe in her... other mouth? :V
Jesus Christ almighty why would anybody do that. Mint mouthwash has mint in it. Mint, the plant that is famous for containing a somewhat numbing but also very much stinging neurotoxin that specifically affects mucous membranes.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77866 on: May 29, 2015, 01:23:40 pm »

What's with everybody today, daym son.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77867 on: May 29, 2015, 01:28:06 pm »

Heat induced erections, apparently. To clarify, I don't actually believe that's a thing. No way.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77868 on: May 29, 2015, 01:50:07 pm »

Was playing Kerbal Space Program, and I discovered that time warp can confuse the game's physics engine in certain situations. It seems that a craft landing on the ground at speeds well within tolerance will think it's going 4x faster at 4x warp, and be destroyed just as messily as if it were going 12 m/s at a comfortable 3 m/s. I'm trying to think of a way to abuse this for my benefit, though more testing is needed to confirm that that's actually what's happening, and if it happens at other time accelerations.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #77869 on: May 29, 2015, 01:50:19 pm »

Summer has started for reals. Cue people honking their horns in traffic for no reason, hanging out their windows shouting at pedestrians as they drive by and a general increase in hostility.

Oh and the flashing. Don't forget the flashing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77870 on: May 29, 2015, 01:57:09 pm »

You're all fuckin' weird.

Except Gunnar-chan. For obvious reasons.

you guys take things too seriously.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77871 on: May 29, 2015, 02:05:38 pm »

Jesus Christ almighty why would anybody do that. Mint mouthwash has mint in it. Mint, the plant that is famous for containing a somewhat numbing but also very much stinging neurotoxin that specifically affects mucous membranes.

Actually, it contains artificial mint flavoring:
http://www.vox.com/2014/12/1/7309499/mint-fresh-breath

Especially telling is the fact that in 1992, Listerine — the originator of the fresh breath idea, but with menthol, not mint — introduced a mint flavor of mouthwash. Put simply, we like the idea of mint more than menthol.

But what makes this really interesting is that the mouthwash, like many mint products, still produces the cooling sensation through menthol, and the mint taste wholly through artificial flavoring. In other words, it contains no mint oil.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:16:02 pm by Reelya »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77872 on: May 29, 2015, 02:14:56 pm »

Except that they've cheated on the mint for decades:

Especially telling is the fact that in 1992, Listerine — the originator of the fresh breath idea, but with menthol, not mint — introduced a mint flavor of mouthwash. Put simply, we like the idea of mint more than menthol.

But what makes this really interesting is that the mouthwash, like many mint products, still produces the cooling sensation through menthol, and the mint taste wholly through artificial flavoring. In other words, it contains no mint oil.
But menthol is the neurotoxin I'm talking about.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77873 on: May 29, 2015, 02:15:42 pm »

You're all fuckin' weird.

Except Gunnar-chan. For obvious reasons.

you guys take things too seriously.

Who, me, take things too seriously?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #77874 on: May 29, 2015, 02:36:14 pm »

Except that they've cheated on the mint for decades:

But menthol is the neurotoxin I'm talking about.
Menthol is not neurotoxic. It's a mild analgesic - but so is aspirin, and produces the sensation by stimulating a receptor. Like sugar, or, you know... LITERALLY EVERYTHING.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #77875 on: May 29, 2015, 02:38:45 pm »

For when you want to be minty fresh for your partner, of course! :v

Heat induced erections, apparently. To clarify, I don't actually believe that's a thing. No way.

Specifically, I believe it was increased-smells-of-others-induced erections. Which I have a bit less trouble believing exist.

Otherwise, hotness is definitely my number one boner inducer, really.
Love, scriver~

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #77876 on: May 29, 2015, 02:49:44 pm »

Was playing Kerbal Space Program, and I discovered that time warp can confuse the game's physics engine in certain situations. It seems that a craft landing on the ground at speeds well within tolerance will think it's going 4x faster at 4x warp, and be destroyed just as messily as if it were going 12 m/s at a comfortable 3 m/s. I'm trying to think of a way to abuse this for my benefit, though more testing is needed to confirm that that's actually what's happening, and if it happens at other time accelerations.

Are you fully up to date? I thought they fixed that particular issue a long time ago (parachutes stay on when you deploy them while time compressed, for example), although TC does still simplify the physics (causing things to flex badly if you have a complex ship.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77877 on: May 29, 2015, 03:01:43 pm »

Well this is the thread for weird things. Or at least unusual.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77878 on: May 29, 2015, 03:06:06 pm »

UGH!!!

I am feeling every emotion at once today XD

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #77879 on: May 29, 2015, 03:08:44 pm »

Really? All at once.

Closest I've been was when I went crazy and killed a few folks. The mix of pure Joy and Rage was exhilarating.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5190 5191 [5192] 5193 5194 ... 11037